Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Thanks to the thread contributors so far.

I'm planning on a visit to New York in November for a week. I'd like to spend around $70-$100 per night on accommodation, budget hotel type thing would be better rather than Hostel, as I've done a lot of that in the past and would prefer to avoid sharing with 18-21 year olds if I can. Anyone have some suggestions?

Things I'd like to to include - eat lots of great food, drink lots of great artisan beers, see central park, empire state, high line, and museum of natural history. Anyone have some November specific activities I should do?7

I'd also like to see a baseball game, but I have no idea of the rules etc, would that impact on my enjoyment as I'd be by myself I'd have no-one to explain what's going on (I'm a brit).

Anything I've missed off or shouldn't do? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Hello NY thread!

I just spent an amazing week in NYC. It was my first trip (of many I hope) and I stayed at Hotel Azure which is on Canal and Lafayette street in China Town. It was a great place for me, right in the action and right next to the subway so I could be anywhere in the city within minutes.

My highlights were the Empire State building. The views really are amazing and I hit it about half past ten on a Thursday morning so my queue was only about half an hour.

Riding on the subway, while I'm sure gets old for people living there, is fun and a really convenient way to get around for those of us that are just visiting. Plus there are some great buskers on the subway.

I took a trip to the Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn too which was kind of cool, lots of old head stones, some for people that died in the Civil War, plus has good views of the Manhattan sky line.

The Spotted Pig in Greenwich Village has an awesome burger and super friendly service. I had to wait 45 mins for my burger (about 2pm on a Friday or Saturday), but the bar guy was really friendly and willing to shoot the poo poo, he even bought me a beer.

Apart from that, as has already been said in this thread, just wondering around is so cool. There is so much stuff to see and experience. I spent a week there but I could easily have spent two had I enough money and time!

Have a great time everyone!

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
I think you'll probably get better answers in this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032497&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 plus someone there will probably show you around, quite a lot of those guys meet up weekly.

• Locked thread