Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I don't see how, with decent intelligence, dropping medical supplies, food, water and weapons to the people would be emasculating, though I do see how some would interpret it as western meddling. If they want international and humanitarian aid, enabling people to perform medical services (whatever they may now be) and defend themselves against the cretins that call themselves the Lybian army, seems like a decent thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Mustafa Abdel Galil, who resigned three days ago from his post as the country's justice minister, spoke to Al Jazeera at a meeting of tribal leaders and representatives of eastern Libya in the city of Al Baida.

He warned that Gaddafi has biological and chemical weapons, and will not hesitate to use them.

'We call on the international community and the UN to prevent Gaddafi from going on with his plans in Tripoli,' he said.

'At the end when he’s really pressured, he can do anything. I think Gaddafi will burn everything left behind him.'"

From the Al Jazeera live blog, how true this is i do not know, but I hope for the peoples sake this isn't the truth.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Narmi posted:

Just out of curiosity, has the Patriot Act been repealed yet? If not, is there any plan as to how long it'll stay around?

I...I don't understand. It's always been around, I hope you aren't having some unpleasant thoughts brother. It's not good, perhaps we can talk to a party committee about these thoughts and get you help.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Apology posted:

So Noam Chomsky knows about the playbook, and it's not just an Arab Dictator Playbook, but the US uses it too :tinfoil:

Welcome to the machine.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

From AJE:
"3am Al Jazeera's correspondents report that anti-government protesters are being given crash courses in how to operate guns and larger heavy weapons by serving and retired army officers, in a bid to prepare for any possible confrontation with Gaddafi's forces. The picture below shows a trainee learning how to use an anti-aircraft gun in Benghazi"

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, those are T-72s I think. 20 T-72s is going to be a tough nut to crack. If they have capable infantry support that's going to be fairly dangerous to the rebels.

Of course, urban combat is a great equalizer.

A few rolls of concertina wire or something similar is enough to stop tanks dead in their tracks for at least the time for the crew to untangle it from the drive wheels and treads. Creative use of the environment and materials at hand with decent teamwork would be enough to bring down the pro-government forces in an urban environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Sivias posted:

Who would we send sans a draft?

A few brigades of the 1st AD.

• Locked thread