Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Can any of you VA gurus shed some light on this form for me? http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/21-8951-2.pdf

I just got one in the mail today and it looks like they want to take money from me. I understand that you can't get military pay and VA comp at the same time but my last day of terminal leave and army money was April 27th 2010 and my VA comp kicked in on the 28th. I was still in the IRR until mid June but didn't receive any military pay after my terminal leave ended. Haven't had any luck with the 1-800 number yet so hopefully one of you dudes can explain what this is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Roving Reporter posted:

stuff

Looks like you're well prepared to me but I have zero experience with the appeal process. Any idea what went wrong the first time?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Yeah don't hold back on anything. The way I looked at it was talking about this poo poo is going to suck but I'll probably never see this guy again so who cares. Spill your guts and cash those checks.

I might be thinking of the wrong guy but weren't you a Batt Boy?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Seconding the file before you get out thing. Filing to cash in my bank only took 3 months for me, highly recommended it.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

mhachtx posted:

I have my C&P exam for my ear problems, specifically my right ear in a few hours. They are evaluating me for tinnitus, and the VFW guy put me in for Menieres syndrome or something.

I can't use a cell phone in my right ear cause it just sounds like ripping paper constantly, do you guys have any other idea of what I should say.

Try and connect it to your service and you should be set. "I was doing this one thing and a thing blew up and now it sounds like a bunch of apes ripping paper in my ear".

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

I keep hearing from guys I served with who probably still qualify for their parent's insurance that there's free health care available for OEF/OIF vets for x number of years after separation, but isn't that for service-related stuff? I don't have health insurance, so it'd be nice to know what's available.

All OIF/OEF vets get 5 years of health care for anything "possibly" related to their service, I don't have any experience with what that actually entails though. That healthcare doesn't include dental (unless you're within 180 days since separating), you're on your own for that. Here's a link that might help:

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/returning_servicemembers.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Do vets with 50% or higher service connected poo poo not have to pay anything for VA care at all? I know the VA site says 50% or higher = no copays but I'm not sure if that covers routine check ups and whatnot.

• Locked thread