Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So my SECOND LG G4 died on me and I'm waiting for a warrantied replacement.

My roommate let me borrow his old unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy S5.

Is there anyway to get it to work on Sprint's network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alright so Best Buy covered my LG G4 that died from a manufacturer's flaw and gave me a $699.99 gift card. Thinking of going Galaxy S7, should not having a removable battery worry me?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Killer Queen posted:

Why would you get a Samsung phone when you can get a Nexus 6P, a more solid phone without Samsung TouchWiz crap, and pocket the $100 difference?

$150 difference, actually. They are offering a free crappy TV with the galaxy s7, though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Do you need a free crappy TV? The 6p is a better long-term investment.

Haha, the LG G5's are BOGO on Sprint's website but after two G4's dying on me in less than a year I guess I'll be going with the 6P.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah that's the most important thing to me. I already cashed in a 40 inch smart TV from the last Best Buy gently caress up (they sent me a $1K giftcard when my last G4 died but only $699.99 this time) so I'm all set on the TV front for now. I have my landlord's 72 inch in the living room already. I just got laid off so I'd rather save the difference in case I need a router or a bluetooth speaker when those inevitably die on me.

I do like HTC though. I dropped one of my old Droids out of a moving car and it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alright, got the nexus 6p and I love it. I had to switch to Verizon because no stores in my area carry SIM cards for it...and the verizon store down the road had a ton in stock. I was only planning on doing it for a month and then switching back to Sprint but Sprint sent me an email with a $300 service credit offer to come back but no specific details.

Does anyone know the specifics of this?

Edit: I did want to say that the Nexus 6P isn't that comfortable to hold compared to the Galaxy S7 but the S7 seemed laggy to me compared to my 6p and even my old G4.