Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emtoor
Feb 11, 2010
Hello fellow NY goons

My girlfriend and I are flying out there for Dec. 28 - Jan. 03 to meet up with some of her friends and mine for a birthday.

Was wondering if there are any fun activities going on for New Years that won't break the bank? Obviously seeing the ball drop will be on our todo list. Maybe looking for a lively chain of bars to hop around to since we both just turned 21. I checked to see about getting SNL tickets but that just seems out of the question now. Maybe a broadway?? Never seen one.

Also! Cheap fashion?!? I know it's ironic but I'd love to go shopping for some clothes without buying $200 t-shirts. Does this exist anywhere in the fashion capital?

Thanks to the thread already I have a pretty nice list of Museums and restaurants to visit! We also plan to go ice skating in Central park!

Any help appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emtoor
Feb 11, 2010

cheese eats mouse posted:

I don't have archives so can I bump for things to do around New Year's Eve? Is it worth the headache to go to Times Square for the ball drop? It's sort of a bucket list thing for my boyfriend and I. We're staying with my cousin in Manhattan and cooking meals at her place, bringing our own booze/pre-gaming, and taking Megabus so we're doing this cheap. The boyfriend will have about $200-300 and I will have about $400-500. Not much, but we'll probably end up staying most nights in since we're not big bar/club people (will probably be too tired to walk anywhere at night anyway).

Does Central Park get a special treatment around Christmas or if someone could recommend a park for a great light show? Will definitely be visiting the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza.

I'm thinking a live indie show for one night as we both love underground music, and we're art museum and general museum junkies. MOMA is on the list. Also do the nerdy/touristy things like a visit to the giant toy stores and mega stores.

I'll be going with more to spend so I'm looking for consignment stores to shop for used designer clothing. Oh and sweet, sweet record stores. It's looking like Dec 28/29-Jan 3/4 for our time span there.

You drat near described my exact situation. My girlfriend and I are staying at a friends in Brooklyn Dec/29 - Jan 4

Looking for record shops and would like to see some live performance that doesn't break the bank. We are for sure going to MOMA and Kiddingaround toy store. I know my gf is gonna wanna shop for some cheap designer clothes as well so this should be fun ><

Also ice skating in Central Park would be ideal!

• Locked thread