Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

empiricus posted:

What's Saif saying? CNN is showing boring footage of earlier today and I don't know what else to watch for decent news.

Normally I'd say watch Al Jazeera, but they aren't covering it right now.

Edit: Still seriously go to http://english.aljazeera.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Xandu posted:

AJE's been weird today. They spent a long time focusing on the hikers in Iran and seem to have barely covered Libya.

They're covering it now, though they have only mentioned Saif's speech in passing so far.

Edit: And as soon as I post they go to Somalia. Not that covering Somalia is inappropriate.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

IRQ posted:

They were way better than CNN/MSNBC while I was watching, but still cut away to regular programming documentary blocks and an extended thing about some rugby and cricket matches or something. I remember AJE being a lot better during the height of the Egypt revolts.

They kind of hosed up at the beginning of the Tunisian revolt too. It seems that sometimes AJE gets blindsided and it takes them a day or so to realize what earth shattering development they should follow. As I said, after covering Libya they cut to the famine in Somalia, which is hardly unimportant. While I would prefer they not cover sports events while fighting has broken out in an important national capitol, it can be hard to retool shows on a moments notice, especially after they've worked hard to get content. There's no excuse for CNN though. These days it seems they just grab their news off the internet.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Arkane posted:

CNN isn't even trying anymore

eta:

From @Reuters

Typical communists :argh:

Well at least CNN got a real Tripoli, instead of a fake one in Saudi Arabia, so in a way this is more than I expected from them.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Wiz posted:

Clearly this means that the rebels are coming to liberate Lebanon and Syria and CNN is the first to report this story.

I take it all back, it's all part of their master plan to report the news that no one saw coming.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Brown Moses posted:

Lizzie Phelan will be using this as evidence of a huge plot in her next report to Russia Today.

Somehow that makes this a lot less funny. Doesn't matter though, propagandists always find something to focus on.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Golbez posted:

:siren:

The question is whether Ghadafi was there or not.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Furious Mittens posted:

It seems to be the biggest "secure" area that is still held by the regime in Tripoli, so it may not be far off the mark.

If he's even in Tripoli. Still we'll find out soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Toplowtech posted:

What kind of fortress (specially one built by a paranoid blood thirsty dictator) doesn't feature a secret passage for "emergency" exit?

A bad one I guess.

Edit: It would be nice if they got him here though.

• Locked thread