Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Um, what? He doesn't have a great physique but he's pretty strong for a guy his size and doesn't get gassed five minutes into a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The whole point was that he was doing the Macho Man elbow, and I can't believe they didn't grasp that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, I'm not saying he did it particularly well, but I wouldn't say he's a bad athlete over that--definitely not one of the worst in the company.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Maybe I'm not entirely sure what constitutes a good athlete or not.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

The latest edition of B&V had probably my least favorite opening 15 minutes ever, followed by a great review of Memphis Heat.

B&V was great this week. They had a really good discussion about why WWE will never be as good as it once was.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

With some dedication and let's be honest, HGH, he probably could've been in line for a World Title feud (not a run though) while Michaels and Bret were on top based on workrate alone. If TNA has made hay of Bubba as a singles talent, I don't know why Pac couldn't be one.

Waltman was in TNA at a few points. It never worked out.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Art of Wrestling gets cool this week.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LordPants posted:

Subscribing to the Observer is awesome and I recommend it to anyone.

I was on the fence about it for a long time, thinking "pfft, why would I pay $10 a month just to hear people talk about wrestling" but you guys convinced me to do it and it's totally worth it. I find myself periodically looking every day for something new to listen to.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

New B&V is up where they discuss last week's Smackdown, Raw, and this week's live Smackdown.

Bryan Alvarez has never seen The Year Without a Santa Claus. :stare:

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 30, 2011

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Today's B&V is worth listening to just for the discussion about Mighty Bomb Jack.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Borh posted:

Bryan has apparently just come to the realization that it is not a good idea for a 140 pound man to start drinking on an empty stomach at 2 pm, proceed to get totally wasted, eat an enormous amount of food afterwards, go out on a loving boat and then try to do another radio show a few hours later with no sleep in between. I guess there's hope for him yet.

Our little Bryan is growing up. :unsmith:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Up until now the only wrestling podcasts I've been listening to in recent months have been on WON/F4W. Tonight, I decided to change it up and listened to a couple episodes of LAW and Smart Wrestling Fan. Very enjoyable so far. LAW doesn't seem particularly hilarious or informative but the two guys are cool and seem like very down-to-earth wrestling fans, and SWF (which I'm listening to right now) is incredibly fun. Thanks for expanding my horizons once again, PSP.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 29, 2011

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I hadn't listened to one of these before but it was pretty enjoyable to have on in the background while I was drawing.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bryan and Vinny saying TNA comes off more bush league than Portland Wrestling (which was Oregon's main indy promotion) made me laugh.

EDIT: How on earth am I supposed to listen to older episodes of Smart Wrestling Fan, anyway? This Podbean site is a piece of poo poo and won't load anything other than the most recently posted one, no matter what I do. I can't even download it because it just loops back to the download page.

EDIT 2: I think I figured it out. Seems like the two podcasts before the most recent one--Tribute to the TLC and the Lashley/Slammys, specifically--just don't work. The one's before that one load up fine. Weird.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 31, 2011

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'd really rather not have anything to do with iTunes if I have the chance.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, I getcha. Bandwidth is a bitch.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Perigryn posted:

I was shocked at Dave's discussion of Cena's promo on Raw. "What is he saying? He HAS lady parts?...a vagina? or boobs...." while Bryan is probably trying not to laugh...

That was loving hilarious. I love when Meltzer just goes on these weird tangents.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Oatgan posted:

Are Alex Riley and Mason Ryan the least technically proficient and most generally unsafe tag team of all time ever employed by a major promotion?

I've heard from a couple people that Alex Riley is actually getting better and working safer, but I haven't watched Superstars in ages so I can't confirm or deny this.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Well I'm shocked this Observer Radio didn't open with Alvarez saying something akin to "What the gently caress was that Raw?!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SGRaaize posted:

I just wish we could get rid of the loving Grandma.

Yeah, I don't get the granny stuff. I normally don't skip parts of podcasts, but I always skip past the stuff involving her.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I like the cat talk. But that's because I own cats.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I guess it's because of my copious amounts of free time (unemployment woo :() but I always find time to listen to F4W (pretty much just Bryan/Vinny/Dave shows), LAW and SWF throughout the week. Have to listen to SWF in multiple sittings, though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LordPants posted:

Hulk Hogan wanted to get his win back over Brock Lesnar.

Hulk Hogan wanted to get his win back over Brock. Lesnar.

:psyduck:

That was a really good WO episode. That Shawn/Hogan thing is so fascinating. And then all about Hogan walking out on the company. Also a classic Dave-ism "I've talked to somebody in the match that isn't Shawn Michaels..."

The stories of Hulk Hogan's ego always baffle me. Can't believe anyone in the world could be that full of themselves. "Okay, we'll have a two match series, and I'll win them both."

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Moose Bigelow posted:

Russo would later tell the New York Times: ‘There is one word that we start and end every conversation with: logic. Once you lose the logic of the situation, then you lose the realism and you lose the audience.”

This is my very favorite Russo quote.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I was very disappointed that Alvarez didn't go into detail about Cena's angry close-up.

At least the LAW guys found it hilarious.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Oh man, I can't wait. I was going to order Thug Assassins but forgot about it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'm absolutely shocked that Wade Barrett wasn't even top five in Most Improved, but Ziggler is a great choice for the top spot.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

hahaha I Just noticed Vince McMahon finishing 7th in Best Booker

When was the last time Vince booked anything?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, I've loved my subscription. Gives me countless hours of stuff to listen to in my downtime and it's nice not having to go to copypaste dirt sheet sites for news that may or may not be accurate.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Awesome, I needed something to listen to while I try to sleep.

EDIT: I just realized that that probably sounded like I meant you were boring and that's totally not what I meant, haha. I just like to listen to stuff while I go to bed.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 31, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"We are here to talk a bunch of news, the biggest of which is the fact that UNDERTAKER CAME BACK WITH A WIG ON!"

I laughed.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Poor Peewee Kiwi.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

WHow long will it be until we get details on the CM Punk DVD set?
I was really surprised when Dave gave an emphatic "Yes. I believe that they would." when asked about WWE licensing ROH matches for a hypothetical (at the time) Punk or Danielson DVD.

Considering he just revealed that it was greenlit, I would say not for a few months, at least.

It would be very interesting (and smart) if WWE actually reaches an agreement to include some old ROH matches.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Oh wow WON/F4W changed its site layout :stare:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I like how the earliest pages of this thread has everybody talking about how much they love Alvarez and now everybody hates him.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Yeah, I enjoy the cat stories too. It pretty much depends on how much you like cats I guess.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Well yeah, not all of them are great, but I've gotten a real kick out of a few, like the one where Snorki got sucked between two upright mattresses against a wall.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

njsykora posted:

Pretty much any rant on Kelly running the ropes is hilarious, though that focus seems to have switched to Velvet Sky lately.

Well Kelly has sort of fallen off the radar.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Speaking of Art of Wrestling, I haven't caught any of the recent ones. Any I should catch?

Supposedly this MVP one is the bee's knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The Goog posted:

Up until now it had been Nut Bunnies, but I grabbed a freeware Skype call recorder (which actually put my audio on the left channel and everyone else on the right--fun!) and cleaned it up in Audacity.

I assume you're talking about CallGraph, and this can be fixed by going into its options and setting it to record in Mono.

• Locked thread