Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I was given a beat up old PSP-1000 with some scratches, the eject button is missing (I can use a jeweler's screwdriver to manipulate the ejector though), and the charger is completely pet-mangled (but still works somehow). Since it thankfully had 6.20 OFW on it, I was able to put on 6.20 TN-D HEN and work in 5.50 GEN-D3 /w Prometheus-4 thanks to the help in this thread

I was able to rip my copy of Xenogears and put it on the PSP without issue and it seems to play fine.

I am interested in RemoteJoyLite as there are a couple titles I would like to play on a big screen TV.

I assume I don't need to install 6.35 PRO-B/6.35 PRO-B3 since I am using a CFW already, is that correct?

Also, I know this can probably go in the general PSP thread, but how fast is a Duo Pro card? If I get a microSD -> Duo Pro adapter, how fast should the MicroSD card be? Should I just get a bigger Duo Pro stick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I'd suggest getting a Photofast stick and filling it with 2 micro SD cards, its going to be substantially cheaper than getting a bigass memory stick. You could probably get up to 32GB for $50 or so.

edit: one of these

Ah, that's pretty cool, didn't know you could fit 2 microSDs in a Pro Duo. I assume that as long as you format it from the PSP and do USB Drive access from the PSP, it doesn't matter if there's two separate cards in, huh?

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

remotejoylite procedure

Followed this and it seems to work OK, only issue was that popstation stuff didn't work. I bet its probably a firmware issue or something.

EDIT: I don't know if this helps, but calling the new hardware wizard from an elevated command prompt (run cmd.exe as administrator) prevents any driver signing malarkey

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

vkeios posted:

You remember how you set up a game.txt with "ms0:/seplugins/remotejoylite.prx 1" in it? Do the same but with a text document called pops.txt

Edit: oh yeah, try "flash0:/kd/usb.prx 1" at the top of your pops.txt.

Yeah I actually did make the copies, but I assumed that in pops the stick was seen differently, but I was unsure what to do. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it when I have a chance.

• Locked thread