Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Everyone who reads this thread reads the other and vice versa so we should keep it all here I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

gigabitnokie posted:

Lawnie can probably chime in with a good hockey store in your area then. I've never been to one of those paradises but I hear they have knowledgeable staff and this thing called a "selection"

Unfortunately I really can't. I live in the north suburbs but go to school in Champaign, which is at least 2 hours away. Most of the guys who I know that live in the Chicago area swear by the Total Hockey in Downers Grove or the Gunzo's in... Niles, I think it is?

That said, if any of you goons are U of I students, my intramural team needs people for our the beginner league team. I doubt any of you are around but PM/email me if you are.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

bytebark posted:

There's a good shop on the south side, in Alsip (Jerry's Hockey Warehouse, google it for the address, they have no website). That's the store where the Marist and Brother Rice high school teams get all their poo poo, and I won't take my skates anywhere else to get them sharpened ($7). Prices on gear are average to slightly higher than average, but it's five minutes from my house so I go there anyway.

I know there's at least one goon here who goes to UIUC, depending on where you live in the Chicago area this store might be good to check out on the way to or from school. It's about 30 seconds off of 294.

I'll be coming home this weekend for spring break probably, maybe I will stop by on the way with my old man and see if i can convince him to buy me a new stick or something

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I need some instant feedback. Should I pull the trigger on this stick? http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-hockey-stick-synergy-se2-textured-int.html

The blade is almost identical to the one I have, it's in a really rare flex that might work for someone as light (145) and weak as I am, and it's really cheap. I'm really really tempted.

EDIT: oh gently caress I double posted. my bad.

EDIT2: nevermind. I think 58" is too short for me by a very small bit.

Lawnie fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 16, 2011

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

58" is too short, and you're 145? That seems off. How tall are you?

I'm 5'9" and I use a 49" stick.

I'm the same height as you are, but 49" seems insanely short to me. That wouldn't be anywhere near the recommended "chin on skates" height. It's not that expensive, so I might just go for it and dump it on a goon if it isn't right.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

How significant is skate weight, really?

The $300 Reebok 8k's I got already feel feather light, I can't imagine saving any energy or being more agile if I had something even lighter. Granted I'm at the bottom of the heap in terms of ability to skate so I'm not much of an authority.

Is it just common perception that "low weight == speed" and therefore all pro's have to have them? Or is there a measurable impact?

well you see energy = (1/2)*mass*velocity^2 and

yes lighter skates make a difference. It is not negligible over the course of a 60 minute game or even a 60 second shift. also it is much easier to accelerate something with less than mass since there is a linear relationship there

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of jerseys, no one ever order from ijerseys.com. they've given my intramural team hell. Apparently ordering more than 1 blank jerseys in different sizes is a "custom order" and so takes 3 weeks to process. So now we might be stuck wearing long sleeve t-shirts with numbers duct taped to them until we can get the jerseys here and printed. Totally ridiculous and is really putting a damper on this season already, which starts Wednesday.

Oh well I'm still super excited to play in a league for the first time.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Matty D posted:

Where are you playin?

IM league at UIUC.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
How do you guys approach playing with a new team, in terms of lines and positions and all that stuff? I'm pretty sure the team im playing on has a bunch of kids that have never played before, and neither have i, so I'm sort of worried about how we're going to handle all that stuff.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Played my first actual competitive IM game today. It was a lot more physical than I expected for a no-check league, though I wasn't surprised when I got railroaded in the offensive zone by a giant dick that I KNOW can stop well enough not to have done so. It was a lot of fun playing with a team competitively, though, since in rat usually it's just a bunch of people loving around but tonight it was pretty intense at times.

I wish I could play with better linemates, both of the kids on my line have only been playing for a couple weeks (compared to my couple months, but hey, it'd be nice to get some offensive chances thanks to someone else's hard work).

It was pretty frustrating to lose, though. We were up 2-0 and 3-1 in the game, and ended up losing 5-4. The other team had one giant guy that was an absolute ringer, scored the GWG by skating around our defensive zone for at least 20 seconds.

Really looking forward to playing again next week, though. The whole "team" thing is pretty loving awesome.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Blackout posted:

Anyone in Canada know of a good place to buy jerseys for a team? A bunch of friends and I are joining a league in the summer and we want to all wear the same thing. I've started looking around locally (I'm in Ottawa) and gathering some prices, but if I can find a better deal online that'd be great!

Also, if anyone lives in Ottawa and is looking for ice time, I run late pick up games every Friday at 11:30 pm so let me know if you want to come out!

anything but ijerseys.com. I have a personal vendetta against them that I am going to share with all 140,000 goons

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Our team always likes to joke with the refs. If we get caught offsides by 20 feet, we'll joke with him and say that was a bullshit call. It's usually good for a laugh from them.

They're extremely forgiving of beginners in the league i play in. 1 penalty called in my first game and pretty much only because my team was down a goal with not much time left and we had a 2 on 1 until our guy got tripped from behind.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

What makes me feel old is how many professional hockey players are playing today that weren't alive when Gretzky was part of the Oilers.

For a significant chunk of my youth, Gretzky was the guy every kid wanted to be and now there's people winning Stanley Cups who didn't even exist in 1988. :psyduck:

the top 2 draft picks last year were born in 1991. I AM OLDER THAN THEM WTF

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Thufir posted:

Now I just want to go work on that and outside edge drills but there's no stick and puck time on the rink calendar at the moment :(

Everything at my rink got canceled today because of some stupid figure skating bullshit thing so now I have almost nothing to do for the next nine hours which is agonizing

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Thufir posted:

At least I have my skills clinic tomorrow morning. At 6:50 AM. Roughly 6.5 hours after the expected regulation end of Preds-Ducks :doh:

if my rink had a skills clinic at 6:50am i'd be there all the time. and i'm a college student so that's like torture, really

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I got a 65 intermediate (it's probably closer to 68 since I cut it) but it's awesome. I'm so light (145 lbs) that it flexes perfectly for me.

also was only 35 dollars on clearance so that's nice.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

coldwind posted:

The league average shooting percentage in the years since the lockout has been 9.55% with a standard deviation of 0.33% (small sample size, I know). This last season, total shots in the NHL was around 75,000.

If the true effect of tape was less than 2 standard deviations (0.66%) from the mean, you would fail to show that the tape had any effect and assume the result was due to variance. Meaning any effect up to 0.66% (2SD's -> 95%) could be completely masked by league variance year-to-year. This turns out to be ~18 goals per team per season. If you also consider the fact that shot variance for forwards is higher and that they take, on average, 2.5-3 times more shots than defensemen, the goal variance bumps up to 19. (OMG 1 extra goal LOL)

Now, this would be for a team transitioning from 100% black to 100% white or vice versa. That's probably zero teams. But still, there could be a 19 goal effect that you straight up wouldn't be able to detect reliably. Nineteen goals for switching tape colors.

Of course, what 0.66% means to the beer league heroes like us (most of us) is far less substantial. You'd need to take ~150 shots before getting an additional goal out of it. Which kind of speaks to your point.

...Though, you probably can't really apply the results to beer league players. The effect of tape color might be more marginal for players at higher skill levels. OK, I'm back to the stance that the AHL experiment is not a good solution.

it looks like you assumed normality :colbert:

(i just got home from my engineering stats class and quite frankly i have learned very little. though i'm pretty sure that, since your sample size for players' shooting percentage is over 30, you can assume that just fine. maybe this thread will help me with my final in two weeks :cry: )

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

coldwind posted:

Guess I did. I have to admit I didn't think that'd be a problem (didn't think about it at all) and don't really know the requirements to assume normality anyways. I'm not extremely well versed, but I like math so when it comes my way it takes pretty well. My background isn't extensive, I've mostly been given "enough to know how to interpret papers." It wasn't super detailed. I also had an intro in UG and a class or two that applied it.

The biggest problem I see is the variance on the shooting percentage. Since there's only 5 seasons post-lockout, the sample size for that is pretty bad. I wanted to use that, though, because there were some rule changes during the lockout. I'd guess if you go back to about 2000 the variance would come down a bit but going back too much further than that the variance will start going up. It's kind of hard to compare season-to-season and come up with a good sample or meaningful results because there's confounding factors like rule changes/evolving technology/changes in fitness of players.

My basic understanding is that you actually do have a rather statistically significant sample. This is because you are using point estimates of a very large population. the population is almost certainly normally distributed, therefore using those point estimators you should be alright.

shooting percentage actually isn't a very complicated statistic. there is really very little noise when you consider that there are ~540 skaters in the NHL per year, so even with, say, OV's low shooting percentage and lee stempniak's really high shooting pct, you have a pretty good amount of data creating those point estimates.

then again i think i'm only gonna get like a C in this class so take that for what you will.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

The problem here is the nature of your population though. The color of the blade of a defenseman's stick as he takes a shot through a screen is irrelevant because the goalie cannot see it, the color of an open winger trying to hit a nearside corner from 15 fett might be. The shooting percentage of the latter is going to be far higher than the former.

this is actually probably the best explanation. you can talk about all kinds of statistics but, unfortunately, you have no control over what the goalie sees and there's poo poo tons of variation in shots. there's no way to gain enough control over the numbers on nhl.com to draw any useful conclusions

honestly this is the most i've talked about statistics in my life. so i am most likely talking out of my rear end.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Green Submarine posted:

I'll take the intro and/or concluding text. Any takers for whipping up some fake methods, data, and analysis sections? Heavy on the jargon, please.

i can talk about tape materials!

(please give me this opportunity to make my major feel useful)

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

poser posted:

I rock these

i play with someone who wears those i think. he's kind of a weenie.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

bigmike posted:

You should beat him up and take them because those are like thousand dollar skates.

Or at least laugh at him for being a weenie and buying thousand dollar skates.

i'm gonna do this because seriously dude can skate like the wind but his puck skills aren't great

who am i kidding i am consistently the worst player at rat hockey; however, my skates were only $250

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

I finally took my 2 1/2 year old skating today for the first time during my lunch break. I didn't anticipate him staying on the ice for more than 5 minutes before we headed out.

None the less, I met my g/f and him there, and we both laced up (which was pretty cool alone, admittedly), and I stepped out onto the ice first, and tried to get him to walk/skate to me. He didn't know what the hell was going on that first step. But I glided him around a little bit, and tried to get him to put weight on both feet and get a feeling for how to move. He wasn't totally receptive, but at least tried it.

I got a pusher for him to try for a bit, but after about 10 minutes of messing around, and him sitting on the ice for a few, he decided he had enough, and wanted off.

I'm not sure he's ready for it yet, which is fine, I might give it a shot again in a couple weeks to see how he feels about it, and go from there. I'm actually not that desperate to get him to go out, its my g/f. Either way, I'm sure he'll enjoy it at some point or another, I just don't wanna push him.

Best conversation, as I was buckling him into the car;

Me: So did you have fun today?
Him: Yeah
Me: Do you want to go skating again?
Him: No
Me: Well maybe we will go again in a week or two.
Him: Yeah, a week or two. It was too slippery.

kid sounds drat cute. I want a little kid to teach how to skate (i'm 20 i shouldn't be baby crazy what is wrong with me)

anyway, my IM season is over and after we defaulted into the playoffs because one team didn't show up to play us (making our regular season record 1-3 though we would have been 0-4 if not for that forfeit), we played a loving great game, taking the lead 3 times, only to lose 5-4. it was sort of sad that the season is over already but it was a really great learning experience and i'd definitely play with all those guys again.

the one thing I think I need to work on the most is doing everything stick-wise harder. I already skate as hard as I can, but even winning races to loose pucks doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't get any power behind a pass or a shot or can't out-battle someone with stick work against the boards. I'd really like to figure out how to hammer the puck up the boards out of the defensive zone, since I'm really more interested in playing defense than scoring goals, oddly enough. any tips for stronger stick skills? I'm using a 65 flex intermediate stick slightly cut down, since I'm such a small weak little bitch (5'10", 145lbs).

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Green Submarine posted:

Start by trying a stiffer stick. The flex only works for you when you have time to really load it up. The quick jabs/passes of the type you need to make under pressure to clear the puck are much easier if you have less flex. If you're playing defense you'll want any shots you take to be along the ice anyway, so less flex will serve you well there also. And buy an adult stick fer crissake.

Aside from that, though, battles along the boards are more about body position than they are about stick work. This comes down to two things:

1. Figure out ways to signal going one way before going the other. For example: dip your left shoulder before cutting right as you're going into the corner; approach the puck with the backhand before switching to the forehand; start in one direction then quickly cut back the other way; use head fakes. Look into the glass to get a read on where your opponent is based on the reflection. Also practice trying to read the same stuff in opposing players and trying to dictate which route they take: If you're chasing someone into the corner, lead with your stick to one side while cheating with your body to the other. Tap the sides of their skate with your stick to make them think you're coming from that side. That kind of thing.

2. Winning battles in the corners is all about boxing your opponent out. Bend your knees, lean forward and stick your butt out to protect the puck by denying your opponent a clear line to it. Brace yourself against the boards if you need to. Set your feet wide to make it harder for your opponent to reach around you. I've taken to calling this the Larry Craig position.

Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty sure I'm going to play rat today so I'll try playing with the first wood stick I got that is a much stiffer flex and see how that goes.

btw this thread loving rules. I just started playing at the beginning of this semester and I've gotten much, much better just based on a lot of what gets discussed here. SAS in general is pretty much what made my :10bux: worth it

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Dangerllama posted:

Video 2 - wherein I nearly destroy my iPhone at :30

put this on america's funniest home videos

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

The evening stick and puck is like that.. easily 30-40 dudes on the ice trying to get some practice in.

But during the day it's empty.. figure it's because I'm pretty far out in the suburbs, during the work day the area pretty much empties out so it's just me with the ice to myself.

get a job you hippy

there's only 1 rink on campus here so rat hockey fills up really quickly with like 24 skaters, but stick and puck is usually pretty easy to get into. There are usually about 30 people there, and a pick up game going horizontally almost every time that I usually play in for the hell of it.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

robcat posted:

I just went to my first beginner class the other day, and it was awesome. Everything seemed to fit well except for possibly the pants...they would frequently get stuck under the above knee pad on the shinguards (hopefully that makes sense). Can I solve this by just taping down that flexible upper part of the shinguard so it sticks to my lower thigh?

Maybe pull your pants up higher? I wear my pants so the sides come up to the middle of my ribcage-ish, and I've never had this problem.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

coldwind posted:

While I'm complaining, the guy I got paired with last Friday was refusing to cover a man in front of the net. Also, he was forechecking. Awesome.

you must be playing with a kid on my team (or he was, at least). dude could not figure out that A) his most important job is to keep the guy out of the front of the net and B) DON'T SKATE DOWN TO THE GOAL LINE WHILE WE'RE ON OFFENSE

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
to be fair I'm also really bad since i just started playing a few months ago but this kid is just terrible. skates slowly to pucks, can't turn forward to backward (or even the other way around, really), and weakly flicks the puck around the D zone. it's really frustrating to play with him.

i think i'm gonna try to stick to playing D, though. i really like being at the top of the offensive zone, since i can be very observant and predict what might happen (the only thing i've ever been any good at in sports. in fact, when i was playing basketball in middle school, i once figured out that the other team's plays were all numbered, and odd numbered plays went to the left, evens to the right. the only thing that coach ever said i did well :3: ). Plus, defenseman don't have to stickhandle or shoot quite as much, which I am not very good at. lastly, i really, really like skating, so getting better at that is very rewarding for me.

now if only i can figure out how the gently caress to even snowplow stop on my right foot i will be pretty happy with my progress this semester. i just can't emulate what i do with my left foot with my right :argh:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Dangerllama posted:

Is he trying?

i think so. he's really tall and awkward as gently caress on his skates, but he's definitely trying.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Dangerllama posted:

Then I'd let it slide. As long as people are giving 110% on the ice, I tend to believe they'll get better eventually. What pisses me off are the folks that coast, no matter how good they are.

I'm not hyper competitive or anything, but it can sometimes be frustrating to play with someone who is really, really bad. i think most people would agree?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Topoisomerase posted:

^^No, because that's a lovely attitude to have. If you're in a league for beginners you either (a) are a beginner yourself or (b) should not be playing in a league for beginners. If you're frustrated with playing with people who try but aren't good, play in a higher league and BE the person who frustrates another player for not being that good.

It's not an attitude,though. the fact of the matter is that when you are playing a sport to have fun, it can sometimes be frustrating to play with someone who makes it hard on you. as pavel datsyuk says, "no fun to have no puck," and when you play with someone who is really, really bad, it can feel like you're on the penalty kill and you don't get to play with the puck very much.

i'm not saying i hate the kid or want him to stop playing or anything of the sort, but i feel like everyone has played with someone who, in the back of their head, has thought "well i wish i was playing with someone a little better so i could receive a tape to tape pass on this breakout instead of seeing him fling it up the boards for a turnover."

I'm just out there to play and have fun, and i certainly encouraged this player every chance i got. he did some good things, and he did some bad things, but i suppose he is really learning along with me. it is pretty obvious, though, that he doesn't watch much hockey, or i think he would be much better positionally.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Vigilance posted:

I take those situations as challenges, Lawnie. While like anyone else I prefer to play with good players because winning is fun, I don't mind playing with bad ones either (provided the effort is there). There is something fun for me too about having to step up my game because of weaker players.

Instead of getting mad at weaker players in those situations I try to just put more pressure on myself to up my game, because I know I have to for us to win.

For me it's all about effort. If you give an honest effort I won't be bothered.

This is a good idea. I will do this, since lord knows I need to get much better

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

poser posted:

Yeah my one friend who makes the most comments is just super cheap. His hockey pants are 4 sizes too big but he still wears them, he cut is elbow so in addition to his elbow pads not staying on, one of them has the entire inside covered in dried blood pool. But I'm the moran for replacing worn out gear:smith:

So the team that I put together that lost our first game 12-4 is 2-0 in the regular season. The roller kids are finally starting to get the hang of ice and making progress. The team we beat last night only lost 5 games last season and we won 6-4 and their ringer scored all 4 of their goals(he was top 4 in scoring last season). And the end of the game they told us that we suck:confused:

poser posted:

So my team of mostly former roller plays won again last night against a team that only lost five game last season. For a team that lost our first pre-season game 12-4 to 2-0 and in first place, I gotta say I'm an awesome GM:whatup:

The other team also told us we suck after we beat them and all 4 of their goals were scored by their ringer:smith:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea if my pants don't fit me right but they aren't uncomfortable and protect most everything so I think they're right?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Thufir posted:

I'm about to ship my skates back to Bauer to get fixed and I figure I should put some tape or something over the runners so they don't cut through the box. Do I need to worry about tape leaving sticky residue all over them or will electrical or hockey tape be ok?

The adhesive on both should come off easily with some warm soapy water, regardless.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I bought a shooting pad, a goal, and ten pucks this week for like 200 bucks shipped. I'm gonna spend my whole summer at home shooting every day to try to get better.

gotta get to that gladwell 10000000000 hours or whatever it is so i can go pro

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Surfing Turtle posted:

Whoa whered you get all that for just 200 shipped? That sounds like an awesome deal.

I got it all through https://www.howtohockey.com. They link to a website called hockeyshot.com but there's a coupon for $10 off a $100 order on howtohockey.

I went out back and took about 200 shots today. I took a video of about twenty of them and I think my shot looks really, really bad. Gonna upload it to youtube then post it here for serious criticism.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Ohh god here it is. Have a look-see and tell me how to improve everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngX9Fye3ujs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

WouldDesk posted:

As has been said, need some weight put into that shot. Get some anger behind it. I recommend listening to Iron Maiden while you are shooting, seriously. The only other thing wrong is that you don't have that red wheelbarrow in net as the goalie/loud thing to hit with pucks :colbert:. You are drat consistent with your shot though, same spot almost every time.

I thought you had a new avatar made for you also? Am I crazy? Thought it was a Vince Vaugh or something equally as hilarious.

I forgot I had an avatar bet with someone, so I'm waiting on something. I have one waiting in the wings involving john scott loling at luongo