Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Well no wonder I couldn't find the thread, we have a new one.

I went ahead and ordered the snoogle pillow. I didn't like it that much. It squished up on my belly and likes to tuck up under my knees, and I like my feet supported. I tried it for a couple nights and went back to the regular body pillows.

It wasn't a total loss though, I traded it with a friend who recently gave birth for an obscene amount of maternity clothes. Score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Smoking isn't good for you or the baby.

That's why you should switch directly to injections.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
You know the flipping baby thing brought up a concern I had for a while. Do you HAVE to have a cesarean if the baby is breech? What if you refuse? My mom told me I came feet first and was born vaginally with no problem, so I don't know why it's such a big deal now.

Edit: I was her second child (first one came head first) if that matters at all.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Ahh I gotcha. I wouldn't want a breech baby delivered by someone who doesn't know how to do it, I ASSumed they taught that in medical school but it seems like it's being phased out.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.

fishandcandy posted:

Is this really true? I know a home birth is a lot cheaper than a hospital birth but I've never heard of this being the reason for a home birth.

It played a role in what we decided. Our insurance doesn't cover maternity because they just don't want to (fix THAT poo poo Obama) so we decided to go with a midwife in a birthing center ($4500ish) instead of an OB birth in a hospital ($12000ish).

BTW this is the best thing in the whole wide world and I want to marry it. Without that stupid top strap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.

LuckyDaemon posted:

Does anyone have a solution for round ligament pain? It hurts like hell in my lower belly getting up from a sitting or lying position, or lifting my leg to put my shoes on. My husband tried to give me a tummy rub but with no relief.

It IS round ligament pain, right? It feels like a very, very bad muscle ache, like my tummy was doing squats all day :ohdear:

A maternity belt. My round ligament pain just sucks and the belt helps quite a bit.