Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Slide Rule posted:

I still owe stuff to When Worlds Collide and lamb (lamb, I need your address again, honey!) but count me in--I loved making the stuff by hand:

Send me anything, as long as it's inside the envelope I don't care if it's NWS (I just don't want my mailman looking at me funny).

You don't 'owe' me anything, but you know I'm a total hypocrite because I owe something back to a couple of people too. I guess I can't talk. No rush though, I'll be here awhile, and if I move or have to withdraw I'll have the presence of mind to inform lamb.

I like to fill envelopes with as much bullshit as possible, so when I get started, people can expect odd postcards and brochures about whatever I can find here. If you're lucky, I'll send something handmade. I might even draw something. I felt rushed in the Vday thread and didn't exercise my creative muscle much, and this thread is a little more relaxed with respect to time restraints which suits things very well.

Here is an easter picture with my address. CARROT INC EVERYBODY DUCK AND COVER

Address redacted for now. :)

I'll copy/paste the demographic and other info from last thread.

I'm another old wench on the forums (41- LOCK UP YOUR GRANDFATHERS), I live alone, but I'd rather have no genital drawrings and definitely clean envelopes as my postlady and I are acquaintances.

*edit- actually dick pics are ok, if they're only on in the inside, AND really lifelike.

I want to thank lamb for her dogged determination and huge contribution in the last thread, as well as starting this one.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

If only I wasn't poor right now I'd so make you an octopus plush. It's kind of my specialty :3 I too absolutely love any cephalopod related things.

You're kidding right? Your cards were amazing! I was so impressed with how much care you seemed to have put into them, you really were one of the many people to set the bar pretty high for both quality and content.

Oh hell no. I think I only hand drew one piece of artwork that one poor soul got, the rest was all store bought. Although, I did manage at some point to find really pretty cards, there were a few different ones that I really liked.

What I loved was the stuff you guys did with your own hands. Your valentine was one of my favorites. My bulletin board is covered in everything from SA relevant stickers to magnets to artwork, and I love it like that.

What would you need to make a cephalopod plushie? I have some fabric crap laying around.

I might have some interesting stuff to throw in this time. I have a couple Obama campaign stickers now from my old job (they made some for a client) and other random assorted weirdities like the christian based anatomy folder for kids. Truly disturbing and I love em. I still have some bindi too, loads of it actually. Not to mention, I've bought some embroidery supplies too, so if I get some time alone I can crank out some internet stitchery.

Ahhh the possibilities!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Well, last time I also was short on cash too, so for some envelopes I shoved whatever I could find in them. Then I'd get some extra money and go hit up some dollar stores, then I'd run out of money again, bla bla rinse repeat. This time I'm more organized and I have a nice stockpile of stuff here that I'm excited about sending.

And like I said, I'm primed for some actual artistic contribution this time. I plan on raising my own bar, however I will probably not do so much stickering. The real fun will be inside. As well it should be. :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

I just learned today that April is National Card and Letter Writing Month. I better step up my game!

FYI, For all of you who like to go sticker crazy on your cards, Sticko/Jolee's online has a 20% off sale going through today with code NOFOOLIN.

HopefullyWild posted:

Abby c/o D. D'Evelyn (I'm using my employer's PO box, don't get me fired)
*redacted
Bookworm, video games, twisted sense of humor, etc. etc.
I like Star Wars coloring books and practicing German.
Sent out twenty Valentines that are "lost forever" says my post lady. :(
Also - WhenWorldsCollide, get any mail lately?

I feel like I've been paged twice here. :D

HopefullyWild, you are the sweetest thing! I got my package yesterday (or whatever Friday was) and it was the best thing. I am picking up whatever work I can grab right now, and when I got home it was outside my door. You're the bestest. I love Turkey Lurky and he's got a place of honour in the studio. Candy *drool* and the best part was the card. I loved the quote. Very timely for my situation lately, I pride myself on being a stoic person but I had a righteous cry the other day and was feeling kind of silly about it. Your card hit home in the most warmest way. I already got something to send your way, I'm excited about it.

I have -got- to get my poo poo together and start working on stuff. New relationship and all, I've been spending a lot of time with him. But we're bound to get sick of each other at some point, so, the fella can hang out with the guys for an evening, it won't kill him! No matter though, he's gotta sleep sometime. :ninja:

Oh btw HopefullyWild, which address would you want me to use? This PO box, or the one on your envelope from V-day? Doesn't matter to me, either way. (and thanks again, sooo much) :glomp:

I will post pictures when it's not 8:25 in the blessed AM! (that has to be read in Col. Potter's voice)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 25, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

HopefullyWild posted:

The PO box, please. I had to leave the little house in Prescott. Hooray for you! I'm looking forward to it, life's not so comfy right now. I'm so, so, so glad you liked it! The taffy's made here in town by a really sweet local couple in their 80's. That quote's helped me a lot and I'm glad it got your way. It's all totally selfish, though, as it makes me entirely too giddy when someone enjoys a package I sent. I couldn't figure out how to safely send a real cactus, hope the ones on the box counted. :v:

Also - to all the V-Day folks - I put together 20-25 Valentine presents I'm afraid are "lost forever" (says the mail clerk). :smith: If you sent me something and didn't get a response, please know that Marvel superhero taffy, coloring books, balloons and Valentines were sent your way. I'm going to make it all up to you in THIS thread, promise, as the money makes itself available - HA. My sincerest apologies on behalf of our hick dysfunctional post system. Boo.

Well, I was trying not to gush in my post, because it's SA and all. But I know how you feel because I loooove sending things too, I like receiving and always appreciate it but I definitely love the feeling that I've made someone's day. And you definitely did, I was awww'ing the whole time. The taffy was awesome (notice the tense, hehe) and I love that it was made by two grandparents. The cacti totally counted, I love them and I actually draw them myself sometimes. I remember the desert, though it's been years since I've been down there. BUT, the real purpose of this post was to say that I hope things get better for you soon, and you will get an envelope full of love from me soon, we'll just pretend it's still Valentine's. (I can sense that it would be love well sent, right now).

Boo at the mail, too. That's terrible and how dare they lose your packages. :(

Anyone else sent/received anything yet? Can't wait to see.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Just checking in to say that I haven't sent anything yet. I suddenly got re-hired at my old job (been jobless waiting for uni, then courses filled and funding ran out before my turn) and hit the ground running, I've just worked some overtime, today was my sixth day. I have two days off now but they're filled with errands (and no small amount of sleeping in) so I will be another week or two, April and early May is really busy for me. I just didn't want anyone thinking I bailed like a lamer.

Either have tons of time and no money for stamps, or tons of money and no time. Ack I hate it. But I'm working, which solves a lot of problems, so I can't really complain. I'm gonna fit super happy letter mail sending fun time in soon.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

Thread will not die!

I sent out a bunch of Easter Bieber cards yesterday. I think I've used up all of my Bieber stuff. I'll have to find something new to send. Hmmmm, what's Miley Cyrus up to these days?

Ahaha, you're awesome.

I got something from Team Lunch today! Thank you!! The awesomeness includes a robot card that I fell in love with, some stickers, and some coloring to do. Brightened my day, it did, and robot will be going on my corkboard of awesome. I gotta post an updated picture of said corkboard soon, yeow. It's changed a bit since last time.

Thank you again Team Lunch, you're awesome (and talented!). :)

(I should have used the word awesome more in this post damnit)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^ ooh. That's a long probation.

I had a visitor from out of town for the past week or so, but today I went and spent fifty bucks on stamps, so I should be starting up shortly. Finally.

Last week I got a letter from lamb, this is my third and I was chuffed to be Biebered. Loved it lamb, thank you again, you snail mail viking. :3: I should get some photos or scans soon of the last few mails I've received, I'm behind as usual, real life busy etc.

I also got a couple of things from the dolla store today on my way home, can't wait to start sticking stickers on things. I miss sending mail! I gotta page a few people to see if their addresses are still current, I want to send something to Raaaaaaaachel and a few others still.

Thanks again lamb, it's going to be difficult to top the Bieberbomb, but I'm up for the challenge :clint:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I've got a few envelopes I'm finishing up today or tomorrow. I have a question for lamb though, I want to print out the address list but I have to do it through Staples because I don't have a printer. I tried saving the document as a text file and it killed all the formatting, and I don't think Staples will let me queue an html file for printing. Is there another format that you have on hand (spreadsheet maybe) that you can give me?

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

I put a spreadsheet version here:

side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

The html version is also up to date: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Bless. I hope you're prepared for a tackybomb in a couple of weeks. ;)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you Team Lunch for the envelope of awesome that somehow ninjaed it's way through the postal strike. It's a revolving strike so I guess Canadian mail is merely slowed down, not stopped altogether. You really really made my day and I love the word search, and was happily surprised to see my username in there. :3:

Rest of thread- I am extremely sorry, I have some envelopes that are partially done but I haven't sent a thing yet as they aren't finished. I've been going through some personal issues that have me a bit on the depressed side and I'm finding it really difficult to motivate myself about anything.

Is HopefullyWild still around, and is the last known address still current? Also hoping that Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachel hasn't moved because these are going to be finished and SENT before the end of the month. Pretty sure if lamb moved, there'd be notice so I'm not worried about you, lamb. There's a couple of others, too.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I got another envelope of awesome from lamb, I think it was last week? Postal strike delayed a lot of mail, not sure when you sent it lamb. Thank you so much, you Mercurian queen (of communications, get it? hyuck). It was a nice thing in a month of lovely things. :3:

I'm evil and horrible. I haven't sent a thing, even though I've tried every time the last few times I've posted in this thread. I start working on it then more lovely events happen. It's been a hard couple of months again, not trying to make excuses but it is what it is.

I'm kinda hesitant to even post this, I'm not big on posting what sounds like excuses but I don't want you guys to think I'm diving in goon mail like Scrooge McDuck in his vault, laughing while not reciprocating (which is really the part of goon mail that I love and want to do). I felt I owed an explaination at the least. Christ, I still even have $75 bucks worth of stamps sitting there! Ugh.

I'm really sorry, I can't wait till this current fog of gently caress lifts and I can get crazy with the stamps and stickers again. I'm gonna withdraw until I am able to send stuff again. I hope the thread lives on so I can come back and start sending some stuff!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I've been dealing with a lot lately and my stress has just been through the roof. Thank you so so much Skels. Your card was fantastic and it was just the kind of pick me up I needed.

Same. I got it in the mail this week. Please be patient with me, I am definitely sending you something back but it might be a little bit, it's a bad time in my world right now. Check my post history if you want to see what's going on. But I was thrilled to get word from you, our exchanges in the past were a delight and I want to overflow your mailbox soon as I can. :)

I also got something from Hopefully Wild and the same goes (hope you're able to see this, have been thinking about you since I get your card). If I remember though, she said she might not have internet access right now. I might be wrong though, I don't trust my memory right now. The sad thing is that I already have something started for you (and a few others) but I just had to stop working on them with what's been happening.

Sorry ladies. You're awesome and -please- make sure you keep your addresses updated cause I can't say when, but you ARE going to get mailbox bombed with assorted silliness at some point soon.

*edit- if anyone sends something to HopefullyWild can you mention that I've got her mail, but have been going through a death in the family. I have been thinking about her and will send something as soon as I've got the headspace. Thank you =)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 22, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Hypothetical Mcgee posted:

Has anyone gotten one of my cards? I am starting to get worried that the mailbox ate them. :ohdear:

I haven't checked my mail much lately. I generally have been checking it once a week. Today I found an adorable postcard from you. It made my day. :)

I also got a badass Halloween card from lamb, an amazingly adorable card from Cara in Australia, a Budapest scene from Keetron and kids, a pirate-y envelope of goody from Team Lunch, and something from Abby which I remember mentioning a while back, as I was concerned about her address change. I am glad she is back in this thread now. I hope things get better and more stable for you!

I feel like an utter snot for being remiss in my thank you's, not to mention for full-stopping on my outgoing mail. Yeah, it's been a hell of a year, not much more to say about that. Every time I start to get over something, something else comes out of left field and flattens me again. Hoop de dooo. I'm hoping to start up again soon. I don't want to say that and then get hit by a truck tomorrow or something and have to delay again (the way my luck has gone), so I'm not going to be decisive about it yet, but going to admit that this thread is always in the back of my mind. And the things you have all sent have been awesome for me, SA is kind of like the little thing that is mine right now, that gives me some escape and it's meant a lot to me. The good news is when I am ready to start up again, I've got tons of oddities at the ready, and stamps besides.

You're all awesome and I hope you all have overflowing mailboxes!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
A big thank you to lamb and cuntvalet! I got my first xmas cards of the year today, and they were received with much enthusiasm. :D

Just last night I finally started on my veeeery overdue packets. I have ones for lamb and cuntvalet done, and Hopefully Wild's is almost done (just have to stuff some more stuff in the envelope), as well as a few more that are in various stages of done-ness. Got tons of stamps, it's about friggin' time that I can get back into this.

AGAIN I am sorry for being a horrible person (I should stop with that, I don't wanna be like toilet guy with the excuses). Everyone who sent something to me in the past few months should be getting something mail-y soon. If I have enough supplies I'm going to send some xmas cards to new folks in the thread.

I have so much weird apropos of nothing poo poo to put in the envelopes. Nothing involving tentacles, however.

Thanks for your patience and kindnesses, folks. The mail I got during these past few shitmonths really loving helped more than you could know. :glomp:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cuntvalet posted:

If by "allowed" you mean can you? Yes. There's no application. Just choose people with groovy usernames or that strikes your interest and go forth and mail!

I have a question for you. I have just addressed a card for your mom (it's going to be a difficult xmas for me too, without my aunt, so I definitely had to send her some xmas cheer) BUT, her address is different than yours. I am hoping your card has the right address on it, so is the Brantford one the right one? Or, the return address on your card which is Waterford? I'm so confused, please guide me, fellow Canadigoon :D

I noticed this when I did your mom's, I had put the Waterford address on yours, then the Brantford one on hers and went, erp, I think that's different.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

1337 haxxor pirate posted:

Palette_Swap - thank you thank you thank you for the fantastic letter/package! Before I send yours out, I want to know what makes you super happy and how much of it do I need to send to get more of these HumanKind cards? I can't find them anywhere online. Let's not clog up the holiday cheer - my email is abbyflutterby at gmail dot com :)

Abby- ohhh crap. I just realized something. I grabbed your address off the list that lamb has, at http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html . I sent your xmas card there, to a Chino Valley post box.

BUT, I just was looking at the postcard you sent me in August, and the address is for Prescott Arizona. Which one is the right one? Did I screw up? I've already put the xmas card in the post last night, along with a few others. I hope I didn't have the wrong address. :cry:

Oh well, if I did send to the wrong address, no harm no foul. I have tons of stamps and cards and things, so I'll just send another. :3:

I'm just way too excited that I'm finally out of my funk and doing this again.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^ me too :D

Thank you to Mizufusion and Apathy Inspired, I received xmas cards from you both! Love them :)

I'm working on my second batch to go out probably by Friday or Saturday. I like that this is putting me in an xmas spirit.

*edit- I just put another 9 or so into the mail. I actually managed to get a couple of International stamps so I wanted those out fast so that they would get there before Valentine's day. So, a couple of random non-north american folks will get something soon. And I put some more US and Canada ones with that batch. Going to do more over the weekend too. I want to send something to everyone but I just won't be able to manage that this time. Anyone who sends me something will definitely get something back though, for sure.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 9, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

miryei posted:

Mailed cards to 9 of you in the US!

I've got 4 more (UK/Canada) to mail out. How do I mail international letters? The woman at Office Depot who sold me the stamps for the US ones said I can't send them internationally with just stamps, even if it's only a card, and when I followed signs for the post office I got to a Best Buy. :ohdearsass:

I don't know what she's talking about, but she sounds like she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. ;)

You can send anything overseas that you send locally, for lettermail anyway, as long as you put the correct postage on it and it doesn't have any restricted products inside like fruit.

The only difference is that sending overseas you might have to make sure it's lighter or put a lot more postage on, as they tend to fuss about that once in awhile. Often my international mail goes through just fine though, your mileage may vary.

I still remember the onion skin paper you used to have to use when sending a letter overseas, back before the internet. And the envelopes had the red and blue markings, heh. Correa Aereo, Par Avion, le antique sigh. Flygpost!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cuntvalet posted:

I think it was from When World's Collide, BUT! I did get the one from you, and my Mom loved it. So did I.

You guys have been so amazing.

Actually, she wanted me to pass on a message to all you goons:

TO THE GOONS WHO HAVE MAILED MOMMAVALET
This has been a tough Christmas season, what with trying to get back to work after being on sick leave for nearly a year, and of course, it being nearly one year from my Mom's death (cuntvalet's Nan).
Each of your thoughtful cards and little treats packed in the cards have been unexpected joy. Thank you all for your thoughtfulness.

Also, Apathy Inspired was it you who sent the card with the stickers in it? I know there was a pink raccoon sticker and a robot. Well, the funny thing is, my Mom pronounces 'Robot' as 'Row-butt'. Hilarity ensued. :3:

Seriously you guys, seeing my mom smile so much has been the greatest Christmas gift of all. :3:

Might have been, some of mine have red envelopes but I'm sure I'm not the only one with CHRISTMAS CARDS with red envelopes. Ahem.

Your post warms my heart, I'm glad Momma is enjoying her mail. :3: I might have to drop something else in the box for her.

PS, you have another card coming if I remember... I think I messed up and forgot. Haha. One was a late Easter one, and then I sent another xmas one (in a red envelope) with this last batch. Oh well, better too much than not enough!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 10, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Phew! Just sent another batch, I've sent around 25 to goons, and another 20ish to my family etc.

I always try to put something inside the envelope in addition to a card or whatever, sometimes I find some neat stuff other times I only have some odd stuff. So please be aware that I send weird non sequitur stuff sometimes. A few years ago one goon was bewildered almost to the point of offended because of my envelope stuffing, hehe. So I apologize in advance if I send anything uninteresting like a postcard. I try to find interesting things at least!

I *might* send another batch out, but as of tonight I think that's the last. I have used up all my xmas stamps. Happy holidays everyone! See you for the next special event/holiday on the horizon. :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
A big thank you to the Genesplicers, Aunt Buck, nonpromqueen, and Vixenella and Alkaphanel. I have received cards from all of you the past couple of days!

I had decided the day after I mailed my last batch that I wasn't finished yet, and so was doing another batch to go out, but I haven't been to the dollar store yet for stickers so my next batch is going out Monday. I refuse to send anything that has no surprises inside! :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Psychogirl posted:

There's a psychoguy?

I'm sorry but taking your username into account, that is the cutest post I've ever seen on these forums. :glomp:

Giggling over here.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Keetron posted:

I see a trend...

This goes beyond a trend, this seems to be habitual.

Heeey don't you feel bad! I read your writing just fine. :)

Dabby posted:

Oh hey so I received a bunch of cards :)

And last but certainly not least, WWC! This lovely goon sent me a bunch of cool things along with the card. Evidently she's a spiderman fan. Or she hates spiderman, which is why she sent all this to me. I liked the cool, hand-drawn-looking postcard best though. Not sure what the Wii promo thing was all about; quite random.

Thanks goons! And Merry Christmas back atcha!

Ha! Well, I have a policy to never send mail out without enclosing SOMETHING inside. What I have on hand varies, but I go to the dollar store when I can as well, so that I have things to put in. It's actually quite challenging to find things that are flat-ish and don't weigh too much, I have had things returned for insufficient postage before and when I went to resend them, it cost a bloody fortune because of the weight and thickness. I try and keep them trim so that I stretch my stamps further.

Spidey is ok :D I don't hate! The postcard is an oldie that I found, apparently they got some little Inuit kids to draw a winter scene for expo 86 or some poo poo like that. I thought they were so cute and funny, and a little bit odd. So into the goon mail pool they went!

The Wii thing is something I got from my old work before my job ended. Well, I used to work for my aunt in her marketing business and she's gone now, gently caress cancer. But she used to let me take weird stuff home that we manufactured like decals or ribbons or baseball caps or clothing or magnets. Numerous goons have gotten some stuff from the old biz over the years.

The Wii thing was to be added to the bottom of a button/pin for some promotion, which is why the sticky part is on the face and not the back. They had tons left over so I grabbed some, I always was on alert for video-gamey stuff. The round stickers some goons got (wish I had of grabbed more, grrrr) were also one of our old work's jobs. That'll be the last of the work trinkets, I haven't worked there since she died. My uncle's kept the business going but they can't afford me. I've been unemployed since, trying to figure out what to do with myself. It's been a really rough couple of years, but things will get better. :unsmith:

tiddlez posted:

I got a really awesome card in the post on saturday morning from WWC, shelley! Is that When Worlds Collide? :) thank you so much, it really really made my day! I will save photos to see if I get any more mail.

Yes yes that was me, you guessed correctly. Glad it made your day! That's the point of it all. :)

*edit- oh poo poo! I forgot... I sent out some more envelopes tonight to some more folks. I am a bit late so I'm doubtful that they'll get there before xmas, but as long as they're there before NYE I'll be happy. Had some family stuff come up but everyone who sent me something as well as a few others from the list has mail coming. Cheers.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 20, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I haven't gotten any goonmail at all yet. Please tell me someone has received a card from me! I hope I put enough postage on... Some of them were a little thick!

I don't mind at all! I'm one of those people who tries to stretch that good ol' holiday feeling as long after Christmas as I possibly can. I never want it to end. :smith:

I sent you something, but I sent it before you corrected your address. I would go there and let them know you might have had mail sent there by accident, or ask the Post Office about it. :)

*edit- thank you Team Lunch! There was something in my mailbox today. Dude, when I think of 'Christmas', Batman is the first thing that pops into my head. No joke! :glomp:

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 20, 2011

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Team Lunch posted:

Thanks to everyone for the cards- I hope you are enjoying the ones I've sent out. A couple envelopes came back requiring more postage so I hope everyone gets their card :ohdear:

Ohhh that is my nightmare. But even worse, if they DO deliver it, but postage due! How embarrassing...

quote:

Also, to Marsattacks, I only knew 1 of those 5 shark facts!
To Genesplicer (and family): I completed the mission (turn star wars coloring pages into a festive holiday display) to the best of my ability :effort:

Was kind of difficult because Chewbacca was without legs.

That is stellar. I haven't done mine yet, been too busy. Thanks for reminding me!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

A whole TON of goonmail going out today! (well not when you compare it to what Lamb has managed)

It took me forever, but here it is! I hope it all makes it out to everyone ok! It was really hard choosing who to send things to but I'm sure I will be sending out more again.

It IS hard to pick! I want to send to everybody but this year I did not have the resources. Maybe next year. I'm sure people understand, I sure do. :)

Thermophonic Joy, I got a very heavy card from you today! Thank you sooo much, there are SO many goodies in there!! I really hope yours reaches you but if it gets sent back to me, I will remail it STAT. I loved it and you made my day! Thanks again!

I'm in a great mood, it's been a good week for mail! :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I would like to know if there's anyone in this thread who has not received anything, or has only received one or two things.

Thank you. :)

Happy holidays everyone. Got tonnes of stationery for xmas, cards and stuff, and I'm totally anxious to send more stuff!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've got one card so far, but I suspect there'll be more coming after today.

I second this request! I got a ton of stuff to send out now too!

Oh good. You probably will get more now that your address is sorted. Did you get mine?? It hasn't come back so I'm hoping that it found it's way to you. I just get scared that some people take it instead of putting 'return to sender, addressee not here' on it! Those people are baddies! And it's actually highly illegal to open someone else's mail, but it's a very difficult crime to catch someone doing, so most people don't give a poo.

The people who arrived at this thread for xmas cards should probably let us know if they want to continue with goon mail, because we carry this thread through the year and observe all manner of holidays and non-holidays. So if you only intended to participate in the xmas card exchange, drop a line and inform lamb if you want to be removed from the list. But I highly encourage you to stick around, the awesomeness that is goon mail goes all year long!

And there was discussion awhile ago as to whether we should make a new thread, or keep with this one. I vote keep with this one. Lamb is still around, and still very active (in fact, she's a snail mail powerhouse) and she has done a lot of work putting the address list up online, and keeping it maintained nearly to the day. So I don't personally feel there's any reason to carry over into a new thread. My 2c. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Raaachel posted:

I've been a bit inactive after moving AGAIN, so, if someone could please update/add my address to the list, I'd really appreciate it. :3

Raaachel
*redacted

That would be awesome! Also, I'll be sending out a bunch of stuff soon! AND, my birthday is January 15th for anybody that likes making birthday cards. 8)

Oh nooo, you did move. I sent you something! I am going to assume you didn't get it... but no worry, I'll send something again! (I sent the last thing to NY)

Also thank you to Hypothetical McGee (googly eyes made me laugh), Drei (yaaay homemade! bestmade), and cardboardRobot (homemade too with activities, woohoo). Actually technically Ms. McGee's constitutes as homemade as well, so I got 3 for 3. Love them and thanks again! (Drei I hope it is ok if my card is not xmas, I figured we have been there done that. Hope a generic pretty card is acceptable :3:)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 25, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Are we a buncha cat ladies up in here?

Ok, guilty as charged. :( At least Ozma's in here with us, we are not alone.

cardboardRobot, your idea sounds cool! Who doesn't love connect the dots??

Keetron, I loved my Budapest postcard from you. It was brilliant!

I should do some sketches and send some stuff that is homemade, now that the xmas rush is over and I can take my time with things. Would anyone like a gimped xmas Angel that came out of a portal funny, that I made awhile ago? Her DNA must have gotten a bit mixed up in that portal, cause she sure came out wrong...

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 2, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Raaachel posted:

When worlds collide, I actually got your stuff! The NY address is my parents house, so when I went home for Christmas my mom gave it to me! I'll post a picture. A very big THANK YOU for my letter! I loved it! I've missed getting goon mail so much!

On a side note, I hope everybody had a very happy holiday and welcome to 2012! :D

Yaaaaay. I am very glad. I am always paranoid about addresses, I may be slow but I get there eventually. And sometimes people move in the meantime. And then I feel bad and bla bla bla.

Ozmaugh posted:

What whatty what what? OH I'M A CAT LADY, HUH!

I'm mad at everyone in this thread because, like I said, clearly no one got my card but every other post is wah wah oh garbage day you're such a wonderful mans and non-cat person aren't you just amazing?

Pray tell what else are ye, woman. :colbert:

You being mad at the thread reminds me of your old Garfield av. Bahaha. GARFIELD THE CAT (I actually miss that av!)

Nobody wants a munged up angel? She's munged up on purpose, it wasn't just bad crafting! I swear to god one of you's getting her, so someone should take one for the team. :3: Imma pick a name at random! I already got lamb back for the Bieber crap via unicorn horsies and pink.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Ozmaugh posted:

I'll probably send out valentine's stuff in a desperate attempt to curry favor.

!!! There he is! Gracious thanks! Garbage day schmarbage day. Now I'm craving Indian food...

cardboardRobot posted:

I feel bad for stepping up to the plate since I've already gotten quite a bit of mail. I'm not sure how much stuff everyone else has received so if no one else says sure then I'd be happy for it. But if someone else wants it then by all means give it to them. I love anything and everything anyone sends me. Weird stuff and handmade stuff all the better however.

Sweet! She has an upcoming home. Thing is, I have the stuff to make like 5 more so don't worry. I can make many more Chernobyl 'angels' should they be required. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Hemlock posted:

Did you read on another thread about me and my friend’s whale-theme gifting, or were those stickers pure, marvellous, coincidence? Either way- thank you so much- they are amazing! She is in her last year of uni and I will undoubtedly be sending her some post over the next few months- which will now be amazingly blinged out with these stickers. Thank you WWC!

You're very welcome. I did not see the thread with the whale gifting, that was totally coincidence. I love when that happens! Glad you can use them on something fun.

I'm glad you posted photos of the Genesplicer's great homemade card, I was also really impressed with the stamps and little calendar we received. My camera is being snarky and so I haven't taken any photos for awhile, I should however sort that and post a pic of my haul. The envelopes themselves are works of art and fun.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

A thank you to Fluffy Bunnies. I heard all the confetti in the envelope before I pulled out the card so I avoided spilling it everywhere haha. And a thank you to Topenga. So much glitter! :argh:

Oh mah gawd, same! Thank you Fluffy Bunnies, your card made me laugh. Yes I am loving sick of snow... although we haven't gotten any yet in rainy BC. loving snow I am so sick of you not falling! I got stars though. And they're better. :D

Thank you also to 1337 Haxxor Pirate, SO glad to hear the mail got forwarded and happier to note a new address. Woohoo! My mail anxiety is eased and I can send that other thing I had here for you.

And thanks again to the Genesplicers, the OG of goon mail. I love your handmade cards! I will take your zombie warning to heart.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

mysa09 posted:

I sent out about 30 Christmas cards a couple days before Christmas. None got sent back but the mail man wasn't very happy that I put a lot of stickers on the envelopes. :ohdearsass:

Put me back on the list for Valentine's Day Cards!

*redacted

What? Did s/he actually say something? It's legal to put stickers on envelopes. Do not let that bully bother you. :colbert:

The mail keeps coming, here. Today I got cards from Comrade Koba and Jendawn13. Thank you both, I love them! That's one of the things I love about goonmail, there's so many different neat pictures on the cards and stuff. It's awesome!

Gott nytt år!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 25, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Niemat posted:

Awwww, thanks! :3:

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down either. :( Maybe we can make the case that we're the all year round, hard core snail-mail goons who need a separate thread...? :black101:

Agreed. I was expecting this thread to move forward with Valentines, a few of us were ready to proceed. I bought some Valentines yesterday and was going to print out a copy of the address list. The purpose of this thread was to cover all the holidays and keep things organized rather than have a bunch of threads all over the place. I am not going to abandon it. :glomp:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I think I remember sending you mail last year, vegemite. Welcome back! :)

Drei posted:

Holy crap wwc, thank you for the gorgeous card! I love peacocks, and the fake Canada money made me nostalgic for my university days.

Yay! Glad you liked it. The peacocks are a bit over the top, but I think they're nice in a fabulous sort of way. FABulous.

The mail lady is not dealing with the weather very well, and she's skipped our building entirely a couple of times. But, I did get a really lovely mail from my nearly-neighbour buddy Famine Poodle. Thank you, you made my day! I was wondering if you had seen some of my posts around the forums, because the lava lamp sticker was very topical, I'd been posting about them in another thread somewhere. I was tickled and I love that sticker! Thanks again :wooper:

I guess I better get to it and start sending out some Valentines... It's getting drat close to February! I got lazy for a couple of weeks after the xmas rush. The last xmas cards I got will be reciprocated as Valentines, which I'm sure nobody will protest too much. :love: (<--- it beats! eek!)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 18, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Wasn't there someone's birthday near Vday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^^ :rolleyes:

mysa09 posted:

I'm trying to get Valentine's Day cards to everyone. I have alot of stickers and Dollar store valentines that consist of Batman,Harry Potter, Disney Princess's and Hello Kitty. :D Expect alot of glitter and random (heart related) objects.

Also..Anyone want to send a get well card to my poor cat? She has a fractured leg. :cry:

Awww. Hope she's feeling better soon. Poor kitty!

I totally want Golden Girls Valentines! I'm watching re-runs of that show right now, haha. I got bored waiting for the next seasons of things like Breaking Bad. The Girls rule man. :colbert: