Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

snyprmag posted:

Soulja Boy was enemy number 1 back then and was lil B's first big name cosign. There's too many loving camps to say its all the same folk.

content: Free new Davinci EP

Gracias! I'm not even done listening to Turf Stayed Still yet, Davinci sounds hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOLE DIK AND NUTS
Aug 18, 2011

by Duchess Gummybuns
It's just music it's not that serious. It's all about money at the end of the day. "Who wants to be an MC if you can't get paaiidd to be a fuckin MC"

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

So Carter 4 leaked. Hopefully it's actually good and he doesn't just rap "thing...like thing" on every track

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

mistermojo posted:

So Carter 4 leaked. Hopefully it's actually good and he doesn't just rap "thing...like thing" on every track

It's pretty terrible.

Reverend Rath
Jul 4, 2008

Mustafa posted:

It's pretty terrible.

I liked it. Some of the songs are kinda wack but I'm sure after a few listen throughs it will grow on me just like every other mainstream rap album these days.

I'm enjoying how it isn't incredibly pop like Carter III was.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Well it's weezy's best album since TCII.

I like it.

e: To elaborate a little. this album's biggest problem is definitely wayne's verse structure and not just because of lines like "what goes around comes around like a hula hoop" or "i'm a monster, exorcisms - tote tools like mechanics, mechanisms", i mean that's been weezy's thing for quite a while now and i can dig his clever punchlines. that being said 90% of this album are bars like that and it's a little tiresome after a while. not enough to ruin the album though.

standout tracks: Megaman, Interlude, Abortion, So Special, I Like The View

e2: why the gently caress is shyne on this poo poo?

Perpetual Ascent fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 25, 2011

Bigdee4933
Jun 15, 2006
Bigdee4933

Perpetual Ascent posted:

e2: why the gently caress is shyne on this poo poo?

Because that's gangsta.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
My expectations for this were low but it's actually pretty good.

edit: every rapper in the world is going to do a freestyle on that intro beat.

logical phalluses fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 25, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Carter this Carter that, get on your Honkey Kong poo poo.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

About 50% of the white girls I'm friends with on facebook have posted the Jay Z diss track. WHY AMERICA?

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must
It seems Apathy fans are similar to Wu Tang fans in that they only listen to one thing and don't actually listen to hip-hop. And they're all posting in this thread

WHOLE DIK AND NUTS
Aug 18, 2011

by Duchess Gummybuns

chopper city posted:

It seems Apathy fans are similar to Wu Tang fans in that they only listen to one thing and don't actually listen to hip-hop. And they're all posting in this thread

I agree with you to a point but I think a lot of fans of Apathy/Wu also listen to the whole spectrum of rap. Sucks that the kinds of people you're talking about make it bad for the rest of us.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Did someone slip me some acid or was that Three Stacks Himself on that interlude of the C4? :what:

This album is really weird. The rapping done by the features on "Interlude" are better than any rapping Wayne does.

x TOMMYBOY x fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 25, 2011

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

snyprmag posted:

content: Free new Davinci EP

Sick finally got some more Davinci. I'm definitely looking forward to his upcoming album, judging by the quality of his last two albums and this EP, as well as the work his labels production team Drums & Ammo is putting out (Drums & Ammo = REL, AL Jieh, Ammbush, 6Fingers). Here's some of that stuff, all instrumentals except for the first which features Sacramento rapper C-Plus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykC8m3x9Po&feature=related (this track reminds me of some J Dilla poo poo...the rhyming is good too, i hope C-Plus gets some attention)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egfo7R1XtTE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbi2mEbaK4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQlr7vRKT-c&feature=related

free download link for album by Drums & Ammo:
http://swtbrds.bandcamp.com/album/drums-ammo-vol-1-extra-clip
free download link for album of mostly instrumentals by Drums & Ammo:
http://swtbrds.bandcamp.com/album/drums-ammo-vol-1

And because C-plus is pretty cool, here's a video by him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7d57GEeag

Rah! fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 25, 2011

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Welcome to the New Zealand Hip Hop Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-W-VC3F_yc

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Brain In A Jar posted:

Welcome to the New Zealand Hip Hop Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-W-VC3F_yc

Not bad at all. Better than Mac Miller anyways

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

The rapping done by the features on "Interlude" are better than any rapping Wayne does.

Tech always comes correct, but Andre's verse was a nice suprise.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

The Only One posted:

Tech always comes correct, but Andre's verse was a nice suprise.

A very nice surprise. Probably the peak of emotional response from me on the album. At least the features on this album are pretty good, Wayne's rapping style is just embarrassing and sounds... amateurish to me.

He says he "puts it together... common denominator." :doh:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Carter this Carter that, get on your Honkey Kong poo poo.

it's as good as eastern philosophy i think. 'i dedicate this to you' is the most :3: track ever. also he goes so hard on 'holy ghost' :stare:

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 25, 2011

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Yea Carter 3 was better than this. I don't know why he seems to have been regressing since 2007, maybe syrup really was his muse

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
Waynes rapping was better than anything he's done for a while. I had some fairly high expectations for it since the two singles I heard were better than anything I've heard from in years. I though I was done with him, but this album lived to the expectations. It has great production, great features (except Tech N9ne lol), and Wyane's rapping is a little better than it has been. less lazy at least

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

chopper city posted:

the post where fans of a certain rapper get criticized for posting about said rapper's new album in a thread about rap

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 25, 2011

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Teepkick Shakur posted:

You don't want to listen to music about guns or money but not only did you list a rapper who is literally named after a gun and raps about guns and money (and drugs), you also named Childish Gambino who raps strictly about getting money in order to get girls, and you listed Dre and Jay. No explanation needed there. How do you reconcile your wants with your reality? I cant. :cmon:

Listen I get it. You're new to rap and you don't quite understand it yet. Thats fine. Welcome to the genre you probably didn't even consider a genre until you heard your first Eminem song. Heres a few things you should understand though. First, the genre revolves around repetitive beats and is also largely based on the acquiring of ends, hollow tips and licks to hit and if you listen hard enough you'll find that just because a rapper touches on the subject there are small and often times subtle details that make the rapper completely unique and those are the things fans find enjoyment in. You want to be a fan right? Of course you do. I don't know if you actually listen to music or just skim through it but even Childish Gambino (if you recall you enjoy this guy) touched on it.

So late to this party, but relevant(in more than a few ways) and excellent line from Jay-Z on Renagade

quote:

Motherfuckers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

mistermojo posted:

The Genie has made zero of your two wishes come true...

There's like three or four good songs on it, but "How to Love" has to be one of the worst things Weezy has ever released, and that's saying something.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Professor Funk posted:

the post where fans of a certain rapper get criticized for posting about said rapper's new album in a thread about rap

murder beats? get hoes? there's an Ap for that

Power Smith
Aug 23, 2011

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

This album is really weird. The rapping done by the features on "Interlude" are better than any rapping Wayne does.
Nah, Tech N9ne is tremendously boring. That verse is a textbook example of how to be really technically skilled while not having anything interesting to say. He might as well just be scatting.

Andre's verse kills, though.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Prison kills rappers. So appropriate Carter 4 had Shyne on the outro. When is T.I. out? They all need to do a collabo.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Housh posted:

Prison kills rappers.

I was hoping for Weezy's All Eyez on Me or Underground Kingz...

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I don't think we'll ever get the weed and syrup Weezy again :/

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

Housh posted:

Prison kills rappers. So appropriate Carter 4 had Shyne on the outro. When is T.I. out? They all need to do a collabo.
In addition to what hai mentioned, Soulja Slim did some of his best work after getting out of prison. Black Rob is still nice. Wayne just stopped giving a poo poo a few years ago

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Is it really news to anyone that Wayne doesn't give a poo poo anymore? Wayne hasn't given a poo poo since TCIII dropped. The only poo poo he's put out worth listening to since 2008 is the No Ceilings mixtape.

TCIV may not break any ground or even be at all impressive, really, but it's still a much better offering from him when compared to poo poo like Rebirth, I Am Not A Human Being and Sorry 4 The Wait.

SkandalousPanda
Jul 14, 2004

ya diiig
The guy who started his career by shouting "Wobbly Wobbly" is disappointing us lyrically? How could this be???????

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
I dunno if I should be embarrassed but I've been listening to riff raff sodmg for a minute.

http://youtu.be/iXZbc_zhrJg
http://youtu.be/ET2-9zK4tVQ

poo poo slaps for me. Been listening to TKO Capone too: http://youtu.be/hqR9NA_rfLk

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:
Weezy's best verse will forever be the "drap it like its hat drap drap it like its hat" from Back That Azz up.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

Weezy's best verse will forever be the "drap it like its hat drap drap it like its hat" from Back That Azz up.

I've always been partial to his verse on Shine:

"Dog I got cake like everyday my birthday
Wait, I don't think they heard me
I say dog I got cake like everyday my birthday"

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Umm I'm pretty sure its

"Plus a blue and black ferrari,
with Nintendo and Atari,
Man I swear this car is awesome."

also awesome from that song, even though its Mannie F

"I put piss stains on private planes cause its my jet nigga,
Money ain't poo poo cause my Rottweilers drink Moet"

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

All of you are wrong. Top 2 in no particular order:

-Last verse on "I'm Me"

Lets go, Niggas don't want see me cause I'm better and bold
The only time I will depend is when I'm 70 years old
Thats when I cant hold my poo poo within, so I poo poo on myself
Cause I'm so sick and tired of making GBS threads on everybody else

-Opening verse on "Neck of the Woods"

Gangsta to the core
Ankle wrap flamer
Paint your kicthen floor
Wit ur whore
poo poo you can't ignore
Things you indore when u fuckin wit the boy
I blow outta town
grass when i'm outta town
Uptown in the buildin not a sound
Cuz killas don't get heard about
They get whispered about
Or you get murdered out

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

Check my baby mama, whip Rovers not Hondas.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 26, 2011

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Here are a couple tracks from DaVinci's new EP Feast Or Famine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxMSpfZHzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auV62IhPk4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

I've always been partial to his verse on Shine:

Ahahahaha, how could anyone not love him?

I shoot niggaz in the mouth boy pucker up
Sweet sucker tash gee golly what the gently caress
Where the hell all these new pussy rappers come from
I chew 'em up like bubble gum... yum yum

• Locked thread