Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

CeeJee posted:

Lybian troops were the last ones to defend Idi Amin and now African mercenaries are the last to defend Gadaffi. You could could not make this stuff up.

If it's actually true. Some of the reports, especially the ones that has women and children jumping off a bridge to escape the Africans have a very racist tone to them.

It would only be racist if African mercenaries were known for their humanitarianism at some previous point of time. But they are not even soldiers anymore, they're criminals at best and animals at worst, created by deplorable living and political conditions in that part of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?
A lot of people are going to die, but this is history in the making. A whole system of corrupt dictators is imploding on itself and it's a beautiful thing. I think people will remember this along the lines of the collapse of USSR and the independence the Eastern Blocks nations.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

Times posted:

At this point I really really really want the united nations to intervene. Please stop this massacre. Please!

Absolutely, but I think that it should be NATO that goes in. They are far more effective at military action, then after things calm down the UN can send in the Peace troopers.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?
There is no way his government will survive if officers are defecting with multimillion dollar military equipment. This is not just some grunts refusing to fire on protesters, 2 fighters jets and a military vessel defecting is a huge blow to him. Plus the hilarious gently caress you from Libyan diplomats abroad.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?
Yeah, but Iraq wasn't about oil at all. I wish it was because we would have something to show for it. We should never have allowed foreign companies to bid on developing Iraqi fields, and rather let Iraqis nationalize them and sell it only to us.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?
It's from Operation Cast Lead in Gaza.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

Brown Moses posted:

In Egypt news:

The opening of the crossing will make a massive difference to the Palestinian people in Gaza, and will hopefully remind Israel that things are changing quickly in the Middle East, and they need to revisit their traditional thinking on the Palestine issue.

This is good news, maintaining Gaza as a sieged area will do absolutely no good for anyone. But watch Israel annex the area of Egyptian border crossing and get away with it.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

Nonsense posted:

I was replying to you though, and only you, because you're a predator drone and your munitions are bad posts.

Also you're strange that you think wanting this war to end means something other than wanting a war to end.

With NATO help, rebels will win eventually. Ether way, Gaddafi will end up dead sooner or later. Payback is a bitch, maybe he shouldn't have killed Americans.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?
Yeah, but we have been bombing Saddam since the end of the first war, the actual invasion is what sparked all the opposition. While I'm sure the marines would be thrilled to take Tripoli, even the Republicans would be against any land operations because Obama is running the show.

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

shotgunbadger posted:

Right, again I wasn't saying this is literally that situation, I'm saying the concept of 'we HAD to fight them, for peace' is the core issue that feeds the war machine in this nation, and Libya's just another aspect of it.

It's less about peace and more about an opportunity to get rid of a fucker who was a mastermind behind various terrorists attacks that killed US Citizens. The fact that the opposition has the high moral ground makes this intervention as just as you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frackmire
Jan 26, 2010

WHY DO THEY
HATE US WHEN
WE'RE SO GOOD?

Nonsense posted:

Because this thread isn't and never was simply a twitter dump. There can be a range of discussion as well, even some that makes you feel uncomfortable!

I'm gonna have to agree with this guy, I'd rather have people link reliable bbc links that random twitter crap. This isn't a Nato command post.

• Locked thread