Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Trying to stay in NYC Manhattan on Friday night.

If we want something that is fairly good "luxury for the dollar" how is the Waldorf Astoria? With my Hilton members card I can get $280 for the single night stay there. My wife likes the idea of the decorations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
You go to Philly for cheesesteaks. Actually I think the general eastern PA variety of cheesesteak is superior....

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I always flew JetBlue for the awesome snacks and free bags. Also the JetBlue terminal at JFK is surprisingly comfy.

Honestly it's a short flight. Whatever is cheapest.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
USS Intrepid museum

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Just got back from NYC. I can confirm that the dim sum at Jade in Flushing is indeed quite good.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

ole_bjorne posted:

Hello New Yorkers!

I am considering visiting NY for first time, for ~3 nights around Christmas with my wife and have couple of questions and need some recommendations:
1. Worth going there for Christmas at all - will everything be closed?
2. What to do in general - i.e. just roam around the city, or focus on visiting theaters, museums?
3. Any particular must-see during this time?
4. We will probably stay on Manhattan, so we don't need car I assume

It's tourist season. No way in hell people are going to be closed unless it's literally Christmas Eve.

I personally think Flushing's Chinatown (take the 7 "purple" train up into Queens) is one of the better Chinatowns in the country and is very worth seeing. Bring cash (no credit cards) and an appetite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Does anyone have any recommendations for German food near Midtown? I'm quite taken with the idea of the brauhaus

• Locked thread