Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!
I'm surprised no one else thought of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

I'm not even kidding.

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

tiercel posted:

Holy cow, someone else in the world played this game. As badly as I did, even! (drat grass.)

I didn't have very high standards as a kid playing video games, but even this pissed me the hell off. They're Smurfs. It's GRASS. Why the gently caress don't they just go around it or step on it? Worst video game hazard ever.

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

Coleoptera posted:

This was one of the few games I had for this system and it drove me insane. This sums it up nicely:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmzPC-kLQec

Oh my god, I forgot about the hollow sound your head makes when it smacks against the ground. It makes sense, though. You'd have to be pretty damned brainless to fall over when you touch a piece of grass. :colbert:

Edit: Is that a poorly edited version of "Ode to Joy"? Guess their music budget wasn't too high either.

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

tiercel posted:

Worse; it's poorly edited "Simple Gifts." The Smurfs were really Shakers all along. http://youtu.be/kWTDgc96bg8

Oh wait, you're right. I got my songs mixed up.

If I remember correctly, the game was also really loving short...probably because the developers expected you to continually trip and fall over grass.

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

Landerig posted:

Hey now. While the controls are stiff, and the game a bit slow and glitchy at times, it's not a bad game. It has a survival horror element to it, especially since you can't kill the dinosaurs, and that Raptor could wake up any second, and OH poo poo RUN!

Volcano level loving sucks though.

Am I the only one who COULD NOT BEAT the last loving level? When nothing, not even rockets, had any effect on the raptors? gently caress that level.

And I agree with you on the survival horror part. I think what made that game so effective was the realism in terms of human physics. As in, if you fell from a 10 foot ledge, you would get hurt (grunt/health lowered). You couldn't jump up 6 feet. If you fell to your doom, you screamed.

And those loving dinosaurs. Holy poo poo. Those raptors were terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathcake
Nov 16, 2009

get UPI!

Secks posted:

I JUST NEED. A loving. LONG. PIECE.

Great game, though.