Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Unemployment Benefits:

I'll be separating from the military in April and sitting around until the fall semester starts. Will I be able to collect unemployment, and if so, what state?

I am living in North Carolina (stationed at Camp Lejeune), but have maintained my permanent home of address in NY on all tax forms for the last 5 years. Would I collect from NC or NY? Do any of you have experience with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I'm unclear about what kind of VA healthcare I'm entitled to when I separate. I don't have any kind of disabilities, but I am a veteran of OEF, meaning I get placed in priority category 6. What does this mean? What kind of services can I get from the VA, with what co-pays?

I'm asking because I'm trying to gauge if I need to start researching health insurance, or if this 'priority category 6' is going to provide me with decent care while I'm in school.

• Locked thread