Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Swiss Army Knife posted:

Ah, alright then. I haven't been able to play hockey since grade 11 (:() so I'm a bit behind on equipment I guess. Plus it didn't help that I was a lumbering defensemen who used his cheap-o sticks mainly for cross-checking dudes in the back.

So you're Chris Pronger then :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo yeehaw you are 100% That Guy

z0331 posted:

The other team had like 8-10 "fans" show up with team jerseys, drinks, a couple vuvuzelas, and a woman literally playing bagpipes between periods. It was incredibly weird but then a guy on the team said that they actually didn't even know who they were, and that apparently they had just decided to pick a beer league team to follow and started showing up to games. Maybe nobody wanted to fess up to knowing them but :psyduck:.

these people own

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I feel like that upper part of the toe would break super easily from either catching a shot or jamming up in the boards

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hey I know where I've seen this design before

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

...otherwise you end up with a weird old-man-tries-to-skate-fast stride like me. I need to take another power skating course and have 'em try and fix my poo poo.

BEND YOUR KNEES

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MORE KNEE BEND

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha this is great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

man you didn't deserve a chopped stick but you're not exactly an innocent party here either

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

It really was. There was like 1, maybe 2 small ruts on our first ice. Hope tomorrow morning is just as good.

you found them both, didn't you

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

One of yall needs to find this guy and get him on your beer league team because he sounds awesome

https://twitter.com/eliteprospects/status/1229806657254936577

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

prom candy posted:

I can no longer find the length of laces I like in wax. I might have to buy a longer pair and shorten them somehow.

Also if I have to re-tie my skates partway through every game are they too big? My first pair was 6.5, I'm in 5.5s now. I wear size 8 shoes.

That seems like a massive discrepancy in sizes. Do you try to keep the laces tight or more on the loose end?

E: yeah double knot them or tape them up a bit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

complete with his bauer custom 3000s and a wood stick with friction tape.

king poo poo right here

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

V for Vegans posted:

We had someone from our team drop out last minute yesterday, turns out his wife had a baby. We were discussing everyone chipping in to get him some sort of gift, and my favorite idea by far was a onesie for the kid that says “Daddy Doesn’t Backcheck”

yeah this rules and you better do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beer league hockey does not matter nearly as much as your wife and future child.

If your teammates aren't total dicks, they'll understand that.