Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Finally starting to work my way into the Melvins. Never have I been so happy for an artist to have such a lengthy discography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Idioteque Dance posted:

Dragged into Sunlight & Gnaw Their Tongues' collab is out in full on Spotify and Bandcamp:
https://draggedintosunlight-official.bandcamp.com/album/n-v

Maybe more suited to the metal thread but there are a few DiS listeners in these circles.

I've been trying to get into that the last couple of days. I really liked their last album. The new one, N.V., is pretty cool but it hasn't quite clicked with me yet. There's so much fast poo poo and the murder confession samples are pretty hosed. I'm working on it.

There's a new Fórn/Yautja split which I'm sure slays. Also there is another new Fórn record? Maybe I'm drunk? This is good though. https://forn.bandcamp.com/

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Hustling back to my car to drop off my loot, a homeless woman asks me for money. I haven't got any money, I'm sorry but I just spent it all on Elder shirt + vinyl. I don't own a turntable. I have to start a record collection at some point I guess.

Go see Elder.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Stravinsky posted:

Is anyone doing anything interesting sludge wise lately
Other than thou, the body etc.

Haggatha's split with Moloch is great stuff: http://haggatha.bandcamp.com/album/haggatha-moloch-split-7

Their next album should be excellent as well. I saw them open for Unearthly Trance and Buried at Sea on Thursday, and they crushed a set of mostly new material.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
For you Bostony stoner folks, All Them Witches is going to be at Great Scott on December 5th.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
They aren't metal at all but you should definitely see ATW at some point.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Yes ATW kind of reminds me of Black Mountain, and that is a good thing. They have that stoner trippy vibe.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
What did you guys think of their new album? I liked it but it was missing a track that really blew my head open like Charles William does.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I liked it a lot, but I will agree that Lightning at the Door is better, for me. I could listen to that album over and over.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why I put it off for so long but I spent half of my work day playing the newest Pentagram album Curious Volume. Turns out Bobby still has some good tunes squirreled away, who knew? :shrug:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
lol i just listened to the new baroness and this poo poo is cheesier than santana and phil collins combined

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

lol i just listened to the new baroness and this poo poo is cheesier than santana and phil collins combined

the full album?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

nah, just that one song that's on youtube. i really doubt i'll listen to the full album after that, heh.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
My favorite Body thing is still that record they did with the Haxan Cloak last year, but this new one with Krieg has its moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1saeWmgKo

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun
I treated my friend to a surprise concert yesterday! I booked it a month ago and we agreed that he would not investigate. We even managed to not spoil it during the concert by having him look away each time we went past the merch stall. Amazingly the opening act (Monolord, owned!) did not mention who were playing after them so he had no idea who the main act were until they actually came out on stage.

"Wait is that?.... Holy poo poo it's High on Fire!"

Such a great concert too, their new album might really be their best one. Felt like getting punched in the face for two hours.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Daaammn this rips, I didn't even know they had a new one out. Thanks!

I knew Intronaut had a new album coming but then forgot about it for almost two weeks, I made up for it being on constant rotation since then. Agree that it is absolutely straight fire.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
a real rip of the new Sunn is out there. i like it

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

TheQat posted:

a real rip of the new Sunn is out there. i like it
Me too. Though it's really short, and on top of that the third track will be familiar to those who got into Dømkirke, but it sounds absolutely divine. Only a first impression but I'd probably recommend it to newcomers over the other recent LPs, which are amazing but a much harder pill to swallow.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
It's on Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-sunn-o-s-bright-drone-metal-return-lp-kannon-20151130

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

butros posted:

Finally starting to work my way into the Melvins. Never have I been so happy for an artist to have such a lengthy discography.

The melvins are really, really good

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

butros posted:

Your life will change forever. Enjoy!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Your life will change forever. Enjoy!

The first time I really listened to the Melvins, I think it was Ozma, it changed the way I thought about music and really opened up my mind to other bands. Prior to the Melvins I was very much a hardcore metal fan which segued into punk which made me narrow minded, it had to be punk or nothing at that point. Then I heard the Melvins and I was like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!

This was the song that blew my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UVTdnzujWg

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Melvins and Crowbar are those bands I'd really like to discover again for the first time. amazing discography, record after record of consistently amazing music.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Speaking of the Melvins, I've only listened to Stoner Witch, which album do I jump into next?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm far from a Melvins expert but you can't go wrong with Bullhead.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

Speaking of the Melvins, I've only listened to Stoner Witch, which album do I jump into next?

From the start. Gluey Porch Treatments / Ozma / Bullhead / Lysol / Houdini are all awesome.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

My constant rotation since discovery has been Stoner Witch, Houdini, and Nude With Boots.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Also, this is shaping up to be a good week. Going to see The Sword tonight and then CoC on Friday.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Speaking of the Melvins, they just announced a new tour with Napalm Death and Melt-Banana

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

Speaking of the Melvins, they just announced a new tour with Napalm Death and Melt-Banana

Holy poo poo

I think I said it in here at the time but I saw them with butcherettes last year and that was a fantastic show, but both melvins shows I've been to have been very good. Melt-Banana though, too bad I miss that :allears:

e: I hate responding to posters below but don't wanna double post, thanks for the dates, nerve. They're playing at a venue I hate here but it's still worth it!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Enos Cabell posted:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153382977545939&substory_index=0&id=267942240938

Dates.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

:aaa: that sounds like it will be amazing.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

No Melvins and napalm death but I do get Pentagram in March which I'm beyond hyped for now.Just hope I'm home for it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

And Bell Witch is coming around again, that's nice.

E- to nyc in February

Snowy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 2, 2015

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

butros posted:

Also, this is shaping up to be a good week. Going to see The Sword tonight and then CoC on Friday.

Make sure you get to that CoC show early and catch Mothership. Super rad dudes, and a killer band.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Help me Doom thread: Beneath Broken Earth by Paradise Lost is maybe my favorite song of 2015. I want to listen to basically a whole album of that, but it's pretty different stylistically from the rest of that album/their catalogue over all. I'm fairly familiar with funeral doom stuff like Saturnus or Skepticism that gets sort of in the same ballpark, but any other suggestions would be rad. Most of the death doom I've heard has a heavier melodeath influence than this does.

The song, for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55XlIPzY5q0

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Hulk Krogan posted:

Help me Doom thread: Beneath Broken Earth by Paradise Lost is maybe my favorite song of 2015. I want to listen to basically a whole album of that, but it's pretty different stylistically from the rest of that album/their catalogue over all. I'm fairly familiar with funeral doom stuff like Saturnus or Skepticism that gets sort of in the same ballpark, but any other suggestions would be rad. Most of the death doom I've heard has a heavier melodeath influence than this does.

Early My Dying Bride?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQESD5C-dms

Morgion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05FrWBYBMgU

Evoken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBxUUTBk0w

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
Seeing the Sword tonight, am i the only one that really digs High Country? I like it far more than Apocryphon

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

zenless posted:

Seeing the Sword tonight, am i the only one that really digs High Country? I like it far more than Apocryphon

I love it. I think it's their best album. It's just the album that has the least in common with this thread's focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

zenless posted:

It would be right at home in a southern rock thread.