Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Great thread.

From personal experience, using the magic box to form your skates in-store is worth it, especially in some independent shops that'll do it for free (cause gently caress that 20 dollar fee). Oh, and if you're an American with in a few hours of the border, buy your poo poo in Canada. Just remember to report it at customs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm finally rocking a high-end composite stick for the first time in my life and after one game it's chipping at the toe. Should I snap it and beg the warranty, or is this a thing that I have to come to grips with?

It feels like I'm holding nothing. I had no idea.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Unless you were a wunderkind you could probably do with some time at the lowest level that isn't for adults learning to skate. If you were particularly talented in your youth, it'll come back to you, and you'll know when it's time to move up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Olympic ice is tough (especially down so many, Jesus), but nothing has ever tired me out as much as the pond hockey 4x4 tournament style. Never again 💀💀💀💀

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If I'm playing above my level I usually carry wide and ring it around once the dman has committed if there are no options. Not great but better than forcing it and turning it over.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you're all the way to the corner and you don't have a pass give it a toss into the crease imo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A well executed drop pass is the best. I remember a nice assist I had via one more than almost any goal I've scored

If you get scored on because you drop it to nobody you absolutely deserve to get beat up in the locker room tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Habibi posted:

Do I really need to wait 24 hours after baking to skate? I'm sure this has been addressed before but the Awful app search is failing me.

nah, but don't bake them during warm-ups

E: in seriousness give it more than just a few hours but a day isn't really necessary

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 12, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

People with far too much money and far too much regard for their own skill level buy those skates. I had to talk a guy out of getting x900s for learning to skate

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCM reigns

only Bauer I'll touch is the 1N Giroux curve :eyepop:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Unless I'm reading it wrong, that's a hell of a cross check?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Get violent, we're wearing armor ffs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Y'all bitchmade tbh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I thought major penalties were just shorthand for charges pressed, suits filed, think pieces written

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Good, Bauer is the worst. Rip Easton

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know people who swear by the Stealth CX but I can't get it to play right. Much prefer the HTX in spite of its fragility

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bauer's quality has declined rapidly over the past few years, so naturally they decided to cannibalize the company that made even more staffing mistakes than they did

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"Hello, SPLC? I'd like to request intervention, regarding what #30 said to me last night when I walked him."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only assault I want in my game is the sexual assault of rear end slapping after a good play

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I look forward to his impending arrest

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just scored 5 for the first time in my life, I'm absolutely off the wall

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Certain Eastons are still legit (stealth CX is nice, look for specials now that they've been acquired etc) but they've been on a slow decline for a few years imo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

...Joe?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

RESPECT THE GAME

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Some stupid tryhard broke my thumb "clearing the crease"

He also kneed me so hard I felt it in my testicles later

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BUT TWO APPLES BITCHES TIME TO WHEEL SOME FINE TENS LOVE THE FLOW

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TOP CHEDDAR ON THAT DIME NURSE THAT ULTRASOUNDED MY BALLSACK

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That, but unironically

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like playing the Mike Green style of defense

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like playing the Mike Green style of defense

E: I really like it!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Should have jackknifed him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

xzzy posted:

Just use that to extrapolate how hard you'd get schooled against an actual OHL scrub

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The high point of my career is playing with d3 guys going half speed and not getting totally embarrassed too often

T-Bone posted:

Retired Knoxville Ice Bears play all the time down here because there aren't enough leagues in Knoxville to have any real skill division (only 3 leagues right now). I played against this guy last night, just a D1 scratch: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93734 -- impossible to take the puck off him if he really didn't want to give it up.

Hahaha I played with this guy once, he scored a hat trick 5 min in and then got ejected for throwing a guy like 5 feet

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 18, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you'd believe it the Jon Marshall I played with was apparently actually a different D1 guy from WNY, sorry for slandering your name other guy!

Hockey is goofy

E: captain of a Major D1 squad playing low level rec jfc no wonder

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A friend of mine is considering playing at liberty lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

100 for the whites is a decent deal but if they're still running the discounted HTX id go for that first for sure

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Had a chance to scope some of the new tacks line and boy is it nice

time to take out a mortgage for new skates

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

im rover

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ribcors are excellent, CCM acquired them pretty much off of the strength of that line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you can't take a havlat here or there you shouldn't play hockey imho