Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
if goons have a spiritual representative in the malazan books it's Hedge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ganoes fucks too much to be a goon

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's a fair point actually, conceded

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
um kruppe is clearly FYAD

hannan mosag is D&D

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

boba fetacheese posted:

I just finished my re-read of Malazan, and my Black Company copies are dog earred. Got a vacation coming up and no idea what to read. Tried the Powder Mage trilogy and meh. What else can scratch the itch?

If you can find any of David Gemmell's output, I can't recommend Legend, Echoes of the Great Song or Dark Moon too highly. All stand-alone novels, though Legend has sequels. Just, be prepared to cry. Gemmell's work was as beautiful and merciless as the Chain of Dogs.

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 8, 2019

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not sure how i feel about kuru qan. on the one hand he's obviously a very pleasant and likable absent-minded professor type in person. on the other hand his day job is to orchestrate the sorcerous annihilation of whole communities when Lether's mundane appendages of exploitation and destruction prove inadequate to devouring the next neighboring society. his grand solution to the Crippled God-backed Edur invasion is to gin up a stupendous spell that will...exterminate every Edur in Letheras. I know the Holds are meant to be raw and blunt but it just seems heavy-handed. I mean, maybe that's Erickson's point with him; this affable genius's tremendous talents have been turned to nothing but brutal genocide by the requirements of his society. I'm not sure I can quite like him though, on reflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

COOL CORN posted:

That's good to know. I've been spending way too much thought trying to remember who's on the council and why the gently caress I should care about Turban Orr, etc.

that noble girl Croakus was horny for is more important than Turban Orr