Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
What's the current state of the Free Syrian Army, and who's been arming them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How much of an effect is there when we take out high-ranking members of a terrorist group? They just seem to find new guys for the #2 spot and they keep going.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm curious, does ISIS have any air capability whatsoever? Haven't they captured some air bases by now?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How did the Kurds get so factional? Wouldn't it make more sense for most of those smaller groups to merge together to fight ISIS?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What does ISIS publicly say about the Kurds? Like, what's their term for them? Obviously they can't call them "crusaders" or whatever since they're from the region. Plus the Kurds have been doing a great job of kicking their asses.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How did the Kurds get so good at warfare? Who were they fighting before all of this happened?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Once ISIS is defeated, the Kurds are going to be controlling a pretty broad swathe of territory that they won for themselves militarily. How are the future governments of Iraq and Syria going to cope with this? Is there a chance of an independent Kurdistan breaking off from both countries?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Sorry, but who is Fishmech and what did this person do to get a smilie based on themselves? It's been a bit hard to follow the conversation.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why would it matter to him if he's been outed? Did he think he'd be able to return to normal civilian life after all of this?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

To what extent do the Saudis monitor the population? Do they have a whole secret police service set up?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

ISIS is exactly the sort of group that should not be given a ceasefire, assuming that's real.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm curious: if someone is captured by ISIS, what happens if that person converts to their radical ideology? Do they still kill them anyway?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Didn't they grab that one guy to use as a journalist for propaganda purposes? What happened to him?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How does ISIS keep track of who is and isn't a member? Shouldn't they be full of spies by now?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If a prisoner converts to ISIS ideology, what sort of justification do they give in killing them? That they're faking it?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

So there's absolutely no way out if they catch you, is there?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why is there a prison right across the street from a stadium?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What does ISIS think of the Muslim Brotherhood?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

SISI backwards is ISIS. Coincidence?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Has Israel had any involvement in the regional conflict yet, or are they trying to ignore it?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is the alliance of Boko Haram and ISIS actually leading into anything or does it only exist on paper?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What do the Sunnis and Shiites think of the Ibadis?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

We have an enormous amount of empty space out west. Huge chunks of the Dakotas and Wyoming and Montana are just uninhabited. Assuming the refugees would be cool with it, what would be the harm in allowing entire ethnic groups to migrate over and have their own empty county or two?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How is ISIS still managing to lure over new recruits?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

That's unfortunate. What is the typical ISIS recruit like? I wouldn't imagine that they make every single one of them become a suicide bomber.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I meant that more along the lines of what they have them do and what the general strategy is with them.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Holy gently caress.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Spotted this on the front page of imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/rbabV

How much of this is bullshit?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Besides Russia's support of Assad, what other Cold War after-effects linger in the region?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why does ISIS constantly insist on using children to do horrible things?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Russia is friendly to Assad, so yes, they'll veto things.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Aren't they in a decline now, constantly losing territory and being bombed on a daily basis? What's their contingency plan for all of this, just disperse and go into hiding and hope not to get caught?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I think the worst possible place to establish a precedent of nuclear warfare is the Middle East.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Assad clearly doesn't control a huge portion of his country, but how does regime media present this? Do they pretend they still control the entire country?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How could ISIS possibly hope to stand up to the Israeli army, let alone any well-paid, well-equipped force?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Considering most people arrive in this city via airplane, that image probably isn't the best idea.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How directly responsible is Baghdadi for the rise and operation of ISIS so far? Like, if he had died when he was in US custody years ago, would we still have ISIS but with someone else at the helm? Can he be easily replaced right now if he was to suddenly blow up in an airstrike?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm curious, have the Baha'i been involved in any of the regional conflicts thus far? How are they viewed in the Middle East?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It's been a bit hard to find decent information on the status, presence, and activities of the Baha'i in the Middle East. A lot of articles just reflect on their rapid growth, geographic spread, and their core beliefs in very gushing terms, which creates a rather off-putting tone. Most of what I've seen about them online varies between reading like an indirect advertisement, or people having no idea who they are, with very little in-between. Like, I wasn't even aware they existed until I noticed that pretty much every single comparative religion website lists them as the fourth Abrahamic religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What have our special forces been doing on the ground in the region? I mean, I'd figure a lot of this would be very secretive, but what has been reported on?

• Locked thread