Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
Hello, I just thought I would ask before posting a link outright. Can I post a link from blurb to a childrens book I wrote and illustrated?

Poohat666 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
Yes, it is indie to the indieverse. There will be a new one posted in the next few days or weeks, not sure yet. And I am currently drawing writing one that will take a little bit longer. So there will be a reason to check back on that blurb page over the next while because I plan on many more.

The story written on the Blurb is called 'Where do cats go when you are not home?' etc and was originally drawn 10 years ago or so and sat around on my computer for ages so I decided to finally do something with it. I hope it is enjoyable and hopefully will lead to other things in life.

Cheers, enjoy.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2321789

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!

FingerbangMisfire posted:

This is adorable. I noticed you got a good amount of attention on Facebook, too. Anything in particular you did to promote it?

Thank you,

I think most of the comments there are family and close friends.I just posted a link to it and a few people bought it. I really wish I could bring down the price a bit. I am not overly concerned about profit. Mainly just getting as much of my stuff out there as possible and slowly build up a clientele etc. The price turns people off and its not very profitable on my end either. Well it might be if I sold hundreds of books.

I am making more, there is a new one that is done I am just waiting for it to be looked through and posted etc.

I think this stuff helps just to build up a resume/portfolio etc for if ever I get a job doing something along these lines. lol yeah right...

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
I have a question regarding the Kindle self publisher, when I submitted my book and looked at the preview pages seemed to be missing, does the previewer only show certain pages in the book and not allow to see them all?

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!

FingerbangMisfire posted:

I think the previewer shows you everything.

Was it missing pages *after* a certain point?

I uploaded it in PDF format and then when I went to preview it seemed the pages were missing (when I went forward) but when I went backwards it showed them but there was no way to see the first page. I am uploading a picture book etc, should I use a different format than PDF? When dealing with kindle?

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
I use open office, is there a way to combine multiple Jpegs. into one file using that
program? When I tried to use the doc. function it just opened up 20 pages etc.

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
Hi again, been a few weeks but my newest very odd childrens style book is out!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/2139373/e7c7bdd9642fc3f86be5201c8431a167ccb713cb?ce=blurb_ew&utm_source=widget

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
I aint making poo poo, the blurb books are way too expensive. I wish I could sell physical copies for 99cents. Support independent artists!

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
I made 40 bucks my first book and that was August, since then no sales. Its fine, i'll keep making them whether anyone reads or buys them . I just enjoy making them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohat666
Jun 15, 2011

Believe for free!!!
Hello again, I have decided to release everything I have done in my life for free because my mind is melting. Everything is in PDF format and I hope it will be downloaded and printed out and left in strange places all over the world. There is more to come as I scan it. There is so much I did that at one time I thought would take me places, a lot of it sat around for ages. I am full, I am done.

http://www.scribd.com/leon_lapointe

And here is a song...
http://youtu.be/IzkAwCs5bnI

• Locked thread