Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

poo poo maybach music has yet to disappoint me (except for wale i don't give a gently caress about him)

My boy works at Zenith Studios where they make all their poo poo....MMG got some hot hot poo poo on deck man. Wale is actually not on that Lex Luger tip at all, from the sound of the stuff he is recording. They are trying to position him and Stalley as the alternative to the trap poo poo wit ross pill and meek, and supposedly the beats from The Olympicks and Inkrediblez are really fitting their style. I'm looking forward to their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

K-Flow posted:

that's from his blue carpet treatment album which really wasn't bad at all, had some really good beats. or maybe it's just nostalgia from when me and my friend would ride around in his car with a system

edit: for instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZauKQd5Wo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lFy0F-8Yo&feature=related (great dre beat)

My favorite Snoop song most people never heard that slaps hard as poo poo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXxmZxp304

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

Jock Mocken posted:

So is Ricky gonna promote Gunplay to the Maybach A squad now? He should.

Gunplay has made a ton of improvement since he was selling his CD's at Carol Mart (he still is) a few years ago. If Waka and Plies and Gorilla Zoe can be legitimate unit movers (debatable) then Gunplay can play in that street-thug lane, especially with the MMG machine behind him.

Rollin is hard as gently caress and still slaps hard in clubs and at street parties all through the south
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEOw2DvpWrg&skipcontrinter=1

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored
Back on that MMG/Gunplay tip...here's the MMG remix of Future's track. Pretty good re-working of this one, and Gunplay holds his own.
http://www.thefader.com/2012/03/15/future-f-rick-ross-wale-gunplay-and-meek-mill-same-drat-time-remix-mp3/

Ross is really expanding MMG with quality guys, unlike Cash Money with washed up busters. Heard he has Emilio Rojas, Omarion, and Don Trip on deck next.

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored
Hate to come across as an MMG shill but they're really putting out some hot poo poo nowadays. Stalley was a cat I was checkin for after Lincoln Way Nights. Just got a chance to hear some joints off Savage Journey To The American Dream. The beats from Block Beattaz are HOT. That poo poo slaps real hard man. Sometimes his flow throws me off a bit but I'll be damned if it ain't a good project. Heard Ross might sign Block Beattaz to MMG too, that would be a dope move. They made Wale a #1 album. Stalley isn't someone whose name has cache but I can see this album being hot on a slow burn. No links but check for it.

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

doctor thodt posted:

DJ Khaled x Scarface x Nas x DJ Premier x J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YC_PJzKHFg

this is khaled's best offering. really nice track

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored
P'nut or Lil P'nut was a local guy in Carol City, he used to hand out mixtapes and CDs, hang out at CarolMart, be at all the fish fries, cookouts, etc. He was just a runnin buddy that was well known in the streets. If you ever went to CarolMart for the jerk chicken and saw the cats posted up in the back blunted, you saw P'nut. He was shot last year in North Miami. CarolMart is the flea market that is the basis for one of Gunplay's videos where he chases a dude through the stores.

Glad to see folks coming around on Gunplay. When I started posting on him way back he didn't get much love, but he is a lot more exciting than most rappers out now.

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

dethkon posted:

You from Miami? I spent the last few years living there and going to FIU but I did end up spending a lot of time in Carol and OT (don't ask, ha). I actually really enjoy North Miami, I never had any problems there and met some cool dudes.

Anyway I was happy to see Miami rappers getting some real exposure this year. Dalé.

Born and raised, which is actually a rare breed down here nowadays. I am finishing my degree in Tallahassee, though, and it sucks rear end.

Actually, Tallahassee has some decent rappers coming up. I'll post a few links when I get home. Ice Berg is probably the next Miami rapper to come up, although I personally don't like his style.

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

THNDRTHF posted:

Yeah it's Jay Rock, I spelled it like the dude from Trailer Park Boys my bad. Hadn't heard them before, probably won't keep digging, but some good poo poo nonetheless. Absoul has some cuts I like on youtube tho.

Would rather listen to Jay-Rock and the Rock Pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyDirt
Apr 27, 2005
Chairman Of The Bored

alansmithee posted:

Yeah, saw he signed to Def Jam. Which does that mean he's off MMG? If so, gotta say that crew doesn't look nearly as good. Don't know why they hosed around promoting him and getting his stuff out for so long. He was barely on the self-made stuff, and at all the big events dude always seemed absent. Either way, hope he does well cause he's got talent.

He's a cokehead. He skips shows, is unreliable, doesn't promote. Lots of rappers claim you can catch them in the streets but it's not uncommon at all to see Gunplay walkin round the streets of Carol City high as gently caress or posted up at KOD. He's not off MMG at all, his Def Jam deal is a solo one but he is still MMG.

• Locked thread