Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm trying to run a recent backup ISO on my 5.00 M33-6 but I'm getting this 80020148 error code after a few seconds of loading past the PSP logo.

I tried tinkering with the UMD/NO-UMD configurations, but solely changing those didn't seem to help much. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

It's in the OP, but thanks for posting, got me to check it out. Quite fun! Pretty groovy music, too.

EDIT: Though I'm pretty loving sure the boss room song is ripped from a Megaman game!
I put it in there after he mentioned it :ssh:

And yeah, the music is stolen from other games, I remember the creator of the PC version getting flak for that when he made a thread in this forum.

Revitalized posted:

So I'm trying to run a recent backup ISO on my 5.00 M33-6 but I'm getting this 80020148 error code after a few seconds of loading past the PSP logo.

I tried tinkering with the UMD/NO-UMD configurations, but solely changing those didn't seem to help much. Any ideas?
Do you have the most recent Prometheus patch installed? Also what game is it, one of us might own it and be able to confirm if it works on 5.00 M33 or not.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 1, 2011

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I pretty much ignored the entire homebrew thing since I have a 3000 and generally updated the firmware, so what's these signed homebrews? They don't need custom firmware that I could never install? They don't need the HENs which seemed like a pain in the rear end to get running and also still play games off of UMDs?

Does this mean I can finally emulate NES/SNES while leaving my UMD games intact?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Don't suppose there's a decent NeoGeo emulator for PSP, is there? I didn't see one in the OP but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

metallicaeg posted:

I pretty much ignored the entire homebrew thing since I have a 3000 and generally updated the firmware, so what's these signed homebrews? They don't need custom firmware that I could never install? They don't need the HENs which seemed like a pain in the rear end to get running and also still play games off of UMDs?

Does this mean I can finally emulate NES/SNES while leaving my UMD games intact?

They work for a lot of things, but I don't know if there are any signed SNES/NES emulators. The current HEN is really easy to use, though, since it CAN be signed, so you just run it and away you go into homebrew heaven.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

metallicaeg posted:

Yes, I'm doing it right now with a 3000. Just put the signed homebrew on your stick and run it like a normal game.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I tried that SNES emulator linked in the OP but the home button is bugged with it. I can use the home button to bring up the emulator menu the first time but after that it doesn't do anything and I have to hard reset to turn the thing off. I tried V4 of the emulator but it doesn't seem to work on PRO-B and I found an emulator called snes9xTY which didn't work at all.

So is there any decent SNES emulators that function properly on PRO-B or any other recent HENs?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

vkeios posted:

Do you have the most recent Prometheus patch installed? Also what game is it, one of us might own it and be able to confirm if it works on 5.00 M33 or not.

Last I fiddled with the CFW was ages ago, maybe a year or so. Basically I threw on the M33-6 and was done with it since it worked for everything I needed it to. I probably didn't install Prometheus because I was kind of a lazy bum and left most of the install files on my stick, like the 1.50 kernel addon, but I didn't see a Prometheus on the stick.

Anyways, I just tried installing it though, but it's giving me this:

quote:

PSP Fat 1000 detected....
Install...Copy file error (0x8001001c)! Install aborted.

I tried reformatting my memory stick but still no luck.

The game in question is very recent and of japanese origin (SD Gundam G Generation World) so I'm pretty sure no one here is able to try it :(

PS: Tactics Ogre seems to work though, and that's a fairly recent one no? I can't imagine it being a firmware level incompatibility, but then google tells me that's what the error code means.

Edit: Never mind, got it to work. There was a problem with the ISO itself.

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 1, 2011

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Did a little fiddling, and now I have Policenauts running. Long bus rides just got a little more bearable.

torra
Sep 9, 2005

You're entering a world of pain.

iastudent posted:

Don't suppose there's a decent NeoGeo emulator for PSP, is there? I didn't see one in the OP but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I use MVSPSP 2.3.1 for PSP slim. You should be able to find it on http://pspupdates.qj.net/

There's variants for CPS1, CPS2, and NEOGEO CDZ systems which should cover most other arcade games. Search for them on the same site. I just tested Garou and Last Blade 2 on my 5.50 Prometheus-4 CFW and both work fine.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Urgh so I guess while I reformatted the stick, something happened. I put my backup files back onto the PSP, but now Tactics Ogre can't load my save data. It returns an error saying the save is corrupted, yet it still looks okay in the save data folder. There's no "Corrupted" Icon. All I did was copy it to my computer, and then back to the stick.

Wipeout Pure seems to still read my age old save data fine.

Any ideas? Tactics games are not something I wanna start over.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm really new to this, just got my Pandora battery and MMS yesterday.

I'm running 5.00 firmware and I've got the SNES and Genesis emulators running. My problem is Nester. I put NesterJ in the GAME folder. I can actually pull the program up through the PSP crossbar, but for some reason I can't find the ROMs. I put them in the ROMS folder, they don't show up when NesterJ loads up. I've tried moving them to other folders, nothing.

Anyone else get this problem?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I got the signed SNES emulator from the Wololo link in the OP and the readme file details configuration options but I'm at a complete loss where to actually set those. When I load the emulator I can see the ROMs just fine but can't see anywhere to open any settings. I first fired up DKC and it was running like poo poo, so then I tried the SM all stars set and that ran lovely too.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

metallicaeg posted:

I got the signed SNES emulator from the Wololo link in the OP and the readme file details configuration options but I'm at a complete loss where to actually set those. When I load the emulator I can see the ROMs just fine but can't see anywhere to open any settings. I first fired up DKC and it was running like poo poo, so then I tried the SM all stars set and that ran lovely too.

Hit the home button while in game.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

metallicaeg posted:

Are you using SNES9X v0.02y32? If so press left on the analogue stick to open the emulator menu.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Megadyptes posted:

Are you using SNES9X v0.02y32? If so press left on the analogue stick to open the emulator menu.
Haha yes I finally found that after pressing everything. I can only really get games to run close to what they should when the clock rate is jacked to 333 and the video and sound speeds are set to 1.5.

Is this an issue with a slow memory card or does it simply run like garbage?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

riding gravity posted:

Nope. Gotta use a PS3.

This is from last page, but the latest version of the Motioninjoy drivers will allow you to sync your DualShock3 with your Go without a PS3.

riding gravity
May 7, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

Haha yes I finally found that after pressing everything. I can only really get games to run close to what they should when the clock rate is jacked to 333 and the video and sound speeds are set to 1.5.

Turning transparencies off generally helps, but may interfere with gameplay. Other than that, that's just a limitation of the hardware. A lot of games won't run full speed with transparencies on.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

metallicaeg posted:

It runs pretty lovely on my old 1000 series PSP as well. I think the emulator is just not that great. Euphoria seemed to run things pretty decently but the Home button bug is pretty annoying.

riding gravity
May 7, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

This is from last page, but the latest version of the Motioninjoy drivers will allow you to sync your DualShock3 with your Go without a PS3.

Nice find! There's a tutorial on their home page: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help/pspgo-ds3-pair

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Captain Novolin posted:

Did a little fiddling, and now I have Policenauts running. Long bus rides just got a little more bearable.
I hope you're using headphones, that game has great music & sounds.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here: I'm running 5.00 M33-6 and have installed Prometheus-4 for it, and Persona 3 Portable still tells me to update to 6.20. It does it with both the copy I bought off PSN and the copy I rented from Gamefly. Any ideas?

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I have a PSP fat on 6.30 firmware, could someone tell me how to install custom firmware because I am a total idiot?
If the info is already on the OP, I'm sorry but as I said I am a total idiot when it comes to PSP modding.

EDIT: Nevermind solved it myself. drat what a hassle that was.

Kikka fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 2, 2011

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So, is there a better program for organizing homebrew/etc than the one linked in the OP? It's very...barebones, and I had a windows app that would do it before that I really liked :(

Edit:
http://forums.psp-hacks.com/f118/release-psphbsorttool-v3-0-homebrew-organisation-use-with-t273649/

Yay, I apparently the new version works, which is nice.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 2, 2011

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

metallicaeg posted:

It took everything and more to run Super Nintendo games on a PSP back when there were only two choices for custom firmware (and they were basically 100% compatible with each other), and that built on FIFTEEN YEARS OF KNOWLEDGE (the SNES was a nightmare to emulate). Now there's better devices for emulation and a lot of the old coders left the scene over what else drama.

You'll find similar problems with GBA emulation, just less often.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
All i need now is a list of nostalgic PSX games I may or may not have played.

I've already added:

Tecmo's Deception
Kings Field I
Kings Field II
Xenogears
Jumping Flash
Parasite Eve 1
Parasite Eve 2

I feel like I played the poo poo out of that system when I bought it back in the 90's, and later when psx emulators became easy to play in HD.

Other good games I don't plan on playing on the PSP, but I enjoyed were:

Jumping Flash II
Suikoden
SaGa Frontier II
Gran Turismo (any)
Bushido Blade
Front Mission (any)
FF (any, but all are boring to play through)
Mechwarrior (any)
Metal Gear Solid

Anything I'm missing?

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 2, 2011

Hokasai
Jan 14, 2011
I've been seeing online "signed" PSP games. From what I've read, they seem to have a data cap on them, but they're becoming more and more available (for example, Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions fits into the data cap and I have the "signed" game).

Supposedly you can play it on OFW 6.31+. On my Psp Go with OFW 6.37, I placed the signed game (folder with the boot in it) into the PSP/GAME folder and booted it up.

When I go to the game section, I get a corrupted file instead. I've read through your OP and it sounds more and more that this is either spanking new or I hosed up with OFW.

I combed over PSP hacks and Wololo to no avail; no mention of signed games or problems running signed games. I saw that HBL is working on OFW 6.37, but it doesn't sound like that would help me.

Am I simply doing it wrong or was there an extra step in adding signed games to my PSP/GAME folder? Maybe I can't do it on the Go's internal memory and need a stick?

Any insight would be appreciated. For now, I'm enjoying P3P and having a a great time.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
It is brand new, but the demand is very limited. The ONLY point to signing PSP games beyond :filez: is the poor Go owner that updated to 6.37 and wants a UMD only game. So, basically you. :(

Just be patient. There have been SOME advancements for 6.37. Not much, but coders have gotten some things to run/install on it.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 2, 2011

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
2gig memory card not a good idea.

I used an ISO shrinker to take down the size of my only two UMD games, GTA: Chinatown and MHFU. Still ended up filling up my system with only a couple of emulators.

Question: I have both games in my ISO folder, but only one is showing up under the GAME menu (MH). Is there a limit on ISOs or did I maybe rip GTA wrong? Or something happened in the shrinking process?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Signing PSP games involves taking a demo header and putting into the game eboot, tricking your PSP into thinking its a demo. The largest demo is around 750 MB, so you're stuck with games smaller than that.

The tool itself has copyrighted material in it and there's not much point to it beyond :filez:, so I'm keeping it out of the OP.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

I don't have a psp yet, but I just want to check and make sure seeing as there seems to be some differences with the 1000, 2000, and 3000 models. It's really easy to find a 3000 model, and all I really want it for right now is playing my psx games while the girlfriend is using the tv already for netflix. Is it just a simple step-by-step as shown in the second post for every model?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Aqua Hamster posted:

I don't have a psp yet, but I just want to check and make sure seeing as there seems to be some differences with the 1000, 2000, and 3000 models. It's really easy to find a 3000 model, and all I really want it for right now is playing my psx games while the girlfriend is using the tv already for netflix. Is it just a simple step-by-step as shown in the second post for every model?

The only extra step is you have to use the HEN or the new CFW (which is really just a glorified HEN) in the OP to run it.

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Awesome, you've been a big help, I'll probably pick it up soon and if i need any more help I'll come back. Thanks!

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Has anyone else bothered with the 6.37-ME Dualboot CFW?

I installed it and have surprisingly had no issues doing what i previously did with GEN-D2 (didn't upgrade to GEN-D3 due to save file corruption issue) even though it is still in beta form.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

RemoteJoyLite rocks, I can finally record footage off my PSP :toot:. Now I just need a half-decent audio cable so I can get it onto my computer without destroying the quality.

At least I got this out of it so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlhZt-Nn_mY

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Thanks for reminding me about that program. I just got my PSP Go working with my Windows XP 64bit with that program. As you can imagine, that was a fun trip. Also, rumor has it a new 6.35PRO B2 should be released soon, adding more compatibility for plugins and better M2 support for PSP Gos!

vkeios
May 7, 2007

A couple of updates came out today.

6.20 HEN TN-D brings PSX support.
6.35 Pro-B2 brings better plugin support and some misc options like disabling analog sticks.

Also Neur0n's 6.35 and 6.37 CFW in recent updates, have added support for custom PSX games.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 5, 2011

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It's kinda annoying that these things never come with a *full* list of what they can do. I keep wondering whether i should upgrade my PSP 2000, but information about the new CFWs is so thin that i'm way too worried about losing existing functionality and/or a downgrade path back to 5.50 GEN-D3 Prom4 in case the new CFW turns out to be poo poo.

AllenR
Dec 5, 2007
Blerg

Mithaldu posted:

It's kinda annoying that these things never come with a *full* list of what they can do. I keep wondering whether i should upgrade my PSP 2000, but information about the new CFWs is so thin that i'm way too worried about losing existing functionality and/or a downgrade path back to 5.50 GEN-D3 Prom4 in case the new CFW turns out to be poo poo.

The only benefits would be being able to run more PSP demos (but not all the new ones) and what Sony has included with their actual firmware. Things like a comic viewer and built in video game sorting are included but other than that there's not much. I asked the psp-hacks forum about if it's worthy to upgrade from prom4 but someone basically told me to wait for the guys who did GEN to release their versions of 6.xx firmware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Hello, I'm running TN Homebrew on my old PSP 2000. However, I can't seem to use my Valyria Chornicles 2 DLC now, with the legit UMD. What should I do?

• Locked thread