Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Well Russia Today decided to send Nimrod Kamer to try and interview me today, which for some reason included doorstepping my mother and filming the house she was in. Guess they've moved on from just having a go at me on RT to harassing my family.

I had never heard of Russia Insider, but it looks like a wannabe Russian Fox News that was crowdfunded? But yeah...they come off a little unhinged/the type of cunts who will try to goad you into a fight on camera.

This Nimrod Kamer? (lol)

Mackers fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Runaktla posted:

Neat if Assad/Russia/Iran are negotiating a pretend attack against ISIS but instead both them and ISIS focus on rebels/Kurds then split up Syria between them.

no this will not happen. both iran and russia have serious geopolitical, strategic and ideological reasons to want to see ISIS gone

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

This is why there will be no massive attempt to stop russia and assad from defeating the rebels. From a geopolitical point of view, ISIS is a far bigger threat than Assad, and the rebels have unfortunately been hung out to dry. in 20 years, countries will be happy if ISIS was eventually neutered by Assad, Russia, the US, and the Kurds, and the fact that a bunch of rebels fighting for human rights were killed will be a footnote.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Russia is now claiming they have reason to believe that the US has not always struck terrorist targets, and they call upon the US to focus on ISIS. :v:

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
The BBC News front page is not very flattering to the US at the moment either. The main story is "Russia launches cruise missiles against ISIS" with "MSF demands war crimes probe" directly underneath.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

This one is interesting because clearly the guy is in the middle of the fighting what with the explosions happening behind him in the background as he fires the missile.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lid posted:

Is this where we talk about Eastern European mobsters have gotten their hands on nuclear materials and are shopping them to Islsmic State and other groups via Moldova?

Because Eastern European mobsters have gotten their hands on nuclear materials and are shopping them to Islsmic State and other groups via Moldova.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/nuclear-smugglers-shopping-arsenal-around-to-terrorists-20151007-gk34jd.html

That article really only proves that there are a lot of morons who don't know anything about nuclear weapons trying to make them.

Al-Saqr posted:

So I looked up a picture of Nimrod Kramer. he looks like a cartoon character of what a paid Russian underling would look like.

He looks like his name

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 7, 2015

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
With those kinds of losses the offensive better lead to significant advances or they might as well just call it quits now and fortify around the coast. Or Putin goes all in on the quagmire.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
From BM's twitter

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Mackers posted:

I had never heard of Russia Insider, but it looks like a wannabe Russian Fox News that was crowdfunded? But yeah...they come off a little unhinged/the type of cunts who will try to goad you into a fight on camera.

This Nimrod Kamer? (lol)

Hmmn, let me google Russia Insider, I wonder what-

http://russia-insider.com/en/military/where-will-isis-terrorists-try-hide-russia/ri10319

Oh.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Anosmoman posted:

With those kinds of losses the offensive better lead to significant advances or they might as well just call it quits now and fortify around the coast. Or Putin goes all in on the quagmire.

Someone said it best a few months ago, that all the Iranian and Russian support in the world isn't going to resurrect dead Alawite men.

Speaking of which, has anyone compiled an estimate of how much the SAA has lost since the war began?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

So I looked up a picture of Nimrod Kramer. he looks like a cartoon character of what a paid Russian underling would look like.

He looks like an extra from Borat.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He actually works for Russia Today, he just did this on SOHR, and I expect he planned to do the same with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kwd-8lJUhI

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

He actually works for Russia Today, he just did this on SOHR, and I expect he planned to do the same with me

"Satirist, Journalist, Comedian", not to mention mercenary ambush reporter. They attack SOHR as not being credible and send that loving guy? lmao

I'd expect something similar about you though, yes...don't give him ammunition for the love of god.

Edit: I honestly can't tell is this is intended to be comedy https://youtu.be/2Kwd-8lJUhI?t=69 but it had me laughing

Mackers fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 7, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Brown Moses posted:

what a piece of poo poo

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah I will call BS. Mostly its just that Americans don't want another Iraq.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

This is why there will be no massive attempt to stop russia and assad from defeating the rebels. From a geopolitical point of view, ISIS is a far bigger threat than Assad, and the rebels have unfortunately been hung out to dry. in 20 years, countries will be happy if ISIS was eventually neutered by Assad, Russia, the US, and the Kurds, and the fact that a bunch of rebels fighting for human rights were killed will be a footnote.

The sort of moderate, democratic types that we would ideally like ruling Syria never existed in sufficient numbers to have a chance at ruling/fighting the inevitable insurgency, even at the very beginning, and they especially don't exist now. Most of them are dead, have already fled the country, or have been sufficiently radicalized.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

KaptainKrunk posted:

The sort of moderate, democratic types that we would ideally like ruling Syria never existed in sufficient numbers to have a chance at ruling/fighting the inevitable insurgency, even at the very beginning, and they especially don't exist now. Most of them are dead, have already fled the country, or have been sufficiently radicalized.

Also, there was a concerted effort by assad to target and kill the secular democratic types, and also the gulf states made sure that the democratic types never got airtime on their channels or even a cent of cash, because a lot of them refused to be ordered around as clients. The initial makeup of the opposition who were allowed to receive money and media attention shut out anyone who didn't march to the orders of their financiers. In the end they either died off or escaped the country entirely.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 7, 2015

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

KaptainKrunk posted:

I can't imagine the US is too pleased with the nonkurd rebels anyway what with them blowing up our training program and making us look like idiots.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ImPureAwesome posted:

I can't imagine the US is too pleased with the nonkurd rebels anyway what with them blowing up our training program and making us look like idiots.

plus some of them attacking the YPG, essentially i think the US will just absorb the diplomatic hit from letting Russia run wild and then work with them to further hit ISIS and then claim victory in some manner

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Russia is openly asking for a global coalition and at this point the NATO and its local allies can refuse and look cynical and not actually interested in defeating the ISIS, or accept and look like the junior partner. Either way, Lavrov is clowning his American counterpart.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
I already posted this in the Eastern Europe thread but I don't know if someone has already mentioned it here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/aidrefugees?ref=hero

Kickstarter, along with USA x UNHRC have started a kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds to help the refugees from the Syrian conflict. This campaign is different from the others in that when you donate it collects the money immediatly, rather than the usual way which was at the end of the funding period, and Kickstarter is waiving it's usual fees for this time as well.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cippalippus posted:

Russia is openly asking for a global coalition and at this point the NATO and its local allies can refuse and look cynical and not actually interested in defeating the ISIS, or accept and look like the junior partner. Either way, Lavrov is clowning his American counterpart.

Russia can eat poo poo. No one is going to help prop up Assad.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Russia has asked the U.S. to identify non ISIS rebels and to point out their locations so that those areas can be excluded from bombing. The U.S. has refused.

So hilarious Russia. I don't think the U.S. could have trolled so hard in our situations. We're just too serious for that.

Edit: "“If there are some forces that also have weapons in their hands and are on the ground fighting, as the coalition says, with the Islamic State, and they should not be touched, then wonderful,” Ms. Zakharova said. “Give the list, give the call signs of these people. Tell us where are they located, explain why we shouldn’t be touched. Indeed, this information is not provided.”

Vladimir Putin fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 7, 2015

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cippalippus posted:

lavrov is legit a very clever politician, he routinely works evil magic with the monumentally shite hands putin keeps dealing him

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

In slightly better news, expect the UN to announce the Libyan peace settlement and the specifics of the unity government tonight.

Rukeli
May 10, 2014
How long until we can rename TOW missiles to the "Lavrov Cocktails"?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

lavrov is legit a very clever politician, he routinely works evil magic with the monumentally shite hands putin keeps dealing him

His performance during the whole Ukraine operation was spectacular. There are no Russian troops in Ukraine. Never!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

His performance during the whole Ukraine operation was spectacular. There are no Russian troops in Ukraine. Never!

Well yeah, those troops are in Russia now.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I've lost count now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGOlVWNPj_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqe3ueuVDa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJbre_bTc3w

12?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That first one was a hell of a shot.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

If I'm not mistaken, I recognize the first logo as being one the groups that make up the Southern Front FSA. Russians haven't been doing any bombing in the south far as we know? Are these supposed to be Russian forces getting their tanks blown up? I mean the SAA getting their tanks blown up is nothing new.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Randarkman posted:

If I'm not mistaken, I recognize the first logo as being one the groups that make up the Southern Front FSA. Russians haven't been doing any bombing in the south far as we know? Are these supposed to be Russian forces getting their tanks blown up? I mean the SAA getting their tanks blown up is nothing new.

All of these are supposedly from today in Hama.

From these tank tactics it's safe to say these aren't Russians.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Groups fighting in the area say 17 armoured vehicles were destroyed by ATGMs today.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
is a dozen or so armoured vehicles getting destroyed really a sign that the offensive is failing or stalling? Atgm losses are pretty much unavoidable in a modern war environment for anyone who doesn't have tanks covered in super secret impenetrable bullshit armor like the US does? Besides, now that Russia is getting blatantly involved, it's not like those lost tanks and ifvs are irreplaceable.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
Any territorial changes so far today? Seeing the usual pro-Assad bullshit about glourious defender of the people the SAA taking village after village with the NATO CIA Jewhadist rats fleeing before them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Liberal_L33t posted:

is a dozen or so armoured vehicles getting destroyed really a sign that the offensive is failing or stalling? Atgm losses are pretty much unavoidable in a modern war environment for anyone who doesn't have tanks covered in super secret impenetrable bullshit armor like the US does? Besides, now that Russia is getting blatantly involved, it's not like those lost tanks and ifvs are irreplaceable.

Except for the people in them and the training they had. Unless Russia has some form of magic they've held off using for the last 40 years, they will not be able to end the conflict quickly, if at all. It's about attrition, and continued losses of men and material increase the need for escalation by Russia.

Meanwhile, NATO should return/maintain the focus on Ukraine and eastern Europe and make Putin choose what area he wants to emphasize, or he risks being stretched thin.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I only watched a couple of those videos, but it seemed that the crew was able to exit them and run away?

Rukeli
May 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

I only watched a couple of those videos, but it seemed that the crew was able to exit them and run away?

Sometimes, though they are probably deafened forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Ayatollah Khamenei has banned all further negotiations with the US, including those relating to the resolution of the Syrian Crisis.

• Locked thread