Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Bookmarking this thread- going in for my wife's c-section tomorrow morning and I have no clue what I'm doing, as it's my first :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

SassySally posted:

Well, I think this is where I belong now. My husband and I got two positive tests last week and had an appointment on Monday. At this appointment we were told that we were 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I was pretty sure this was at least a bit off because of how crazy my cycles are... but I was really surprised when we got the sonogram today and all we had was a tiny dot inside a yolk sac. A dot too small to even measure. So now we have no clue. The doctor said to come back in two weeks and we'll do another sonogram to see if this dot is turning into a baby.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? My last period was in Nov. and the cycle before it was over 40 days... But I still think that this is really strange.

This is kind of how I found out my wife was pregnant. I was at home and she was at work, I get a text saying she's in the ER because her arm was numb and she almost passed out at work. I went to her right away and they did tests on her, come to find out she was about 4 weeks pregnant. It's hard for her to tell because she's only got one fallopian tube and her periods aren't typical every month.

Speaking of which, my very first born was born on Jan 16 and her name is Freya, and she's one of the best things to happen to me.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

A little derail, but I just had an experience changing Freya and oh my god I had no idea that much poop could fit into a baby that small.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Lyz posted:

Oh it gets worse. Chris is a very deceptive pooper, he'll have these big gassy explosions that only leave a tiny bit in the diaper, and the smallest little poots that leave poo poo smeared up his back. :cry:

Now I judge how much poop there is by how much the smell makes me gag. It gets pretty potent.

Yeah I know it's gonna get worse, as she was only born last Monday. Thankfully I'm not too repulsed by smells or anything like that, I was just surprised.

Count me in as another Wisconsin parent, there's basically gently caress-all to do in Appleton with a newborn in the winter.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

It finally happened. A month old and I have put Freya in her car seat just so it would be quiet for more than 30 seconds. There's no reason she should be crying but she's screaming her head off anyway. This is the worst part about newborns because there's literally nothing you can do to make them happy sometimes.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

I just don't want to get her in the habit of only falling asleep if she's going to be going on a car ride or something. Right now we don't have a thing to carry her on our chest or whatever, but it's something I'm looking at with my next check/tax return. She loved laying on my chest while I pat her back, usually she falls right asleep, but last night/this morning she wasn't going to have any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I'll have to take a look into any slings or something where I can wear her. Appreciate the help, I've never had a kid before, nor have I ever really babysit anybody so this is all 100% new to me.