Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Threatis posted:

C: his most vocal fans are annoying white kids that seem to be into hip hop for all the wrong reasons.

Explain to me the right reasons to listen to hip hop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I can't flush the feeling of me being the poo poo
'cause I'm leaving skid marks on everywhere I sit

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Jock Mocken posted:

the Lollipop remix owns so drat hard

and yeah anyone tryin to claim that Weezy never rapped anything dope is frontin harder than Paul Wall's teeth

I always liked

My two best friends will accompany me
And right now they're in my dungarees 'sleep
One named Mac, one named Nina
They hit you make you do the macarena

I thought Wayne was pretty okay before that song, after that song I loving loved him

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

When it's time to rhyme you know I gets nice: Heretofore unreleased Beastie Boys performance for Chappelle's Show season 3. I miss Dave too. :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPLLEIUYnlk

Viacom has been pulling down the videos. gently caress those pricks.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
yeah i mean that's just like so low and such a lovely thing to do i can't believe there's someone there that even thinks it's a good idea

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
El-P's new album just isn't catching me like his others did, but holy loving poo poo Killer Mike, man.

I feel like El used his best beats for Mike, but drat, it's sort of okay because Mike just loving kills it over them.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone know if Baauer is going to be with Danny Brown on May 14th in Indy? Livenation lists the show as Danny Brown and Kitty, which has me considerably less excited. I'm still gonna go, but I'd M U C H rather see Baauer than Kitty loving Pryde.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
i mentioned i'm seeing danny brown and kitty pryde in a couple weeks and was just wondering if you could point me toward something kitty pryde has done that isn't just loving awful

that one song with riff raff was almost okay but that's about as much as i can give her right now

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Still not digging her. I thought Baauer was supposed to be with Danny :(

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

They were two different tours. Baauer/Brown was Worst of Both Worlds. This is the Old N Reckless tour. Those first dates had always been announced as a quick two week (if that?) tour.

I'm doing the Meet and Greet at the Danny Brown show tonight because why the gently caress not? I love the guy and I'll get a poster!

Ah okay. That makes sense then. I'm still super pumped to see Danny, but yeah, I'll probably wander around and maybe smoke cigarettes and get drunk while she stands around and mumbles on the mic.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I can't believe I'm saying this about an album that just came out today but good lord I think this thing is going to become a classic like Can Ox. I haven't heard an album I like this much in a long time

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Mike is so loving cold in Get It it's unreal

Also I can't remember which song but he calls out The Throne. Ice in those veins son

vanbags posted:

I'm genuinely perplexed that an El-P/Killer Mike project already has more replay value than a new Kanye West album.

I've been a pretty big Yeezy fan since College Dropout, and I can't believe two white dudes from New York and a fat southern dude have released two small records in the same month as a new Kanye album that just absolutely kill it in every way.

This has been my favorite month for hip hop maybe ever

The Automator fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 27, 2013

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Hip Gelatinous Cube posted:

Hype and premature dick-riding aside, what else is coming out before the end of 2013 that could challenge this? Danny Brown's OLD? Or Earl's DORIS? I'm probably missing a couple of big ones. Anyone?

I'm a pretty big Danny Brown fan, but I don't think Old is going to be the fire that I hope for.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

asap-salafi posted:

Apparently people are saying kanye is more influential than radiohead which I simply can't comprehend. It's quite interesting?

Yes, quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv50blqv2XE

The Automator fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 9, 2013

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I have an awkward teenage kid mow my yard and he wears two little gold chains with crosses and I yelled TWO CHAAAAAAINS at him once to offer him a bottle of water and he just looked at me really weird

True story guys

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
holy gently caress yessssss

http://www.themaskedgorilla.com/danny-brown-action-bronson-announce-2-high-2-die-tour/

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
It's only like 20 minutes and it's such a good 20 minutes

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

The video having Elke the Stallion and Minaj booty makes up for it all though

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

farmtrill posted:

this lovely year of rap

you've got to be making GBS threads me

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Going to see Danny Brown and Bronson on the 24th. Why couldn't the show just be one week later :negative:

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

How has noone shared this new Lupe Track in the last few pages? It's in-loving-credible, 7 minutes of Lupe on top of his game again.

https://soundcloud.com/lupesoundcloud/peace-of-paper-cup-of-jayzus

Probably because its Lupe fiasco.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

If you guys have a chance to see the 2 High 2 Die tour, do it. Trash Talk was awesome, Action Bronson was awesome, Danny was awesome. While not as many people were into Bronson, everyone was going nuts during Danny's set. Nothing crazy different setwise, if you've seen him before but still awesome. And now that I know the lyrics to Dip, it was even better!

Going tomorrow. Hate punk music so I was sorry to see they didn't have a better opener. I'm REALLY looking forward to Bronson and Danny is a great bonus.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Dude's turning into a giant turd and this video pretty much ruined everything that made me like him in the first place.

Compare it to the Danny Brown video or the El-P/Killer Mike one and Riff comes off as a total rear end in a top hat.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
It's funny when he whines that he doesn't get label money to mass market him so he doesn't get exposure when there's tons of (better) rappers making their own way via social media these days

Also I always thought his name was really stupid

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
New Bronson video

http://www.complex.com/tv/shows/fir...Y5f3u1dasH-fuYU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Profondo Rosso posted:

what could possibly make ross think people want to wear a picture of his fat gut???
http://store.mmgselfmade.com/body-tattoo-slim-fit-t-shirt.html

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
off the top of my head

Danny Brown - Dip
Action Bronson - Alligator
2 Chainz - Mainstream Ratchet

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

gently caress yes

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

TenaciousTomato posted:

:laugh:

codeine/promethazine i think

yup

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
new season of their show started last night, he's touring with eminem too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
gotta say i would have *never* expected danny brown and aesop rock on the same track

i like the beat, but man, danny sounds super out of place

also definitely go see danny brown live at least once, i saw him while he was on syrup and he was really, really good, i assume he's even better now. it's definitely a white people jumping around and crwod surfing type of show though, so keep that in mind

• Locked thread