Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!
Just bought a new jock today. My old one had no elastic or waist lace and kept falling down and today at open hockey I took a rocket slapper right to the dick. I don't know why I try to screen the goalie in open hockey, but yay new equipment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005

Sexy Randal posted:

Is blocking shots frowned up in rec hockey?

Nobody really seems to do it my league, though I play in the lowest div so that may be a factor. I did it once covering the point and I guess the defenceman kind of looked at me confused and half-assed the shot as to not kill me.

I got the vibe afterward that blocking shots is a bit ungentlemanly at this level, though I'm not sure why (take the shot, if I get hurt it's my own fault for being stupid).

It's not frowned upon in my league, I stupidly do it all the time, the last one leading me to have what seems to be a permanent bump on my shin on what felt like a cannon ball hitting me. Not fun, but a lot of times blocked shots lead to breakaways. I don't do it at open hockey though.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
I just found this thread want to agree with the OP that the Sher-Wood 5030 is the greatest stick on the planet and everyone should have one.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
Signed up for adult men's league as individual.

Got email from one team, 3rd worst in league last season (3-16) short on guys.

Told them ok.

Got email from another team, 3rd best in league last season. Will have 2 full lines if I play.

Other team says if I don't play for them they'll most likely buckle the team due to not enough players.

What should I do?

I know I already told the first team I'd play for them but I'd rather not play on a team where there's a chance only 6 guys are going to show up. Is it a dick move to change my mind and play for the other team?

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Other than Hockey Monkey/Giant, does anyone know a good place to order custom jerseys? Looking for a white San Jose-colored jersey without the logo, with custom name and number and all of that.

I got mine done through http://www.icejerseys.com/ like 4 years ago, only had to order one. It was a blank capitals black jersey with name and # sewn on.