Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
One of the poo poo hole bars my team goes to after games was in bar rescue last night. It's called ynot in Everett washington.

They actually made it look better than it actually ever was. I got the wrong beer 75% of the time. I got the wrong (and often cheaper) bill more times than not.

And the food. Good god. I'm so glad we rarely ate there. Half the time we would order and food would just never come.

The worst part is that theres not a lot of options in the area given its across the street from the rink.

And people wonder why I drink budwieser in a bottle at dive bars. It's hard to screw up and likely to be fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Verman posted:

One of the poo poo hole bars my team goes to after games was in bar rescue last night. It's called ynot in Everett washington.

They actually made it look better than it actually ever was. I got the wrong beer 75% of the time. I got the wrong (and often cheaper) bill more times than not.

And the food. Good god. I'm so glad we rarely ate there. Half the time we would order and food would just never come.

The worst part is that theres not a lot of options in the area given its across the street from the rink.

And people wonder why I drink budwieser in a bottle at dive bars. It's hard to screw up and likely to be fresh.

I feel like this is just Everett.txt.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Bradf0rd posted:

You know I post on here... :catstare:

oshit next time I'll put it in [spoiler] tags :v:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My wife used to play with a girl who would get baked before every game and then play amazing hockey every time. Haven't tried it yet but if hockey is anything like Mario Kart it might be my ticket to the big leagues.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
so very much against my will it looks like we're doing new team name and jerseys. Please provide input for witty names and whatnot

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

"Greasy Five Hole"
"Space Ghost Post to Post"

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

bewbies posted:

so very much against my will it looks like we're doing new team name and jerseys. Please provide input for witty names and whatnot

Las Vegas Gold Black Silver Desert Boogie Knights

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

bewbies posted:

Dixon Cider

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"Come Guzzle" and the crest is some dude pouring a beer down his throat.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

bewbies posted:

The WOlfpacc
Beers and Tears

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 27, 2016

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

bewbies posted:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

bewbies posted:

a bad team

plain white jerseys, screened numbers 1-16

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Vargatron posted:

"Space Ghost Post to Post"

I loving dare you, bewbies

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The voice actor for Zorak and Moltar just recently died :'(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

sellouts posted:

a bad team

plain white jerseys, screened numbers 1-16

You're my spirit animal but unfortunately this didn't go over very well. I don't think they understand irony

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

Make America Skate Again

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Bootcha posted:

Make America Skate Again

I tried to talk my now-former goalie into getting a plain white jersey with a big rear end print of the trumpster's face all front and center but he wouldn't pull the trigger on it; It was even his drat idea.
:argh:

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001
"Deez Nets"
[img 2 hockey nets]

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

PIMS Envy
Roster of Deplorables
Heralds of Galactus
Lizardmen Conspiracy
Zodiac Penalty Killers

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Stop. Not funny.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

Stop. Not funny.

That's a terrible name. Shame.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My new team (that is already 0-3-0) is wearing orange and black and we chose the name slashing pumpkins. I like it way more than I should.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
so time to ask the internet a medical question

I tweaked my quad skating on Sunday. it hurt, but not enough to take myself out of the game. I got home, iced it, took ibuprofen, it was a bit sore when I went to bed and felt totally fine the next day. So last night, I did some sprints in my backyard and juggled a soccer ball for a while, no pain at all, so I figured it was good and went to my tennis match. I had to stop and start suddenly, and holy gently caress it hurt the same quad. Like, I was barely able to finish the set. Went home, iced it, ibuprofen, was sore, etc. This morning...nothing. Not even really sore. maybe a little twinge if I pick my leg up, but nothing other than that.

What the gently caress is going on here? I feel stupid skipping lifting/running/etc based on an injury I can't even feel, but I also don't want to damage this thing any further. Can someone explain what the hell my leg is doing?

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Rebelling against you for playing tennis.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm no doctor but it sounds to me like you got lupus.

Hockey is the only cure that works.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

bewbies posted:

so time to ask the internet a medical question

I tweaked my quad skating on Sunday. it hurt, but not enough to take myself out of the game. I got home, iced it, took ibuprofen, it was a bit sore when I went to bed and felt totally fine the next day. So last night, I did some sprints in my backyard and juggled a soccer ball for a while, no pain at all, so I figured it was good and went to my tennis match. I had to stop and start suddenly, and holy gently caress it hurt the same quad. Like, I was barely able to finish the set. Went home, iced it, ibuprofen, was sore, etc. This morning...nothing. Not even really sore. maybe a little twinge if I pick my leg up, but nothing other than that.

What the gently caress is going on here? I feel stupid skipping lifting/running/etc based on an injury I can't even feel, but I also don't want to damage this thing any further. Can someone explain what the hell my leg is doing?

what is your leg doing? probably trying to heal. I'm no doctor but it sounds like the beginning of a separation of some kind. I'd get it looked at sooner rather than later.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sellouts posted:

Stop. Not funny.

Weed Galactus

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Had our first game of the winter season last night. Game started at 10:55 which sucked rear end, I got home around 1:30am. I'm really feeling it today.

We tied 2-2 and I felt sluggish to say the least. Having only skated a few times this summer didn't help so it was to be expected.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah the pond hockey league I suckered talked bradf0rd into playing has it's first game of the new season at 11:10pm tomorrow night.

Contrast that to a 3:50pm start time on Sunday afternoon and I guess it's a good thing I'm normally up till late as is.

Where'd you play at last night?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
For those of you who lift weights, do you try to schedule your workouts around hockey games? Eg. if I do legs on Friday will it gently caress up my game on Saturday?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Most workouts seem to be fine though I generally try to avoid doing legs the day before a game. The only one that really fucks me up is quads (ie, lunges).

Glutes, core and upper body are NBD. Cardio is fine too.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Unless you're absolutely destroying your legs in the gym or play really intense hockey, you'd probably be fine even with back to back days, but it's the kind of thing that, if you know ahead of time and can plan it, it's probably better to space them a bit.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

prom candy posted:

For those of you who lift weights, do you try to schedule your workouts around hockey games? Eg. if I do legs on Friday will it gently caress up my game on Saturday?

Nah, I do whatever's convenient.

For the past 9 months, I've been training for powerlifting comps. Our trainer had us squat on Monday (massive volume and weight), and my leagues play on Monday and Wednesday. I was totally fine on Monday. My legs felt like they got nuked from orbit by Wednesday, however. But I just drank a beer or 3 pre-game and went out and played. I usually forgot my legs were toast until the end of a shift.

It's beer league, who cares.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It's beer league, who cares.

great team name suggestion imo

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Okay good to know, I play hockey on Wednesday, Saturday, and sometimes Tuesday and I want to lift M/W/F but I'll be doing the manbaby version of both so I'm not going to sweat it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

if you are tired or don't feel good then stop otherwise go get em tiger

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

sellouts posted:

go get em tiger
Good team name

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah the pond hockey league I suckered talked bradf0rd into playing has it's first game of the new season at 11:10pm tomorrow night.

Contrast that to a 3:50pm start time on Sunday afternoon and I guess it's a good thing I'm normally up till late as is.

Where'd you play at last night?

Gshl, first game of the seeding round. We played at Kent valley last night, I live near green lake so it's not the closest rink for me.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

sellouts posted:

great team name suggestion imo

along the lines of who cares:

puck it
puck the world
suck my deke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I asked my teammates about this last night, here's the results:

"The wall" (with the idea that if you give the goalie brick patterned pads and a jersey with trumps face on it, everyone would be aiming directly at the goalie)
"Dangle Berries"
"Gloves up, don't shoot"
"Bar Bangers"
"Insert politically incorrect name here"
"I'm only here to avoid my family"

E: That last one might have been a statement rather than a suggestion.