Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exergy
Jul 21, 2011

Hello New Yorkers!

I am considering visiting NY for first time, for ~3 nights around Christmas with my wife and have couple of questions and need some recommendations:
1. Worth going there for Christmas at all - will everything be closed?
2. What to do in general - i.e. just roam around the city, or focus on visiting theaters, museums?
3. Any particular must-see during this time?
4. We will probably stay on Manhattan, so we don't need car I assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exergy
Jul 21, 2011

Perhaps an unusual question for this thread - what is the good place to buy good ski jackets/pants in NY? We will be staying in Manhattan.

Exergy
Jul 21, 2011

brijacked posted:

REI is what I'd suggest - http://www.yelp.com/biz/rei-manhattan

Great, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Exergy
Jul 21, 2011

I was in NY for three days on Christmas. Your advices, guys, were great. Thank you. I really enjoyed the city.

As for $75 - from my experience it is very feasible. You can always go to any deli buffet or some snack shack and have good amount of reasonable quality food for $14-20 pp.

• Locked thread