Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Finlander posted:

I tried to install the 6.35 HEN on my PSP, which I updated to 6.35. First, it just threw me back into the home screen. Then, I tried it with UMD Auto-Chart and UMD Cache off. That just resulted in my PSP shutting off while loading the installer.

What do I do?

Edit: Well, it turns out it was supposed to send me back to the first screen.
OH, HOW SILLY I WAS

Ditch the HEN, use pro-B instead. It's basically the same thing, only you can use CFW plugins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Will these PRO CFWs work on PSP 1000s or does it just work for 2000+ ? I realize there isn't really much beyond 5.00 that is worth upgrading for as far as official PSP features.. but if I can get similar homebrew experience at a PRO level as I do at a 5.00 M33-6 level, I might as well try to upgrade.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
They work on ALL models PSP. The only downside is that it's not permanent yet.

AllenR
Dec 5, 2007
Blerg

Lord of Laughton posted:

Will these PRO CFWs work on PSP 1000s or does it just work for 2000+ ? I realize there isn't really much beyond 5.00 that is worth upgrading for as far as official PSP features.. but if I can get similar homebrew experience at a PRO level as I do at a 5.00 M33-6 level, I might as well try to upgrade.

As mentioned before, you may as well just upgrade to 5.50 Gen-D and install the Prometheus patch.

Can I recommend adding a temporary "If my [model] PSP is on CFW x.xx should I bother upgrading" with a recommendation under it to the FAQ until something major gets released for all models?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

On the one hand, I doubt anyone's going to add an ME631 firmware patch for the 5.xx CFWs at this point, and almost every game coming out will need it. On the other, 6.35 PRO doesn't have that problem.

You have to consider that there will probably never again be a universal boot-into-it CFW - the latest one (6.35/6.37) is 2000-only. Having to load a LCFW when you start up is no real hardship, however, and once they get the last few kinks worked out of 6.35 PRO, there won't really be a need for a true CFW.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I'd love to have a PSP GO with a functional CWCHEAT plugin for it. There's some fun as gently caress things you can do with that and the GTA games.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

fishmech posted:

I'd love to have a PSP GO with a functional CWCHEAT plugin for it. There's some fun as gently caress things you can do with that and the GTA games.

CWcheat's no longer in development. TempAR is compatible with its PSP cheat databases (but not the ones for PSX).

You'll need 6.20 TN-D or 6.35 PRO-B3 for it, and a Go that isn't on 6.37 yet.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

fishmech posted:

I have a PSP Go with a working CWCHEAT plugin. I'm on 6.20 TN-A, I should probably upgrade but I haven't had any reason to so far.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Ok so I just got a PSP GO with 6.30 on it and I want to run homebrew and self-made UMD backups on it and use CWCHEAT or the TempAR replacement.

What steps exactly do I follow from here? I'll still have my PSP-2000 around to rip UMDS on so I'm not particularly worrying about access to PSN.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
First update to 6.35. Then get both the installer and fast recovery from here: http://pro.coldbird.co.cc

Run the installer and install the HEN. You can delete this after it's done.
Anytime you reboot your PSP, you need to run the Fast recovery.

That's pretty much it! Drop your ISOS in the iso folder like you would on a regular PSP and have fun! Also, I highly recommend getting a M2 stick. It should be dirt cheap these days for a 16 gig stick (I got mine for 30 bucks with shipping and handling)

Any other questions, feel free to ask me :)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

RadicalR posted:

First update to 6.35. Then get both the installer and fast recovery from here: http://pro.coldbird.co.cc

Run the installer and install the HEN. You can delete this after it's done.
Anytime you reboot your PSP, you need to run the Fast recovery.

That's pretty much it! Drop your ISOS in the iso folder like you would on a regular PSP and have fun! Also, I highly recommend getting a M2 stick. It should be dirt cheap these days for a 16 gig stick (I got mine for 30 bucks with shipping and handling)

Any other questions, feel free to ask me :)

Alright thanks!

Moonside
Jan 27, 2006
mooonnnssiiddeee
Do PSX eboots work on 6.35 Pro-B3? I'm thinking of buying either a 3000 or a PSP GO to replace my old 1000.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah, but you should probably check a compatibility list for the games you plan on playing before spending the cash, since there's no popsloader plugin yet.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Also you may have to remake them if they came from anything other than PSX2PSP.

Moonside
Jan 27, 2006
mooonnnssiiddeee
Dragon Warrior 7 doesn't work, so I think I'll wait. Will a popsloader plugin be possible on a HEN?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Also you may have to remake them if they came from anything other than PSX2PSP.

Woah, so you're saying there's a 'better way' to make them than using impalerpsx?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I said MAY. If it's still fully playable, then stay the course.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Help needed! Need a loader for running stuff off my new 16 gig M2 Memory Stick instead of off the system's flash. Any advice on what to use program-wise? I'm on 6.35 HEN

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

redreader posted:

Woah, so you're saying there's a 'better way' to make them than using impalerpsx?

ImpalerPSX should definitely go in the OP, it's the only converter that's gotten Silent Bomber to work for me. I'm gonna try all the games that I've had issues with now! :dance:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My wife has a PSP fat that is still 5.03 and I'm trying to downgrade it to 5.00 M33-6 or whatever, I downloaded the Photo .TIFF exploit and it isn't working. Is it supposed to take more than 50 tries?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Help needed! Need a loader for running stuff off my new 16 gig M2 Memory Stick instead of off the system's flash. Any advice on what to use program-wise? I'm on 6.35 HEN
You mean for running isos? Prometheus Loader is the only one I know of that works on 6.35 HEN. But you should just update to Pro-B3 for its built-in iso loader.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My wife has a PSP fat that is still 5.03 and I'm trying to downgrade it to 5.00 M33-6 or whatever, I downloaded the Photo .TIFF exploit and it isn't working. Is it supposed to take more than 50 tries?
That sounds pretty normal for one of those tiff exploits. You might as well update to 6.20 (Not through the official update), run 6.20 HEN, and then use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to install CFW. Its more steps, but none of that will take 50 tries.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

vkeios posted:

You mean for running isos? Prometheus Loader is the only one I know of that works on 6.35 HEN. But you should just update to Pro-B3 for its built-in iso loader.

That sounds pretty normal for one of those tiff exploits. You might as well update to 6.20 (Not through the official update), run 6.20 HEN, and then use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to install CFW. Its more steps, but none of that will take 50 tries.
What do you mean by not official update :I is finding the 6.20 firmware online and placing that in updates not the right way or did you mean just don't click "update"?

If I can get it to work 100% I don't care how many steps it takes this is just irritating. I just want it to be an emulation machine, I have my own PSP for games, don't care about running ISOs.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah, grabing the 6.20 update from somewhere and putting it in PSP/Games/Update is fine.
Just wanted to make sure you didn't do the update option in the XMB, since that'll take it straight to 6.37.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
So there's no readme that I can see for Prom-4 for 5.00 M33-6... basically all I need to do it stick the folder in Game, run it from the memory stick, and then done? The system information is supposed to still read 5.00 M33-6, but still be able to play games up that require 6.37?

Also, I kind of want to reformat my psp.. basically go back to 1 or 1.5 and then reinstall up to 5.00 m33-6. Any useful links for that? Looks like I need to use Hellcat Recovery flasher to go back down to those firmwares and then work my way up through the firmwares till I'm back at 5?

Thanks!

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

:frogsiren:HOW TO SET UP REMOTE JOY LITE FOR DUMMIES:frogsiren:

This really isn't that hard, it's just got a lot of steps.

Step 1: Download this poo poo:
RemoteJoyLite files (right click -> save as)
6.35 PRO-B
6.35 PRO-B3

Unzip RemoteJoyLite.zip somewhere easy to find (you'll need it later), and keep the other files for the next step.

Step 2: Install 6.35 Pro-B2CFW
Make sure your PSP is at OFW (official Firmware) 6.35. You can check this by going into Settings -> System settings -> system information in the XMB. If it's below 6.35, update using one of these, depending on what PSP you have: Not a PSP Go or PSP Go.

[EDIT]I'm a little out of date in this section, but any of the PRO CFWs will work for this, just grab whatever works.

Got all that settled? Good. Now we get to installing CFW.

Plug in your PSP and go to PSP\GAME\

Go into that folder and unzip 6.35 PRO-B
Disconnect your PSP, go into Games -> Memory stick and run 6.35 PRO-B.

After it loads it will pop up a bunch of options, just mash X. Your PSP should appear to start as normal, but press select and you should see this:

If you can see this, everything worked fine. Restart your PSP, and plug it into your computer again.

Open the folder you just unzipped PRO-B to and place the PRO-B3 updater eboot in it. It should ask you if you want to overwrite the old one, click yes. Start it the same way as before, hit X a bunch again.

Step 3: Setting up your PSP
Make a folder on the root of the memory stick called seplugins, and put RemoteJoyLite.prx into this folder, and create a text document called "game" and put "ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1" (without the quotes) in it. It should look something like this:

Copy this text file and rename a copy to VSH.txt, you can also do this again for game150 and pops, but that's optional.

Your folder should now look like this (without AdhocToUSB.PRX, that's another can of worms):

Step 4: Setting up your PC

Unzip the contents of RemoteJoyLite.zip anywhere. You should see 3 folders: Driver32, Driver64 and RMJv.19.
RMJv.19 contains a bunch of files:

The one highlighted in red should be in the seplugins folder in the last step. the other files in this folder are used to run the PC end of Remote Joy Lite. Put them wherever you want, and make a desktop shortcut to RemoteJoyLite_EN if you're into that kind of thing.

This is where things get a little more complex. The process changes depending on what version of windows you have.

Vista/7
Open up the start menu and type "hdwwiz" and hit enter. This will open the Add Hardware Wizard. Turn to step 4a.

XP
Open your start menu, select Control Panel, then choose Add Hardware.

Step 4a: You have died, return to page 46.
Click Next, then select "Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended)"

It should ask you if you know what hardware model you want to install, click next. Select "Show All Devices", and click Next again.
You should see this:

Click "Have Disk...", select browse, then find where you unzipped the Driver32 and Driver64 folders. If you are on 32-bit, select the file from Driver32, or do the one in Driver64 if you are on 64-bit. Not sure what you have? If you're on XP, it's almost certainly 32-bit, or you wouldn't be asking this question. On vista/7 open your start menu and right click computer. It should tell you in the system section.

Note for Windows Vista/7 users:
OH NO! A window might pop up saying that the driver is not Digitally signed (Sorry I don't have a screenshot of this, it only shows up when you're installing the first time)
Click the button that lets it install anyway. You may need to enable unsigned drivers to run RemoteJoyLite. To do this, restart your computer and mash F8 like a motherfucker until a screen offering safe mode and other fun poo poo is shown.

Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and you're good to go. Note that this will put a little watermark on your desktop because Microsoft are Jerks.

Step 5: Give it a go
Start RemoteJoyLite_en.exe
Fire up CFW, (or if it's already loaded, press select and choose "reset VSH") and you should be good to go! Keep in mind audio doesn't transmit, so you're stuck with the PSP speakers/headphones.

A Real Happy Camper fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 22, 2012

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You get PSP audio on your computer with Remote Joy. You plug one end of an audio cable into the PSP, and the other end goes into your computer's Line-In port.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Captain Novolin posted:

Go to System-> System Settings and disable USB charge.

Why would you want to do this?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Lowclock posted:

Why would you want to do this?

If it's on it can cause RemoteJoyLite to not work sometimes. I was having some issues and that's what was suggested to fix it, so I threw it in just in case.

E: I looked back at what it was and it was a different USB charging option in an older version of 6.35 PRO-B, I'll update the guide.

A Real Happy Camper fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 20, 2011

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

vkeios posted:

Whoopsie-daisy. I meant I'm using Pro-B3, not HEN. Sorry. It'll load ISOs from the XMB but only off the ones in the system memory, not the ones off the memory stick. That's what I'm gunning for: Something that'll run the memory stick M2's files.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
So does 6.37 completely lock out CFW, or is there any way to save a system that has gotten that far? I got the PSP Go before there were any prospects for CFW on it, and I don't remember when it got updated, but apparently it did.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Demitri Omni posted:

So does 6.37 completely lock out CFW, or is there any way to save a system that has gotten that far? I got the PSP Go before there were any prospects for CFW on it, and I don't remember when it got updated, but apparently it did.

There's a HEN that lets you do some basic stuff, and there's always a bunch of signed homebrew.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Captain Novolin posted:

There's a HEN that lets you do some basic stuff, and there's always a bunch of signed homebrew.

But no downgrading or iso loading, right?

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
ISO loading figured out. All I had to do was put Prometheus on the Memory Stick instead of the system memory!

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Demitri Omni posted:

But no downgrading or iso loading, right?

As far as I know, no. Only signed homebrew/HENs.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So which is the better HEN? 6.2 or 6.35?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
6.35 PRO I personally think is better, but your mileage may vary.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Question JUST answered 5 posts above, ignore this - test.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Novolin posted:

Remote Joy Stuff

I followed all these instructions but no matter what I do, Remote Joy just sits at "waiting" on my computer and never displays any video. :(

Do I need a file called "Game150?" I have all the other ones and CWCheat works just fine via the game.txt thing...

EDIT: I do have 6.35 PRO-B2 instead of 3, but I don't see why that would be an issue.

Nephrite fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 20, 2011

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Pro 3 adds better plugin support, so that might be a reason it's failing.
Also, Game150.txt is useless on any PSP that cannot support the 1.5 kernel. So, forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Nevermind.

sex shop clearance rack fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 20, 2011

• Locked thread