Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Is Blue no longer an acceptable color to use in a band name? I mean the first three Blue Öyster Cult albums seem like they'd be in the average doom/stoner band's wheelhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There should be a band or album named Forest Herb of Bongdor. Can have pentagram and stoned Ewoks as the art

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
How many stoner metal bands are just called "Marijuana"?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The rear end Stooge posted:

Unbelievably, not a single one is listed on Encyclopedia Metallum. You could be the first.

Somehow I'm not surprised that the most obvious name is still free.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I've seen Wrekmeister Harmonies mentioned here a few times but is Bell Witch any good live? The show they're both doing at St. Vitus was on Jukely so I grabbed a spot for the hell of it

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Dyna Soar posted:

dude, alice cooper fits in perfectly and has probably influenced uncle acid, pentagram, colour haze, death, woven hand, danava, satans satyrs or any of the more 70s sounding bands on the line up.

do yoursefl a favour and check out welcome to my nightmare, killer or billion dollar babies. solid hard rock right there.

Agreed. Love it to Death through to Billion Dollar Babies is pretty unassailable. When Alice Cooper became just the man himself instead of an actual band it went to hell pretty quick though (pun intended)

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Tonight I'm seeing Corrosion of Conformity, tomorrow I'm seeing the Melvins & Napalm Death, and Friday I'm seeing Pallbearer.

Living in NYC isn't so bad sometimes

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hatelull posted:

It would be awesome if Houston got a Black Mountain show out of this. That new album has been sizzling my brain on a regular basis. Let them get on a bill with Sleep here and my summer is made.

I bought the new Black Mountain based entirely on the cover art and was not disappointed.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

butros posted:

Sleep is playing House of Vans in Brooklyn in June.

https://www.facebook.com/events/239486443074388/

I am pumped because I couldn't get to Philly to see them on a weeknight earlier on that week, but since it's free and don't get how the RSVP thing works I'm now stressed I won't get a ticket.

I haven't been to a show there in a few years but last time I went it was you RSVP and then just go there. I suppose you could run into a situation where they're at capacity but it's a good size space.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for mentioning Inter Arma guys. I saw them live at Saint Vitus last night and they were pretty drat good.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was only a little baked when I saw Inter Arma but I left the show being unsure about whether or not I imagined the whole thing it was so unreal.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Dyna Soar posted:

i took this girl to a swans gig and she fainted

swans was the band that convinced me that earplugs are a good idea

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I saw Saint Vitus (the band) at Saint Vitus (the venue) on Friday. It was a pretty good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I kinda like Om more than Sleep