Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
I do some volunteer work writing concert reviews and music articles for the local independent radio station here in St. Louis and was sent to review the Cee Lo Green concert tonight.

Hoodie Allen opened and sounded great, but the real poo poo went down halfway through Cee Lo's set.

He sends the girls in his backing band offstage and asks if we knew where he came from and what he did before his fame with Gnarls Barkley and the new album. He goes on about Atlanta and poo poo and says "Here, let me introduce you to my family" and brings out Khujo, T-Mo, and Big Gipp.

The four of them nearly tore down the house running through Cell Therapy and Soul Food. As they went off stage, Cee Lo said they'll have a new album coming out soon.

Am I the only one who didn't know they had reconciled to the point where they were going to record again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

dethkon posted:

That's amazing. I didn't know they were back together either, I would've been spazzmatic if I was there. As for re-union records though, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Sadly, most of the crowd was there to hear 'Crazy' and that 'Forget You' song from Glee and had no idea who the Goodie Mob were. What was really cool is that they only had two mics so they were passing them back and forth between verses. It was pretty sweet.

Cee Lo said that they already had some tracks recorded, so it may actually happen.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

John Brown posted:

Being from the south it hurts my heart to admit that I've never heard a Goodie Mob album...this must end so which should I go for?

'Soul Food' is a great album, as is 'Still Standing'.

If you don't have it already, you'd be doing yourself a great injustice by passing over Dungeon Family's 'Even in Darkness'. It's a collaboration album consisting of Goodie Mob, Outkast and Organized Noize among others. Excellent fuckin' poo poo right there.

On & On & On
Crooked Booty

quote:

Also: I suck at writing reviews apparently and could use some improvement. Any pointers?

Yes, I have a few.

1. Read other reviewer's work and critique it, especially if it's a show you've seen or an album you've heard. Also ask other reviewers that you respect to critique yours.
2. Ask your editor for rewrite suggestions and don't get pissed if they come up with some things for you to change, even if it's the whole article.
3. Don't compare hipster bands to anything but other hipster bands or they'll get sand in their vaginas and piss and moan on Facebook, even if the review was positive.

You can PM me if you want to discuss further, no need to derail the rap thread with unrelated content.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Robert Analog posted:

Korak posted:

Please don't encourage white people to write rhymes.

But what about MC Chris Snow Die Antwoord...

Eh, never mind. Forget I posted this.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Hey, Yelawolf has potential!

I enjoyed seeing Hoodie Allen open for Cee-Lo Green a couple weeks back. At the show I attended he was spitting poo poo at about twice the speed as he is on everything I've seen posted to Youtube and had an amazing flow. Everything I find online has him rapping slow as gently caress.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

chopper city posted:

Yeah white people suck whites stay out of hip-hop

is rugged even white? oh well

I was being facetious. I enjoy me some white rappers, which is why I purposely skipped over listing Lil Wyte and Eminem. I also rock some 3rd Bass from time to time when I need to relive the high school days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

HatchetDown posted:

For those who might find it amusing, Daddy X from the Kottonmouth Kings got stabbed in the neck.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/02/daddy-x-kottonmouth-kings-stabbed-in-the-neck-lead-singer-hospitalized-surgery/

My dad gave me an odd look when I laughed hysterically when I saw that pop up on his computer while he was online the other day. Mainly because it instantly made me think of ATHF...

• Locked thread