Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Edit: Thank you, everyone! :)

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Got a super sweet card and tons of other fun goodies from LAMB. I've never done any paper craft sculptures, so this shall be a new and exciting experience for me!

Also received a very realistic drawing of a goon from FHISTLEB & HEADCRABPIE along with some neato doodads and a dolphin magnet. Now I have not one, but TWO magnets on my fridge!

Thanks guys and/or gals. :3:

edit: More emphasis for the names of nifty people.

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 28, 2011

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Holy cow, this thread has exploded since I visited it last!

Got a kick out of the spectacular "Herpy Derpoween!" postcard from Hypothetical McGee. Thanks a bunch!

Things have been rolling slowly on this end due to job stuff, but I shall be sending out a bunch of special holiday goodies, shortly. :)

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Just got some lovely goodies in the mail from Team Lunch and Marsattacks. Thank you so much!

I sent out one batch of cards earlier this week, and will have another batch going out within a day or so. Hooray for Goonmas! :3:

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Received an adorable penguin card from Ruby Sprinkles...

...and a Santa Mario card from IMJack (seen here with Jerry the Stormtrooper).

Thanks, goons! :3:

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Received this bright and cheerful parrot card from Tendai in my mailbox. Thanks! :)

Nice to see everyone is starting to get their Christmas cards--I sent a bunch out at the last minute. Hooray for planning! Now, to find more fun stuff for Valentine's Day!

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

AuntBuck posted:

edit: Hey Pillory Soft, your card got returned to me today. Hope you don't mind a New Year's card. Would you mind reposting your address?

I don't mind at all! :3:

My address is:

Edit: Removed from mailing list. Thanks, everyone!

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Picked out an assortment of Valentine's goodies, and am ready to spread some Goon love!

Keetron: If you are still doing requests, I'd like to see your interpretation of a grindhouse Cupid. I will gladly draw you something in exchange (if you have a theme in mind, just let me know). :3:

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

lamb posted:

I thought this might be of interest to you fellow mailgoons:

http://riowang.blogspot.com/2011/12/language-of-stamps.html

You may have been sending secret love messages all this time without even knowing it!

Pretty neat stuff. :) If any of my stamps have been stuck on crooked, it probably meant "Man, I really need to cut down on the coffee..." or "Ugh, allergies!".

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

cuntvalet posted:

Would anybody be interested in receiving a hand drawn Venture Bros valentine from the mind of cuntvalet?

I would like a Venturetine if it's not too late. :ohdear:

This morning I was feeling artsy and made a small batch of Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign Valentines if anyone would like one.

Also, many thanks to jadedhula for the lovely Christmas card!

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

:stare: I would definitely treasure a Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign Valentine. We went to Pennsylvania when I was a kid, and I always regretted not getting a hex sign! :saddowns:

Also, everyone's making awesome Valentines!! Makin' my store bought ones look bad!! :argh:

That being said, anyone up for some strange puppy Valentines with vaguely creepy messages inside...?

I will gladly send you a hex sign for a creepy puppy Valentine. :3:

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

cuntvalet posted:

Pillory Soft

I just received your goonentine! It was the first one I've gotten! :D Oh my heck. Candy andandand bookmarks andandand stickers andandand spongebob.

Ohmyheeeeeck.

Happy that you enjoy the goodies. :3: The little PA Dutch Valentine will show up separately since I'd already sent out Spongebob.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

My letter to Pillory Soft came back today. Has your address changed, good goon, or am I reading impared?

Also I am game for mailbox assault.

Should still be the same!

E: Removed from mailing list. Thanks, everyone!

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

AuntBuck posted:

I think one of your mail delivery people doesn't get your username. Can you post your first name or just your initials so we can make sure stuff gets to you :)?

C. Booth

I hope not too many people have gotten things returned because of the username. :ohdear: I'll ask lamb to add it to the spreadsheet just in case.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Just got a swell bundle of goodies all the way from Alaska from Locutus of Bald. My camera just couldn't capture the super-cuteness of the lenticular kitty Valentine no matter what the angle, but I love it. Thank you! :3:

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Went to my mailbox and had a Goon Mail explosion!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I dropped my phone the other day, and they've been coming out fuzzier than usual. :sigh:

Tragedy Sherbert crocheted a nifty little coffee cup warmer, which is very nice. Although the envelope looked like it had been tortured by the USPS, the postcard inside made it through just fine. Hooray for the Valentine's Turnip!

Received a cute Hello Kitty lollipop Valentine, puffy lime sticker, and an eraser from Aunt Buck. Thank you! :3:

Lamb sent a giant packet of all sorts of goodies, including a sweet little crocheted heart. There's also a cow in a sombrero, which I love. Yay, cows in silly hats!

Even more fun stuff from Team Lunch, including foamy stickers, bracelets, a paper airplane, and so many Valentines. I've never actually seen the hidden objects in any Magic Eye 3D image, no matter how many times I tried. Maybe I'm broken? :ohdear:

Suzie McAwesome sent me some adorable My Little Pony and hamster stickers along with a Fortune Teller/Cootie Catcher. I got "Let's Dance!", so I busted a move.

Got this hilarious creepy puppy-tine from Niemat, along with some Angry Birds and heart stickers. Great stuff!

Thanks a lot, everybody. I've been having a crummy time, lately, and this really perked me up. :)

Edit: Images removed

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Unexpected Road posted:

Thanks Pillory Soft for the goontine! The dutch hex sign is awesome.

I'm thinking about sending out some Hobbit themed valentines too. Anybody up for some Smaug love?

I would truly enjoy some Smaug love. :swoon:

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Another mailsplosion, today! Thank you so much for all of the sweet Valengoon's Day goodies! :3:

hyperhazard - What up, fellow Maryland goon? :hfive: Was up in Baltimore in December to see John Waters and had a great time. That trip taught me that just because there's a row of cars filling an entire lane of traffic, that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is actually in them.

Becktastic - I took this envelope as a challenge and constructed a special goony scene using all of the paper doodads and stickers inside.

13 Pandora 13 - This envelope contained Ron Weasley, PLUS magical candies that turn into gum! Who could ask for more?

Thermophonic Joy - Super cool handmade Valentine's card, free music downloads, and ALL of the stickers! :dance:

Aunt Buck - Ponies and Scooby and Muppets, oh my!

Miryei - Goon love is glittery love!

Devi Electro - More awesome handmade Valentine goodness, Hello Kitties, and confetti as far as the eye can see!

Cuntvalet - Mega-rad H.E.L.P.eR Venturetine drawn with Goon love and beep boop boop!

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 11, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Speaking of 20inch :colbert:

Can someone figure out where the hell I went wrong?

I've had this happen with perfectly legit addresses before, and just chalked it up to the USPS being lazy, but this bothers me. Wasted a perfectly good scientist stamp.

The letter I'd sent to 20inch's address was also returned to me, today. It was stamped Attempted: Not Known.

It's probably for the best, since the envelope had become all sorts of messed up in transit and the goodies inside were pretty much destroyed. :ohdear:

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Got this in the mail today. Apparently the front half of your Christmas goonmail envelope is the only thing that arrived in Baltimore, and so they mailed it back to me. :confused:

Sorry! It's from way back in December some time, so I can't even remember what was in there other than a card, and maybe some stickers. I sent you a Goonentine too, so I hope that got to you.

You're on the top of my list for the next mail outs! Gonna use a poo poo tonne of tape on the next one so it stays in one drat piece. :argh:

Man, someone working at a Post Office in Maryland somewhere must really hate holiday mail. :argh:

Thankfully, your Goonentine made it in one piece, and I enjoy it immensely!

About half of the mail with just Pillory Soft on it was apparently being returned, which was brought to my attention by a couple of goons in the thread. I called the Post Office to let them know that the letters with the funny name on them were really for me, but it'd probably be a good idea to use "C. Booth" or include a "c/o C. Booth" line under my handle just in case.

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 15, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Sure, I can do that. Does the C stand for Cutiepie? :3:

It actually stands for "a character from a sci-fi novel whose name my parents thought was really cool at the time". ;-*

when worlds collide posted:

One of those might have been mine. I have a usual crowd that I send to, but I wanted to branch out a bit this time, and yours was one of the new names I chose. So one might have been from me. That is very strange that your mailperson would just throw your mail over a fence. Neither hail, nor sleet nor snow? I'll try and resend something.

I believe it was Palette Swap whose mailperson did this. You can certainly send me stuff if you want, though!

Palette Swap posted:

Also bad news, the other day the postman said he tossed 2 letters over the fence, and I couldn't find them, probably got stolen.
So I apologize to those 2 goons I won't answer.

Why would anyone (especially a post office employee) think that this was an appropriate way to deliver a person's mail?

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Palette swap posted:

Chileans aren't good workers, and postal workers are especially bad, postmen charge what they want to deliver your mail, and some years ago here in Valparaiso one tossed thousands of letters and packages down a cliff because he was too lazy to deliver them.

:drat:

when worlds collide - No worries, stuff happens. :) Both of our forum names have P and S in them, so perhaps that could have caused the confusion?

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
More goodies from super cool goons. Thank you! Some cards will be a bit late since I'm playing catch-up (didn't expect so many, holy cow), but I assure you that they will arrive. The last cartridge in my calligraphy pen is almost spent, so I may switch over to the dippy-pen.

Rufus en Fuego - I look forward to putting together the adorable little finger puppet. :3: Also...BEES! And GLITTER! YAY!

OfF KiLTeR - The ticket for "A Taste of Edmonton" made me curious, so I checked it out online. Looks like it'd be right up my alley! As for your note, it's completely true; "Frederick" is the late-20s assistant manager of a local grocery store who dresses up in his favorite vintage fashions after his shifts and heads down to Market Street with his girlfriend to talk about music and politics over beers.

IMJack - Well, then! ;-* Many thanks for the Kingdom of Loathing valentine, sir! 'Tis spectacular.

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 21, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Another batch of Goonentines, NOW with image-y goodness. Thank you!

Tornado Laserfalcon - It's hard to see, but the sparkly heart has some very fine, custom glittery writing on it. It's so perfect and dainty (definitely not like tossing glitter on top of a glob of Elmer's), and I have no idea how this was done. Until I am told otherwise, I'm going to assume the process for making it involved MAGIC. :ranbowdash:

20Inch - Hey, gang! Did someone order an AWESOME Valentine? :iamafag: I love the writing on the envelope and the little Japanese emoticon stickers. Fun!

Topenga - Woo, stickersplosion! I had no idea who the people on the Valentine were until I flipped it over. This is what happens when the only current TV shows you watch are Hoarders and Archer.

-D- - Many thanks for the cool drawing! Darrell the Monkey shall retain his fine name, as he wasn't too keen on "Nanners". :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Kind of a late photo, but I received this bundle of fun St. Patrick's Day goodies from Miryei!

I also received mail from a California goon whose handle I unfortunately can't recall. It included a little dried fruit bar as well as some other items, but I can't find the envelope to save my life. It is my suspicion that it may have been whisked away by a snack bandit. :ohdear: If this goon happens to have been you, please let me know so that I can send you some things as well.

Coming up: Springtime/Easter! :3: