Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gravy Train Bones
Jun 9, 2002

Ridiculous! I wasn't big on dentists before, but now I am a rabid anti-dentite. Aphex, have you considered contacting a dentist to testify somewhere far away from the nefarious dr cockwallet's influence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 9, 2002

quote:

evilhanz came out of the closet to say:

That is what malpractice insurance is for. A successful lawsuit would only mean increased insurance premiums, which get passed on to the customer anyway. Either way, Cockwallet wins.

Unless the settlement, or final damage amount is greater than what he's covered for. I'm assuming he knows it would be, or he would've long since tried to settle and keep it as quiet as possible.

Which leads to the next suggestion, talk to local papers/TV stations and see if they want to run your story!

Gravy Train Bones fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 21, 2002

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 9, 2002

quote:

Kakapo came out of the closet to say:
Take it to the press. Someone mentioned a show like 20/20 before - having your story told on something like that is a hell of a good idea (unless, of course, this horrid horrid excuse for a person could sue you for "tarnishing his good name"). I'm sure the producers could find plenty of other dental horror stories to round out the segment, & maybe you'd get somewhere lawyer & lawsuit-wise that way. If nothing else, everyone will see this guy for who he is, & he'll be ruined professionally.

Yeah, I thought about that too. That's where expert opinion comes in. If a news program hires a dentist to asess the situation, and he says that the other dentist hosed up, that's not slander. That's honest analysis.

Gravy Train Bones
Jun 9, 2002

quote:

AphexMandelbrot came out of the closet to say:
What I -tried- to do at one point was to get on some sort of afternoon female-projected-viewer-base talk show. Something like Oprah, etc.
I recall seeing episodes of medical/dental problems that were 'cured' with a wave of the Harpo Productions wand... things like horrid cleft pal'ets... or muscle dysfunction that prevents little Billy from smiling. There were also a few dental episodes mixed in with these.
I figured if I could make my story interesting enough, that I might be able to draw enough attention to at least have a sliver of a chance. Of course, soon after writing it all down and sending... it hit me how many people send poo poo in a day.

8-Ball says: Odds Not So Good.

start with the local news man. Most local stations have some periodical feature involving regular joes getting screwed by the "man". If the local news runs it, then someone else might pick it up.