Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a latecomer to the holiday card exchange last year, but I've got a stash that's been growing all year to send to goons, so until/unless there's a dedicated holiday card thread, I'll just start working my way through this thread.

K Wolter
760-0080 Kagawa, Takamatsu
Kita-cho 3423-1 Dolphin Kita 2 #405
Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

No, you'll want to get an international air mail stamp. I believe they're $0.98 currently but they'll be $1.05 soon I think.

You can actually use any stamps as long as they add up to the correct postage. The USPS website has a handy calculator: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

You'll want to write 'air mail' on the envelope, but the postage difference between air and surface mail is large enough that they'll know what you mean if you forget to write it.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I would love to do a candy exchange if anyone is interested in the wild world of Japanese candy that isn't Pocky! (or Pocky, if that's your thing.)

I sent out a bunch of Christmas cards, and now I'm writing a poignant love story across the back of a bunch of post cards that will be sent all over the world. Goon mail is the best!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

Goons are the best! I've been having the shittiest time at work over the last few weeks, but coming home to love in my mailbox from goons made it all worthwhile!
Thank you Encephalopathy, nonpromqueen, Tendai, Famine Poodle, Keetron for all the goony cheer!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

:siren: Mega urgent request :siren:

I need to acquire a Specific Japanese candy (that might not even exist anymore) as quickly as possible. I'm looking for Meiji cotton candy that turns into gum. Any/all flavors. I can pay you or do an American goodie exchange, whatever works out.

Now that that's aside, I got some awesome goonmail from Aunt Buck and Miryei as well as a holiday goodie package from The Pit Goddess! Replies incoming. :neckbeard:

Is this what you're talking about?
http://catalog-p.meiji.co.jp/products/sweets/kids_character/010407/12754.html

If so, I'll look for it, and would be happy to exchange for Reese's or gumdrops or other tasty American treats (if I can find it.) It looks like cola is the only flavor...

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Yes that's it! If you can find some let me know and I can send reeses and gumdrops of many variety.

I bought out my local supermarket of wata-gum, and I also picked up a similar thing called wata-pachi. You'll have to let me know how it is.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

LyonsLions has the Reeses gotten to you yet? I feel like I owe you more :ohdear: My boyfriend LOVES the cotton candy gum. It seriously made his Christmas. :iamafag:

Probably. I'm out of town for the holidays, but my boyfriend says I got a package from the US, so that's probably it. Thank you so much, it's very appreciated! And don't worry about it, the candy was cheap and because it was so light shipping was cheap too, so no problem!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'll be back from my holiday travels soon and I've still got holiday cards to send out, then I'll get an early start on Valentine's Day.

I would love to receive cat stuff, extreme connect the dots, and any other fun thing you might want to send me!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

Rufus En Fuego posted:

One left!

cuntvalet
Niemat
cardboardRobot
-D-
Famine Poodle
miryei
hyperhazard - note to rub on crotch
Munchausen
13Pandora13

I hope I live up to the hype. I dropped an extra $40 on you dirty, dirty bastards. :ohdear:

Me please!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

lamb posted:

Also, I encourage all cat people to out themselves for some goodies I've been collecting.

Major cat person here!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

cardboardRobot

Thank you for the card and connect the dots! Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly when I got it because I was out of town for the last two weeks and it came somewhere in there. As soon as I get it done and colored I'll post pics!

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

Some belated goonmail updates! Got an adorable kitty postcard from Thermophonic Joy a few days ago that really brightened my day! And (this is really late) around the 4th of July I got an envelope full of America from lamb! It's one of the more homesick times of the year for me, so I was really happy to get it. Thank you generous goons!

The last few months have been hectic, but things have calmed down a bit and I'm getting some goonmail ready. Does anyone want to do a candy exchange again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

when worlds collide posted:

PS Frank Burns eats worms. Just thought I'd spread the word.

What say you, Ferret Face? I've had this idea in the back of my mind for M*A*S*H themed goonmail for the last few holiday cycles but just haven't put it together yet, probably because I'm not very artistic. I'll keep working on it...