Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Why did Jerry Lawler have a beat the clock match?!

"Bryan needs to win. Who do we have that can tap out in under four minutes that hasn't already wrestled?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Honestly they should just give the show to Pollock and Wai Ting. Their Review-A-Raw/Review-A-Wai shows are really good.

Wai Ting is the worst best name. I love the play on it on Wednesday's Review A Wai openings but the rest of the time its cheesiness overwhelms me.

But yeah those two rule. They do Review-an-Impact as well with some guy from the southern US calling in every week as a third mic, he's OK I guess.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Aleksander posted:

And sometimes that's a really good thing.

Most times that's a good thing. Can't stand his smug rear end on the LAW. The callers are just sharing a generic polite pleasantry asking how you're doing, you don't answer every last one with
:smug: oh not much just talkin' some wrestlin', what about you

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

If you haven't ever seen the LAW guys, I suggest you don't check out their Touts. :stonk: Agnew looks as douchey as he sounds, Lovransky looks about 30 years older than I thought he sounded (and his wardrobe makes me laugh every time because John & Wai are in collared shirts in most of their Touts while Dan seems to wear band t-shirts & shorts), Pollock has an impossibly wide mouth & Wai is probably the most normal looking one of the bunch, but seems to have a case of radio voice where he sounds totally different in the podcasts than he does in the real-world Touts.

Just one of those things where I had nice, wholesome images in my head & they all got promptly ruined by 45 seconds of video.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Karmine posted:

Oh God everybody listen to the LAW this week where the first caller talks about how lovely women are being treated in wrestling and then uses that to segue into talking about Todd Akin :psyduck:

goddamnit I was actually looking forward to the LAW this week because Agnew was out, and instead it's US politics on a Canadian radio show :suicide:

EDIT: was worth listening to anyway, gently caress Agnew I hope he quits, he is unnecessary. Pollock was great & even handled some god-awful Title Bout Trivia contestants well.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 29, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Karmine posted:

Am I the only one who's really excited for the LAW's Review-A-Merica election special?

Nope :haw::hf::haw: I have no idea how John & Wai don't work themselves to death with seemingly daily podcasts on top of their regular Fight Network duties. Been looking forward to the election podcasts ever since they mentioned possibly doing it a month or so ago.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm three weeks behind in podcasts so I only just found out via PM that I tied for second in the LAW's Rumble pool! :woop:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but all the talk when Jericho came back was that he was going to feud with Ryback, who Jericho had been a big proponent of on Twitter. If he came back just to put a certain guy over, and it got switched a few weeks out, I can see why Jericho might not be too happy.

Yeah, taking this into consideration I could see why he'd be irritated he went from "Help put over the #2 face in the company" to "Put over Vince's Funny Gimmick for March 2013".

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I still haven't heard it (hell I'm barely through the WM shows) but he is apparently changing his tune a bit on their message boards:

Wai Ting posted:

To be clear, I don't think this issue has anything to do with her announcing mistake. The idea that Hemme should be embarrassed this way for announcing the wrong name is ridiculous. My interpretation was that it was simply Aries making light of an awkward situation by making it even more awkward.

I don't think he did it with any malicious intent, but yes, it was a bad rib, especially when you're working for a company (like) Viacom.

Personally, I saw the gag as less being about sex and more about "gross-out" humour, like a Party Boy Jackass skit. The thought that it was something sexually provocative didn't really strike me as much as the "eww… that's gross" vibe. Perhaps this is because I just don't attribute so much power to something that I just see as a smelly, unsightly body part. Again, this is my perspective as a male.

Having said that, I know that's not how many people, Christy Hemme in particular, see it. I respect and sympathize with how violated she felt as a result and agree that just punishment should be dealt. And though I don't think Aries set out to be as malicious as many are making out, I do now agree that he was being shortsighted about how he would make a woman feel; a mistake I'm guilty of as well.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

For those of you Punchsport Podcast listeners wondering what the gently caress "CM Punk loves the 'loupe" is about :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEcLXdEBaJo

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wrestling Spirit 3 just came out, so I'd imagine once the real-world & DOTT mods come out for it that'll have at least one thread.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Are the VIP Cornette podcasts worth the $15 if I don't plan on listening to any Konnan stuff?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ch3cooh posted:

Lloyd from Calgary gave the best possible review of TLC on the LAW last night

:laffo: Awesome. I've gotta start listening to the LAW stuff again, especially now that I watch ROH and can understand who the gently caress they're talking about whenever the subject comes up.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Silas Young & Mark Briscoe had a pretty good strap match at Final Battle last month. It was more about the brawl than the touching of the corners, which is how it should be.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Good podcast, though I wish someone would do a recap of NXT

Two of the LAW guys do whtsNXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Don't skip the Monday call-in show this week. Be sure to listen to Greg from Rochester, 20:30 in.

Oh lord, I hesitate to even ask how my hometown embarrassed itself this time.

• Locked thread