Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Is there a quick way to get rid of a boat load of cards?

I got back into collecting probably 4-6 years ago. I have a poo poo tonne of cards. Probably 10 or so binders full of almost complete base sets, and a few boxes of random autos/jersey/chase cards. I just want them all gone but don't have the time nor desire to list individual cards on ebay. At this point I'd be happy with a few hundred bucks for everything. Help me clean out my closet of this stuff???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ghumbs posted:

What are some of your better cards?

I'll have to sit down soon and just put together a list of the auto/jersey/chase cards I have. It's been a while since I've sat and looked at them.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

Could you ballpark an actual number of cards and give some indication of which series you have in there? "A few hundred" sounds pretty high for not having anything complete.

Consider finding a bit of time to sell the autos and chase cards individually, maybe some of the jersey cards too if you were buying premium stuff. Those are likely where most of the value in the stuff you have lies.

Otherwise the least amount of effort you can put in is to take it all down to a card shop and see what the guy will offer you.

If had to ballpark the actual number of cards, over 750-1000 cards total. I'll put together a list in the next couple of days of what series of stuff I have in binders and some of the auto/jersey/chase stuff I have.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I was heavy into collecting about 4 or 6 years ago. I remember some of the most expensive stuff at the time was I think hobby boxes of SP Authentic? You got like 4 packs of like 5 cards in a box, they had these almost full size jersey/patch cards too. Those were awesome, Upper Deck makes/made SP Authentic right? Am I thinking of the right cards?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

How can 2 different grading companies miss something as obvious as this?

http://deadspin.com/5892060/why-is-...er-ty-cobb-died

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DaFuente posted:

Opened a Gypsy Queen blaster from Target today and pulled this:

I think this is the lowest number thing I've ever pulled.

You pulled that from a blaster?! That's crazy. That card could probably pull $200+ on ebay I'd imagine.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Quantrill posted:

Bought one of those 20 pack boxes at Wal-Mart today (Topps and Upper Deck packs from '07 to '10). Opened a 2009 X pack and out popped 2 yellow printing plates:

Oh man, that Pedoria plate is awesome!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone know how I would find out if a specific set of cards exists?

My dad is a huge boston fan and I'd like to put together something for him. I know there were a few series of cards where the letters from jerseys were cut and put in cards. Anyone know what series specifically I'd look for?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Boinks posted:

Search Ebay for "Letterman" and whichever player you're looking for.

Pack searching sucks but I still don't understand how people search out autographs. They're in the middle of the packs usually and the same size as any other card.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

We used to have a thread in coupons and deals for some fake jersey sites shipped from Hong Kong. I ordered 2 from them and next to my real jersey I paid more than $150 for, no one I showed them to could tell the difference. I think I paid $30/each after shipping for them.

• Locked thread