Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Call the Consumerist hotline in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alman posted:

Sorry, should have been more specific. I had the iPhone 4 back when I was on AT&T (obviously not anymore), dropped it in the toilet one drunken evening, and worked fine afterwards, only noticeable damage was the water damage strip being red. I don't plan on making the same mistake and testing out what he said happened to his EVO.

There's a Dilbert for everything:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There is a Sprint/iPhone thread in YOSPOS, the latest rumor linked there is that the iPhone 4 is what Sprint will get next month, and then the iPhone 5 will be a tri-carrier simultaneous release next spring.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CapnBry posted:

My monthly bill will go from $59.99 to $69.99 due to the premium data addon. I am a bit concerned because it listed the $10 fee twice, but I guess I'll see how that works out.

Hmmm, $10 for a smartphone plus $10 for a 4G phone. I think you would have already had that first charge from having a Hero, right? Or was the Hero fee-exempt?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does the Samsung Replenish run Samsung's custom-brewed Android (a la the Epic) or does it run normal Android?

Also, what happens when you dial 1#?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I got my parents onto Sprint on 1/1/2010. They have two lines on a family plan, what kind of upgrade can they look forward too?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Each line would get a full upgrade? Or just the primary one?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Awesome, thanks!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Unless they've changed things, you can add TEP any time, but you can't make a claim until after 30 days. You can also remove TEP any time, but you can't re-add it for the same phone.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I thought yearly upgrades weren't being phased out until December 2012?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

We don't know iPhone pricing yet, or whether it'll even be allowed on SERO - that would be the cheapest iPhone plan ever.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Just adding fuel to the rumor fire:
iPhone 5 specs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Good thing that doesn't affect phones alone.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mark Larson posted:

I'm not even with Sprint

So why are you still here?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Namlemez posted:

Link? Are you referring to the charging problem here or just the keyboard? I'm bitten by this:

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/sprint/topics/lg-optimus-s-not-charging

Back one page

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nothing's sure. Latest speculation is early-mid October.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Phones that Sprint will no longer sell

Evo 4G, Echo, BB Bold 9650, Sanyo Innuendo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Blakkout posted:

While we're somewhat on-topic, would you recommend the TP2 over, say, the Replenish or Rumor Touch as the best phone for the $30/mo. plan? Right now I'm still using a TP1, which was poo poo BEFORE my screen started being moody. I'm looking for something else to get me through the next year or so, until I jump on this iPhone bandwagon. I'm not too heavy on browsing the web, but I'd like to be able to look up directions and check Facebook and such on the phone. This low-level web browsing capability and cost are my two main concerns.

I've been reading that the Replenish isn't being allowed on the $30 plans. I'd like to have some official word on it either way.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

We don't know yet as we don't know what plans this supposed iPhone will be allowed on.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

yellowjournalism posted:

You seriously have no idea how much poo poo I had to go through to get my warm phone replaced with a hot phone.

Way to convince me to get TEP, Sprint, you zero-4G-coverage-wherever-I-loving-go Assholes.

I'm really sick of this, should I just try to get it replaced with a Galaxy S II?

If you have no 4G coverage wherever you loving go, is it really worth it to you to get a 4G phone?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah I'm just thinking why pay the extra $10/mo for a service you're not using.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Casao posted:

I might've missed it being mentioned, but do we have any idea how available these will be at release? I know in the past there were long lines and people not getting them, how likely is it I could walk into a Sprint store next weekend and walk out with an iPhone 4S and a contract? I know it's speculation, mostly wondering if I missed some leaked numbers or anything of the sort.

All we know is that Sprint's goal is to sell 8 million iPhones per year.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alman posted:

This may have been mentioned (or I guess it's just obvious), but maybe as an FAQ answer, the iPhone will require the $10 premium data add-on. Also, it looks like the iPhone 4 will be available about the same time as the 4S.

But will it be allowed on SERO plans?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

hotsauce posted:

I'm not trolling, but will the iPhone 4S on Sprint really be fast enough data-wise to use bandwidth-hungry apps (Slingbox, HBO GO, Netflix, etc)? When I tried Sprint about 6 months ago, the 3G EVDO rev.A data was painfully slow. Couldn't even watch Slingbox without constant blocks and freezes. Frustrating.

I mean, AT&T is not speed demon, but on my Nexus S I can easily stream all the above. I'm considering Sprint, but no way can I deal without having real 4G or LTE or at least a connection as fast as the current HSPA network on AT&T.

Thoughts? I just forecast a lot of pissed off people when it comes to consuming data heavy apps on Sprint since their 3G connection really isn't that fast. Add in a few million new users and, well, it can't get much better.

We're going to have to find out tomorrow about the EVDO Rev.B upgrade which will increase 3G speeds, specifically which phones will be compatible with rev.B

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

People early into a contract and chomping at the bit for an iPhone 4/4S should wait for the iPhone 5 when they're further along in their contracts. It will probably be a 4G phone anyway.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

You can use an iPhone on $50 SERO, why not just do that?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Has anyone considered that it's probably Apple telling Sprint that they can't put the iPhone on $40 SERO?

And yes, the iPhone will sell like hotcakes and so many of its users will use so much data, that revenue is needed to upgrade the network just so it can at least cope.

Once there's a 4G iPhone the issue will be moot. Sprint may downgrade the iPhone 4/4S to $40 SERO, or they may not, but enough people are going to move to iPhone 5 that it won't matter.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

RagingHematoma posted:

I have a SERO plan and was paying $50 a month for service on my Epic 4G. Once I switched to the Optimus S, my bill went down by $10. I wasn't expecting that.

You should have, it's in the OP:

quote:

First things first. All you die hards who refused to change from SERO, you have been rewarded, if you want to pay more money.

$30 - SERO - dumbphones only
$40 - SERO Premium - smartphones
$50 - SERO Premium - 4G phones

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

brc64 posted:

Is it bad that I want a SGS2E4GT purely because of its name?

If you get one, you should get a vanity license plate with that on it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

bobula posted:

If I go on a trip to Canada and text my friends who are with me (we're all on American AT&T or Sprint [me] plans), will I be charged anything extra above my unlimited texting plan?

Yes, call in and ask for the Canada Roaming Plan to be added to your plan for as long as you're visiting. You'll get reduced roaming rates.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Auron posted:

Yup...phone plans are next, I'm assuming sometime next year.

You know this how?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So I've got a friend with a EVO 4G he bought at Best Buy last February. The USB port has stopped charging. He says he paid for a warranty for the first time in his life, but Best Buy is giving him a runaround since he's using an aftermarket battery. He can't find the stock battery so they say it will take several months to fix.

What can he do? I've told him that the USB port on the EVO 4G dying is a known issue and that he should take it to a Sprint repair center. Should I repeat that to him?

EDIT: Oh, and another friend who claims he got a robocall from Sprint saying his plan was being discontinued and replaced with another. After some prying I think the call may have been referring to the recent changes in TEP et al, does that sound more likely? I told him to call *2 and ask for details.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 22, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Duckman2008 posted:

Have him take it to a sprint repair center and they will order an exchange at no cost. Known issues are an exception from the $35 fee.

And in my opinion, he should drop best buy black tie protection and get sprint insurance if he wants a protection plan. I still say the stupidness of best buy policies more than makes up for the no deductable with their plans.

Well they charged him the $35, but he's getting a replacement.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I thought the 850Mhz was being reallocated for CDMA voice traffic.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

berzerkmonkey posted:

If I am going to buy a phone off of Craigslist, how do I confirm that the ESN is clean? Do I call Sprint with the phone info under the battery?

Yes, or have the seller bring it to you at a Sprint store where they can scan the ESN.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, I was gonna say if you go iPhone 4S you give up 4G capability.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TheBlackMallard posted:

How far will Sprint usually bump upgrade eligibility? I'm 20 days out right now and I'm thinking about just grabbing a 3D.

Two weeks!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Then he should have replaced your phone with an iPhone.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sprint launches $20 Android phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Above the screen, looks like an iPhone. Below the screen, looks like a Blackberry. Between the two, looks like poo poo. For $70 before rebate, it's a good price for a meh phone for people that don't really want a smartphone. Ones of them will be sold.

May as well get the Replenish and save $10/month.