Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

untitled
Jun 4, 2004

Feet!!! Not that I'm into that sort of thing....

Phooney posted:

My wife didn't get much sleep last night after I left the hospital because it seems Jake only likes to sleep while he is being cuddled. He seems to hate being swaddled and put down, and has so far struggled out of our and the midwives' best swaddling efforts and cried until he was picked up.

Ryan only slept on or very near me for the first three months or so. He hated being swaddled sometimes, sometimes it helped him sleep. I just kind of learned to roll with whatever was working at the moment.

He's much better now, but if he hasn't napped all day and keeps waking up when put in the crib, I'll just hold him. It's easier to give up an hour and hold him than deal with cranky and overtired baby fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

untitled
Jun 4, 2004

Lealoo posted:

I'm in the states, but this is kind of related. I had a friend that admitted to the delivery nurse that she smoked weed a couple times while she was pregnant, and ended up being investigated by CPS for a few months.

This exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. Totally freaked me out. I live in the states too.

untitled
Jun 4, 2004

dreamcatcherkwe posted:

Sometimes their latch is bad simply because their mouths are too small. I didn't have any pain at all with my first two kids. With Julia, it did hurt for a couple weeks but it got better quickly. I hope it gets better for you too.

This. I really believe that is a big part of the pain. And I had the same exact pain, Alistaircookie, for about a month, then it got better, now I am totally pain free. I thought for sure I'd wean at 3 months to formula and we are now headed to nine months nursing. I have no idea when we'll wean, it's just so much easier now.

It gets easier. It really does.

untitled
Jun 4, 2004

yawnie posted:

I'm also due in November - Currently 11 weeks pregnant.

Is anybody else suffering from crippling morning (and afternoon, and evening) sickness, and found a magic cure? I'm hoping the magic week 12 that everyone keeps telling me about will mean the end of my nausea. I've tried all of the obvious things (ginger, tea, saltines, eating frequently) and have 2 prescriptions from the doc but it rarely works.

It was about week 14 for me, nothing really helped much. It does end for most women, so hang in there. I had a miserable time with it, so you def. have my sympathy.