Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
Anybody familiar with the Army College Fund, specifically how a lot of people seem to be getting dicked out of it? More details at this link:

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?1563052-Army-College-Fund&s=d038f55a917e8af2d93e1971f6c0eedf

I am about to ETS and I should receive the ACF, but I grow more and more concerned the more I find out about it. I have a friend who is getting out and she is in the same situation as me. The VA is asking for her 3286-66 which is in neither her OMPF or her initial enlistment. I have yet to receive that request from the VA, but I do not have a copy of my 3286-66 either.

Jesus H Nyce fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Austin Powers posted:

My dad got 100% disability approved recently, and he told me I can receive a monthly check of about $900 since I'm in college and dependent. Something about Chapter 35. Is this retroactive? He started filing in 2010 which was also when I started college, and this covers you for about 45 months.

How do I claim this and what do I do to get the monthly stipends? Thanks in advance.

I went to college under this same program before I went into the service so I am familiar with it. All I had to do on my end was go to see the VA rep at my school and fill out paperwork about myself as well as my father. Once everything was in the system (which can be quite a chore), I was able to sign up for classes, have them paid for, then receive my monthly stipend within the first month of starting the whole process. You just have to continuously ask sometimes to get everything pushed through so don't worry about pestering the VA rep as well as the VA itself (as long as you do it respectfully). I am pretty sure that it is not retroactive, but I could be wrong.

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
I am wondering if anyone is familiar with gettiing aid or benefits for spouses of deceased service members. Reason being my grandmother is in need of additional care due to her development of Alzeimers and some nurses at her home recommend checking with the VA since she could be eligible. I am not sure where to start so i figured I would ask here. My grandfather served in the Navy and was in the Korean War and died of a heart attack at a rather young age. Where would I start as I know one thing I need to do is locate his discharge paperwork.

• Locked thread