Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Just LTE, no 3G. The story actually just got weirder. As I drove home from work last night, I noticed it was loading emails and my LTE was working perfectly again. Same on the way to work today. Then as I get in the office today, it stops working altogether again. My LTE doesn't work in certain parts of town (I live in a hilly part of L.A. where my LTE symbol turns into 1X and stops working ) but never like this where it continues to say LTE. And I've never had problem with LTE in this part of town until installing the carrier update and new iOS yesterday.

EDIT:

Went on walk at lunch to see how far my LTE deadzone is. After approximately .6 miles, my LTE turned to 3G and worked at that speed, then after 30 seconds switched to LTE and worked at those speeds. As I walked back, it died again, still with the LTE showing up.

If it's only happening in specific areas it's possible it's the towers your phone is connecting to. Call customer service and let them know you're having LTE issues only in specific places. They should be able to put in a ticket to see what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Wizard of Smart posted:

Apple tends to artificially limit quantities to increase demand, then capitalizes on that by releasing first in their own stores, and then through dealers.

This happens with some model every iPhone launch. See the iPhone 6plus, rose gold iPhone 6s, 64 gb 6s plus, and so on.

gently caress the rose gold iPhones! gently caress them hard. The 6s launch would have been a thousand times smoother if they has sent sprint more than like 5 of those pink pieces of poo poo a week.

8one6
May 20, 2012

dexter6 posted:

Has anyone gotten the unlocked iPhone 6S to work on Sprint? I've heard you need to buy the Sprint model if you ever plan to go to Sprint.

I've seen rumors of putting an activated Sprint SIM and it works but nothing confirmed.

You may need to take the phone in and have them add it to the inventory. I used to do it all the time in the command center. You will need a sprint sim but an unlocked 6 or 6s should work.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Killer Queen posted:

Why would you get a Samsung phone when you can get a Nexus 6P, a more solid phone without Samsung TouchWiz crap, and pocket the $100 difference?

I will second the recommendation for the nexus 6p. The only thing the GS7 has going for it over the 6p is being waterproof.