Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lenny Lowcut
Apr 30, 2009

That's right. I just washed my dishes using Windex. gently caress it. I haven't been home in a couple of days so I had the bright idea to make myself some delicious chili. I went to the local H.E Butts and procured myself some ground round, an onion, some Ranch Style Beans, some tomato sauce and about 5 different peppers. Vwhalla! Chili! Did I mention that I forgot detergent for my (dirty) dishes? More specifically, detergent to clean the only appropriately sized pot I own that is sized enough to cook up some delicious chili? WAIT! Now why the hell would I have a dirty pot sitting in my sink for a couple of days? Because I'm a lazy motherfucker that's why. So! Long story short- I proceeded to wash said pot with Windex. Boom-va-zaam! A pot decidedly shiny enough to make yon chili!

So my fellow goons, I decided to make a thread based upon the apparent mental efficiency I was able to muster using common household items to reach a goal that said common household items may not have been intended for but were nevertheless used to attain something O needed done, and fast. What's that? You are out of coffee filters? Ka-bam-shaplam! Toilet paper folded over a few times works perfectly!

Do it my friends- tell me what you have used around your house to do something that a particular product was never intended for but you used because, gently caress it, you needed something done and you needed it done NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

dont touch me frodo

You are going to die

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

me larvae long time

Uh wow. That sure is something special, OP.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beans don't go in chili.

Edit: Neither does ground beef. I'm not sure what type of stew you were making.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Dusseldorf posted:

Beans don't go in chili.

Beans are fine in chili.

But what the gently caress are "ranch-style" beans?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

fully restored

Why not just use soap?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 24, 2007

Lenny Lowcut posted:

So my fellow goons, I decided to make a thread based upon the apparent mental efficiency I was able to muster using common household items to reach a goal that said common household items may not have been intended for but were nevertheless used to attain something O needed done, and fast.
I just can't tell you how painful it was to read this sentence.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Ammonia and alcohol solvent-laced chili dyed blue really hits the spot.

Lord Solitare
Feb 9, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Post updates from the hospital.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

All-purpose kitchen cleaner gets tea stains off of my cups like a motherfucker. I'm done with using dish detergent and then scrubbing like crazy.

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!

And you registered just to post THIS?!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Dusseldorf posted:

Beans don't go in chili.

What kind of chili do you eat that has no beef?

ghetto wormhole
Sep 15, 2008

Dusseldorf posted:

Beans don't go in chili.

What the hell kind of chili are you eating?

EFB

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony

Lenny Lowcut posted:

chili w Beans

Beans are only a slight step above Windex as potential chili ingredients.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

What kind of chili do you eat that has no beef?

Beef is fine. Ground beef, however, is pretty terrible in chili.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Samurai Sanders posted:

All-purpose kitchen cleaner gets tea stains off of my cups like a motherfucker. I'm done with using dish detergent and then scrubbing like crazy.

I hear Windex works pretty well too. Just make sure you rinse the hell out of it before you use it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

You could have just scrubbed them with a sponge and then poured some boiling water on them to kind of disinfect them after you got all the food bits off them. This probably would have been better and safer for you than using Windex. You can in fact still do this.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

LogisticEarth posted:

Beans are fine in chili.

But what the gently caress are "ranch-style" beans?

I make sure that all the beans that I buy at the store have been range fed at a Texan ranch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ghetto wormhole posted:

What the hell kind of chili are you eating?

Ground beef gets you a bowl of sloppy joe. Cubed beef browned and simmered for a few hours gets you good chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002

maybe i'm just too demanding

I Hate You So Hard GBS