Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Yeah, about that intervention thingy, this just popped up on BBCnews

quote:

2047: One of the most active anti-Gaddafi tweeters, Libyan Dude, tweets: "Ok, more important than ever to say this I guess: We don't want foreign (and western) intervention, only condemnation and humanit. aid".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Lasagna posted:

I wish my country (Italy) would finally show some balls, and after asking consent of NATO and EU, step up and send a fat task force to kick those mercs in the balls and hang them high.
First to protect Lybians, tben to protect italians living and working there (which are many), and finally to protect our interests there and keep oil prices from jumping high

Shouldn't your skies be filled with Italian fighter planes? I've read that Italia has put its air bases on full alert and sending its planes south earlier today.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

AJE twitter:

quote:

AJELive Airstrikes now hitting Misratah, east of #Tripoli, as #Libyan tanks open fire in the Libyan city, says #AJArabic

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Gleaned from AJE twitters: Apparently Gaddafi's right hand man is on Al Jazeera Arabic RIGHT NOW trashing Gaddafi. :aaa:

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Ahahahahahaha, Ahmadinedschad blames US for uprisings in Tunesia, Egypt and Libya.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

XCPuff posted:

Source? I want to read this.

It was mentioned in the newsticker on Al Jazeera TV. Have not found an additional source yet.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Oh man, this is Iraqi propaganda minister time all over again:

quote:

RawyaRageh #Libya's Deputy FM on AJArabic: I called in to tell you about ur dismal coverage & tell u, you do not own the airwaves alone #Feb17
39 seconds ago · reply

RawyaRageh #Libya's DeputyFM calls in, asks to be on air on AJArabic. Presenter says: 'If u don't trust our coverage, why are you on air with us now?"
about 1 minute ago · reply

RawyaRageh AJA Presenter now on air trying to corner Deputy Libyan FM to allow Al Jazeera entry to cover #Libya events #Feb17 #Benghazi
2 minutes ago · reply

RawyaRageh Deputy Libyan FM AlGeaim to AJA - haven't heard of resignation of Justice Minister #Libya #Feb17 #Benghazi
3 minutes ago · reply

RawyaRageh Deputy Libyan FM Al Geaim denies presence of any African mercenaries in #Libya #Feb17 #Benghazi
4 minutes ago · reply

RawyaRageh Deputy Libyan Foreign Min. #AlJazeera inciting strife in #Libya. 'What do you gain from ur coverage? More employees?' #Feb17
5 minutes ago · reply

RawyaRageh Deputy Libyan Foreign Min. to AJArabic 'No massacres in #Benghazi' #Feb17 #Libya

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

This is amazing

quote:

RawyaRageh #Libya's deputy FM to AJArabic presenter: 'No, no. You are not allowed to mock me!" #Feb17 #Benghazi
53 seconds ago · reply

RawyaRageh AJArabic presenter to #Libya's deputy FM: 'How do we pass your test of professionalism, sir?" #Feb17 #Benghazi

RawyaRageh Khaled AlGaeim, #Libya's deputy FM, to AJArabic - if u change ur ways, u're welcome to come in to cover events in #Libya #Feb17 #Benghazi
2 minutes ago · reply

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

German news magazine DER SPIEGEL reports Libyan border guards are abandoning their posts according to "the Egyptian armys Facebook account".

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

farraday posted:

That's a great line, although I'm not sure I buy everything the expat is saying on AJE.

"OK? OK? OK? OK?" This guy is starting to piss me off. He's been going "OK, OK, OK" for hours now. No wait, that guy in Rome who was mortally afraid of speaking in front of a camera was worse.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

farraday posted:

Magic internet box... is the US Senate naming these things now?

"It's a series of tubes you connect to a phone...."

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Xandu posted:

Holy poo poo, CNN's Ben Wedeman is inside Libya right now. I wonder how he got in.

Well, considering the border to Egypt seems to no longer be staffed, I guess he just wandered in.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Cacatua posted:

This just in:

SultanAlQassemi: Al Jazeera anchor: Libyan State TV: Gaddafi will give a live interview from in front of his house.

Oh God, this is going to be insane.

They've been announcing that for 2 hours now. I hope he speeds up, I need to go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Holy hell.

AJ English:

quote:

RawyaRageh #Gaddafi says a few words - I'm in #Tripoli, not in Venezuela #Libya
30 seconds ago · reply

RawyaRageh Guest on AJArabic calls #Gaddafi's 10 second appearance a 'sham' #Libya

RawyaRageh #Gaddafi's appearance lasted JUST SECONDS -- appears as an attempt to display he is in #Tripoli

RawyaRageh #Gaddafi appears on state TV now holding umbrella standing outside car.. says inaudible stuff about Venezuela #Libya

• Locked thread