Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the hijab and the concept of modesty through dress predates Islam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Panzeh posted:

Regime soldiers are the only legitimate fighters, militiamen are totally illegitimate, a la Iraq.

This is a civil war that has gone on for four years. The lines are wayyy more blurry than that. By your logic, the SAA-aligned militias that have fought alongside and supplemented Assad's forces for quite some time now aren't legitimate fighters because they're technically not regime soldiers.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
So that unit basically lost all of its tanks in one day?

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

hypnorotic posted:

Overthrowing the Syrian government will result in the extermination of the entire Shia, Alawite, and Druze communities for being apostates, and the expulsion of the remaining Christians to Lebanon. Advocating on behalf of the jihadi rebels is essentially advocating for genocide.

I'm sure you're also willing to acknowledge that advocating on behalf of the Syrian government is literally, not essentially, advocating for genocide of the Sunni population. Since, you know, that's actually happening instead of being proposed as a hypothetical on an internet message board.

Throatwarbler posted:

Most of the Syrian army and militias are composed of Sunnis, which kind of make sense since 80%+ of the population are Sunnis. Assad's minister of defense is a Sunni. Liwa Al Quds, the largest Syrian pro-government militia, is composed of mostly Sunni Palestinians.

lol

tie-dye my titties fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 11, 2016

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Throatwarbler posted:

Has Bashar Assad been trying to literally genocide the Sunni population of Syria since he came to power in 2000? Or only since half the country was taken over by Sunni jihadists?

Ahhh yeah I figured you were this kind of troll. Thanks for blowing your load early, I appreciate it.

• Locked thread