Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in my heart it will always be 1992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

that portion control sound that only existed and only could exist in the extremely early 80s

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man, remember when the whole world was so industrial that even guns 'n' f'n' roses were industrial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLxUrMb8rFU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so which forum did he mod?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

industrial died the day the first access virus rolled off the assembly line

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*begins hard wave primitive industrial project constructing elaborate mechanical drum machines powered by water wheels*

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol I ripped a copy of that cd that I checked out from the public library

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

was her first album I wish everyday were halloween?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

given the whole church of the process connection, an operation monarch popstar is, indeed, industrial as gently caress

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I have recently discovered that I love manchego and a bottle of wine. being lactose intolerant is really making some of these lifestyle choices difficult

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man prick is so good. he didn't get super super famous because he looks like weird al, right?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's going up against devo's automodown for lyrical subject matter which is an uphill battle

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I tend to think of industrial as being inherently political music.

"the fool does everything backwards so that, by juxtaposition, what is lasting and objective is revealed in contrast with what is subjective, indifferent and ephemeral"

that p' much seems to describe throbbing gristle's musical transgressions, einstürzende neubauten's musical deconstruction, the not always ironic obsession with fascism in the genre, and sharkbait's dr. demento grade lyrics over scrapyard poundings.

can't say I really pay close attention the lyrics on the post goettel/ogilvie puppy albums, but I would imagine an album titled the greater wrong of the right has some political content. the video for criminal age certainly does

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

eternal september and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

jeeves, is boyd rice a real nazi or an ironic nazi?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

has anyone used goatse for their aggrotech album cover yet?

also, what is aggrotech? is that the word for the invader zim access virus stuff that dominated the early 2000s and all sounded exactly the same?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oh. I like hocico, but yeah, them and suicide commando and combichrist were the bands I was thinking of so the word means exactly what I though it meant

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I guess leaether strip is aggrotech too

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so like what prompted the shift in clock dva going from post punk or whatever to proto trance?

hatelull posted:

Not necessarily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKiKBZjCDqk&t=1118s

this compilation was not good.

lol, the ddt cover of vouge. I thought I was the only one who'd ever heard of that.

I should put that album on, there's not much microtonal industrial and it def has that early '90's sound. too bad elaine walker's a chud

The Voice of Labor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 26, 2022

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I've been listening to leaether strip since I was a teen and it wasn't until listening to the puppy cover albums that it dawned on me that klaus is a pretty good musician. his tdp era covers left me flat, but being able to figure out the drum/bass/sample structure and then to interpret it into leaether strip melodic style impressed me

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I like the cover of dig it because he sings the chorus for down in it during it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mythmaker is such a bad album. magnifishit is the only song other than ambiantz I can tolerate.

it's better to be the worst skinny puppy song on a good skinny puppy album than it is to be the best song on a bad skinny puppy album

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I like that ken marshall posts exactly how he talks

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

does that mean vince clark is going to rejoin?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

my most beloved unrequited love got me into wild zero. please shout rock 'n' roll if given the opportunity

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what did the local industrial bands sound like when you were growing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a4zhLtdRdI

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

portland had 16volt. denver had a bunch. bay area had a bunch. british columbia had a bunch. there's got to be a garage tier angry leather jacket and mirrored aviators dude from seattle who had a drum machine and a sampler and single album released on cleopatra records

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

come for the wounded knee presentation. stay for a most of the gwotr era skinny puppy ambient music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkDrTVkM74&t=930s

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

why are there so many covers of warm leatherette?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

while these theories are not entirely without merit, I think the deciding factor is that it's an easy song to cover. 4 notes, 1 beat

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dang 40 years of puppy and they were only really a thing for the first 10 of those 40 years. they're like the moody blues of industrial

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tickets are kind of expensive. I don't think I've ever been there but I think I remember the portland thread saying that the crystal ballroom is not a good venue

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mr. bungle is playing the week after. if I had unlimited funds I could go see both the bands I've seen a few times one last time

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

statiqbloom is the only act I can think of that even dipped their toes in the tdp/lr waters

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

old bands need the money so they can build their environmental/societal collapse bunkers

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

like half of denver has been in vac at some point in time. buddy of mine from community college IT classes was a founding member. I can't remember whether it was an amiga piracy circle or an atari st piracy circle but that band was founded on warez

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

come, join us in the make music with synthesizers thread. the theme is nostalgia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019517&pagenumber=6

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you can avoid a lot of sex pest/racist/dirtbag cancel anxiety by just listening to cevin key's output

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

our preferred genre of music is so dead that the past two pages have been about a rapey genre-adjacent dude. not a new album or even a rapey genre dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

they'll come back as reddit and twitter implode. everyone will, it will be a singularity of posting, a big black nemesis, a parthenogenesis