Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«64 »
right arm
Oct 29, 2011

so do dj getz MP5Ks suck? I want a non reverse stretch mp5k to go with my POF MP5 and since the POF MP5K is a reverse stretch it's either the getz or the AA one. AA doesn't have the fbi trigger group though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004
fap fap fap

right arm posted:

so do dj getz MP5Ks suck? I want a non reverse stretch mp5k to go with my POF MP5 and since the POF MP5K is a reverse stretch it's either the getz or the AA one. AA doesn't have the fbi trigger group though

He's considered to be one of the best. I might grab one of his Ks, too, but I'd have to see if he'd remove the three lug adapter first.

Remember to buy a firing pin. He doesn't include them with his builds, to avoid the tax.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2014 around 06:26

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

noice, thanks. will probably buy as I'd really like a FBI trigger group

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

POF MP5Ks are up at atlantic

they're the reverse stretches though

SpartanIV
May 18, 2007

Havin' a good time

I really don't understand the hate for the reverse stretch. Can someone explain to me exactly why it's a negative to have stock/receiver compatibility with a full sized MP5? I get that it's 3/4" of an inch longer and some people don't like that, but what other than that?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

I really don't understand the hate for the reverse stretch. Can someone explain to me exactly why it's a negative to have stock/receiver compatibility with a full sized MP5? I get that it's 3/4" of an inch longer and some people don't like that, but what other than that?

It's not an "authentic" K-style design.

Bummey
May 26, 2004
fap fap fap

SpartanIV posted:

Because it doesn't look like the video game gun teenage me video gamed with. vv It's like using a subcompact pistol with a giant extended mag, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a tiny gun. The MP5k was made to be super tiny and (in my opinion) the 3lug and extended rear receiver is counter to the point of the sub-subgun, even if it does make for easier mounting of muzzle devices and stocks. The MP5 is small, the MP5k is smaller. I like small big guns.

There's not much more to it than that.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

pretty much what bummey said along with a higher rate of fire for registered sears

also: the b&t k stock looks baller

Bummey
May 26, 2004
fap fap fap

Too bad the b&t folds to the right.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Bummey posted:

Too bad the b&t folds to the right.

meh I prefer that as it doesn't block the ejection port and it's the same side as my 552/551 folds to

Bummey
May 26, 2004
fap fap fap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

I agree, i don't really like hybrids.

If i get an MP5 clone, i like it to be dimentionally and features wise just that.
If i get an MP5K, same goes.

A reverse-stretch is justa combo of features, something in between, and anyway hey the variant didn't come out of Germany so how can it be any good? haha.

Really though, i just like how short and light the MP5K is, and a R.S. takes away from that....might as well have a standard MP5 then.

«64 »