Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The new ohGr is pretty loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

hatelull posted:

This won't apply to most of you, but if you're on the West Coast I highly recommend trying to make one of these dates:

ohGr live does NOT disappoint, and this tour should be worth it if only for seeing "Pissage" and "Comedown" live. He tours with William Morrison, Justin Bennett(live Puppy drummer), and Squigg.

I'm making a rock n' roll one night flight to Denver to see them play.

Is he just doing the west coast? I've seen Skinny Puppy three times but I'd definitely go see Ohgr in Chicago.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm digging the new Blutengel as well.

I couldn't event get through the first song on Kunst. Ironic isn't it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

Just noticed that Dependence 2013 apparently came out August 30 ... with new Seabound on it. I don't see it for sale anywhere but their own store though, and not on Rdio.

edit: live version on YouTube at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHI63_wylGw

Not sure if that's the best version, just a quick search at work.

Still waiting on a Radioaktivists album from the last Dependence. I liked Pieces of Me way more than any recent Seabound.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Voice sounds great dude. Good job!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Speaking of Laibach- Spectre is pretty loving good isn't it?

I only saw them once. It was for the Jesus Christ Superstars tour in a little art gallery outside of Detroit. I think there were maybe 100 people there. It was both awesome and sad.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Played the first track, heard "Hello Teenage America" and rolled my eyes.

I dunno, sounds the same as the last several to me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

I still enjoyed the Tim Skold phase, but it died for me when the band line-up stabilized.

Same, last good album for me was Symbols.

Edit - I guess Skold was around after that but whatever.

poo poo, I forgot about some good stuff on Adios like Full Worm Garden.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 15, 2014

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I used to wear a green plaid sports coat with my docs in high school to emulate 90's Chicago era Chris Connelly and crew. God, what a poo poo I was.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

hatelull posted:

It seems like they would bring him out to jam on an "Icebreaker" or The Choke" encore, but maybe it's not that kind of tour.

I'm kind of glad they didn't because I would be super jealous then :)

I've seen FLA and Skinny Puppy a few times (FLA was my first show when I was ...15 I think. Tactical Neural Implant tour) and I thought I was pretty much done but this tour got super intriguing with the addition of FLA.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Weapon is the best post-comeback album imo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Yes

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Too bad they're ignoring Florida :(

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

edit: Seabound this week!

Speaking of Seabound, it appears a lot of their stuff was removed from Spotify for some reason. Also I just discovered Edge of Dawn last week and it's fantastic.

Awwww poo poo Seabound and Architect will be in Tampa April 10.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 23, 2015

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I listened to that song many dozens of times when I heard it on the Dependence compilation a couple of years ago. Sad there was never a follow up. Fantastic, fantastic song.

That compilation turned me on to Informatik who I also like quite a bit now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have a soft spot for Naïve and Money. The Money tour was one of my first industrial shows. They were released during what was, in my opinion, the golden age of industrial and probably the height of the industrial scene in Chicago. Good memories.

All that said I think Nihil is their best album.

poo poo, I just realized I've seen KMFDM three times and I think the first must have been Naïve. gently caress, I'm old.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 31, 2015

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Also I'm probably the only person who actually likes Adios, an album that has literally three good songs out of ten (Adios, D.I.Y and That's All). But that is because the good songs are so good that I kind of forget how lame the rest of the album is.

You forgot Full Worm Garden which is the best song (fact)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
teethgrinder, how was Seabound?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Architect/Seabound TONIGHT. Anyone in Tampa going? Going to assume no.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I either said hi to Daniel Myer outside the club or just some dude. Not sure.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So ien oblique. I didn't know much about them but there is something off with his vocal tone compared to the music. He has a decent voice but it's off putting.

Yes I am live posting from a show. My wife hates this poo poo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Daniel Myer has just commanded us to dance. More to follow.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Architect was pretty good. I felt kind of bad that the crowd wasn't really into it but I guess that's the fate of many opening acts. Seabound was great and my wife had to drive home due to copious beer consumption. The drumming seemed kind of weird in that the drum mix clearly over powered anything he was doing so it was kind of lost. Overall good show, highly recommended.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I want it

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

OK Front 242 is loving incredible live

I only saw them at the Wax Trax anniversary show years ago but they were pretty good. Also was awesome to see Richard 23 on vocals for No Devotion.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Been listening to the new Ashbury Heights for a week now. Best one yet in my opinion. He's getting better every album.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

What an odd tour schedule

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Finally listening to Dead When I Foung Her's new album. Really really cool, and what a surprising but also completely logical evolution of this dude's sound! It's just... such a delightfully organic, natural and creepy sound that isn't just harsh or heavy only for the sake of being harsh or heavy.

edit: gently caress this is a good album :argh:

This is just so dense and intricate and soundtrack-like and god drat, it's good. Actually it partly reminds me of Front Line Assembly's more atmospheric (and my favorite) works, like AirMech and Civilization, especially stuff like Threadbare

Yeah, The Bottom and All the Way Down are really super good. Perfect blend of FLA and Skinny Puppy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ms. Happiness posted:

VNV Nation 20 year concert series announced. http://www.anachronsounds.de/webfiles/live.htm

Eeeee so excited!

I'm actually not a huge fan VNV but they're coming to St. Pete so I kinda feel like I should go.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Revolting Cocks are doing six dates with their 2011 WaxTrax! 30th anniversary lineup: Richard23, Chris Connelly, Luc Van Acker, Paul Barker. I was at that show and it was a ton of fun. I'll be at the Tampa show.

http://www.side-line.com/ex-revolting-cocks-members-reunite-for-6-usa-dates-as-the-cocks/

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
When the hell are we getting a Radioaktivists album?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wait a minute here. You all are telling me Watts is touring as Pig with En Esch and Schulz and Juke Joint Jezebel is on the set list?

Fuuck and I missed it. Never even heard of the Crowbar in Tampa

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 3, 2016

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
New Dead When I Found Her up on Spotify.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The new Covenant -is- pretty good and I'm actually not a fan of them usually.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think Up Evil is one the best 242 albums but never got into Evil Off very much.

The remix album Mut@ge Mix@ge is definitely worth checking out too.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 19, 2016

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

At least half those mentioned bands post here! Hope there's Dead When I Found Her too.

Do you mean like

5 Dead When I Found Her - Kill to Cure

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
gently caress, I missed Delerium chat.

(Delerium is awesome, and besides for paying for Leeb's porsche, I'll tell you why. When I'm sober)

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 23, 2017

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The latest Tear Garden has been blowing my mind.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
As in, for maybe 4 or 5 hours straight. Eye Spy Vol.2 and Brown Acid Caveat are both amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Imagine cevin key teaming up with Seabound.