Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

kri kri posted:

nzb360 (good android app) is now free since they froze the dudes paypal account. Its kind of a pain to update outside the play ecosystem but oh well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/3ezpyc/nzb_360_pro_is_now_free_indefinitely/

I found their update process pretty painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Nzb360 is totally worth the price he was charging. It would just check to see if there was a new release and just download the .apk automatically and ask you to install it. Very painless. If you download it be sure to donate somehow; maybe using Bitcoins? That app is loving great.

That said I almost popped a blood vessel today when set a new show to download. The files started popping up along the lines of L|_|N1X.1s0. Then i realized that was literally the name of the episode and I wanted to throttle the show writers.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

porktree posted:

Has anyone tried SAB/Sick/Sonarr/NZBget on Windows 10 yet? I have no compelling reason to upgrade, and my SAB/Sick combo has been working flawlessly for months. But the temptation is great.

I have sonarr and NZBget running in windows 10 just fine. In saying that there is absolutely no reason to upgrade, I've spent the last hour or so trying to make windows 10 look like 7.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Tapedump posted:

I'm not getting it, should it be at http://dognzb.cr/register ? I'm doing it from a fresh-to-Dog browser.

I just went through this pain, it looks at the IP as well it seems. For the upgraded account I did the Amazon GC method and it was off the trial in like two hours in my case.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

The only thing about NZBGet/Sonarr that you'll need to be wary of is if you have them transfer files directly to a NAS/another computer and you run them as a service. I had to disable the automatic services and put their icons in my Windows Start-up folder as there's a permissions issue for programs that run as a service that meant they wouldn't detect my network drives.

The amount of time it took me to find that out after multiple computer restarts and fiddling with Sonarr was ridiculous.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Wait, what? Aren't those two rather important functions of an automated system as we dump all our content into shared storage for HTPCs and such?

Wow...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Tapedump posted:

Wait, what? Aren't those two rather important functions of an automated system as we dump all our content into shared storage for HTPCs and such?

Wow...

It's a security thing supposedly when I last read about it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Tapedump posted:

Wow...

The only case where it matters is those who have shared storage, but the storage server either doesn't support third-party software or is too low-end to handle it without an unacceptable slowdown, and are instead running the tools on a Windows machine. If you're running the tools locally on the storage host or remotely from any non-Windows system it's not an issue.

Also it only comes in to play as far as I know if you're using mapped drives. UNC paths (\\server\share\folder\) should work just fine, but some programs don't handle them properly. You can do tricks like putting a "net use" command in task scheduler as the system user or making a symlink in to the share on another disk in those cases.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

So my poo poo is doing fine, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to get Sabnzbd to automatically set categories. I just have my default category and I guess it does ok. My current flow of information is: NZB.su -> Sabnzbd -> PLEX Media Center. So TV shows this works great - Sonarr looks for the shows, sabnzd downloads them, Sonarr renames/sorts the shows, to a TV directory, PLEX picks it up and done.

Now movies:I have a movie category in Sabnzbd. If I start a movie download and manually set the category of the download in Sabnzbd it works - sends my movie to the Movie folder, Plex picks it up. But if CouchPotato gets a download, sends it automatically, it winds up in my completed downloads folder because the category was never set.

So I've seen some stuff about how the indexer site has a category in the nzb file somehow - how do I get Sabnzbd to see that and set the category?

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

I'd just let CP deal with renaming/sorting, sab's categories have always been pretty hit or miss for me.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I haven't messed with couchpotato yet. I've got a sizeable media library that I stream through Plex, but it's desperately in need of some renaming/organization. Can I point couchpotato at a folder and have it do that dirty work? Or is there something better/more appropriate?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

H2SO4 posted:

I haven't messed with couchpotato yet. I've got a sizeable media library that I stream through Plex, but it's desperately in need of some renaming/organization. Can I point couchpotato at a folder and have it do that dirty work? Or is there something better/more appropriate?

You can absolutely do that. It'll pick up any movies you have, similar to Sonarr.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

kiresays posted:

So my poo poo is doing fine, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to get Sabnzbd to automatically set categories. I just have my default category and I guess it does ok. My current flow of information is: NZB.su -> Sabnzbd -> PLEX Media Center. So TV shows this works great - Sonarr looks for the shows, sabnzd downloads them, Sonarr renames/sorts the shows, to a TV directory, PLEX picks it up and done.

Now movies:I have a movie category in Sabnzbd. If I start a movie download and manually set the category of the download in Sabnzbd it works - sends my movie to the Movie folder, Plex picks it up. But if CouchPotato gets a download, sends it automatically, it winds up in my completed downloads folder because the category was never set.

So I've seen some stuff about how the indexer site has a category in the nzb file somehow - how do I get Sabnzbd to see that and set the category?

I decided to dig into this.

It turns out you can "Pre Process" an nzb in Sabnzbd. This means running a script on the nzb file when it gets added to the queue, but fore you start downloading. http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/user-pre-queue-script

So delved into that, this guy made a script that looks at the "Group" of the nzb file and looks to see if the group contains any of the major categories: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=6885

Unfortunately because the internet hates me that guy wrote his thing in bash, which as it turns out you can't even god drat use on windows without some bullshit third party application. And there wasn't any obvious windows versions of his script. So I wrote one that does what I want, using what the guy made and the wiki file:

code:
@echo off
echo 1
echo.
echo.

set str=%7
if not x%str:movie=%==x%str% echo movies
Actually not that bad with some googling, might try to get into this some more. I guess I could add to the script to do an if/switch thingy detecting multiple different categories but my TV sorting works great with Sonarr and I only need to get movies working.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

kiresays posted:

But if CouchPotato gets a download, sends it automatically, it winds up in my completed downloads folder because the category was never set.

I just set the category in couch potato.

http://www.htpcbeginner.com/images/2012/07/CouchPotato-4-SABnzbd-Settings.png

I set up completed/sonarr and completed/couchpotato and set those to the sabnzbd categories I think. It's been a while and I'm not home to check, but i also use couch sonarr sabnzbd and plex and it's rock solid.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I just can't get Sonarr to retry failed downloads. I load up the app perhaps an hour or three after the failure and I click "Automatic Search" next to the episode, and it successfully downloads. But it doesn't do it without my intervention.

I have "Failed Download Handling - Redownload" set to yes. Debian, Ver. 2.0.0.3357. I'll put in a ticket but maybe someone can tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

New CouchPotato looks great, shame that it still absolutely sucks at finding new downloads despite refreshing titles that I know exist.

edit: actually it just doesn't grab a bunch of stuff that exists for weeks at a time. Cool.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 26, 2015

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

sellouts posted:

New CouchPotato looks great, shame that it still absolutely sucks at finding new downloads despite refreshing titles that I know exist.

edit: actually it just doesn't grab a bunch of stuff that exists for weeks at a time. Cool.

...didn't even know they were working on a redesign and, after being updated to it, I want to go back. The new one is a massive waste of space and far less friendly.

Not that the older one was much better, but it was still better...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How old is the new Couch? I've had to do a bit of a reorganise the last few days after losing a HDD, hit the update button and grabbed v3. Wasn't sure if it had been there a while or not but I'm guessing not by latest posts?

It definitely looks better, but they've still not done anything to counter the lack of key for the quality backgrounds in the Home page (you can go to Manage to work out what they are, but it's still not amazingly clear). Also they still haven't implemented HDRip yet? luckily it seems to grab them OK but it'd be better to have it as a category than think they're BD Rips each time.

New one is far better on a mobile device too.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

How old is the new Couch? I've had to do a bit of a reorganise the last few days after losing a HDD, hit the update button and grabbed v3. Wasn't sure if it had been there a while or not but I'm guessing not by latest posts?

It definitely looks better, but they've still not done anything to counter the lack of key for the quality backgrounds in the Home page (you can go to Manage to work out what they are, but it's still not amazingly clear). Also they still haven't implemented HDRip yet? luckily it seems to grab them OK but it'd be better to have it as a category than think they're BD Rips each time.

New one is far better on a mobile device too.

Whoever designed it very obviously either doesn't have a higher resolution monitor or does all of his browsing in a small window. Because on a resolution like 2560x1440, there is far, far too much space between everything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Actually I have a 1440p monitor, but I run it in a window of about 1200px wide with other apps around it so it's perfectly usable and looks good. If I fullscreen my browser, I see what you mean - the posters scale too big (not by thaaaaat much, but the low resolution of them doesn't help) and there's too big a gap between the movie name and the status elements on the right hand side.

Could be an easy fix though, do a width detection on the browser viewport and then move the bottom "Still not available" chart up the top and stick it side by side with the "Snatched and Available" one, which will halve the width of each one and look fine. Then just pull the poster scale down and it should be all good for most resolutions.

e: should be noted, that I have about 15 tabs open and 12 of them are formatted for ~960px fixed width and look awkward because of huge borders. 3 use %age based layouts, and generally look terrible (SA is one of these, the message window is horrendously wide) and only 1 of these actually looks good (iCloud Numbers). Designing for a multitude of widths and devices is a nightmare, and the only reason I have my browser fullwidth is when I'm using Numbers and need lots of columns on screen at once).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 26, 2015

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Diviance posted:

Whoever designed it very obviously either doesn't have a higher resolution monitor or does all of his browsing in a small window. Because on a resolution like 2560x1440, there is far, far too much space between everything.

As a general rule, aside from situations like EL BROMANCE's spreadsheet example it's usually a bad idea to maximize your web browser on a large display. Columns of text are easier to read when they're narrower (to an extent obviously).

Of course Couch Potato's UI should scale better, but to some extent this is a "it hurts when I do this. Well don't do that!" type situation. Maximizing every window is a habit thats worth breaking.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

wolrah posted:

As a general rule, aside from situations like EL BROMANCE's spreadsheet example it's usually a bad idea to maximize your web browser on a large display. Columns of text are easier to read when they're narrower (to an extent obviously).

Of course Couch Potato's UI should scale better, but to some extent this is a "it hurts when I do this. Well don't do that!" type situation. Maximizing every window is a habit thats worth breaking.

I don't agree, I like it this way. It lets me concentrate on what I am reading without distractions.

And I don't maximize every window, just the browser.

The old UI should be an option...

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I don't really care one way or the other, it only takes 5-10 seconds to do what I want on the desktop UI. On my phone I just use nzb360 but I guess iPhone users don't have that option.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Gunslinger posted:

I don't really care one way or the other, it only takes 5-10 seconds to do what I want on the desktop UI. On my phone I just use nzb360 but I guess iPhone users don't have that option.

To be honest, main thing I want to be able to do on my iPhone wrt Couch Potato is add movies, so I just sync it to my IMDb watch list and use the IMDb app and tap the +. Web interface is fine on iPhone too, way better than it used to be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like that Sonarr doesn't have a mass delete option, so when your second hard disk in 5 days dies overnight you get the joy of clicking through every single show that was on it, sigh and hit the big red button individually.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a strange issue with my install of NZBGet. It will work fine for about 20 minutes then it becomes unresponsive. I have to kill it via the task manager then it works again for a time. This happens whether or not I'm downloading or it is just sitting there. I've tried both the stable and testing version. Any ideas?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really wish TheTVdb didn't force shows that have 2 episodes per airing to be listed twice despite that not being how anyone in the world watches them.

I've never made anything in thexem before, could it be used to counter this? As sonarr uses that as a translation between files and entries.

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?
Also, figured I'd throw this out as well - I've got a nzedb install up at http://nzb.devilsaur.us/ that's open as well.

It's basically just TV (and a couple of movie groups) because, well, that what I'm using it for.

It goes back about ~10 days, but is going to be kept current going forward.

Yes, some links are broken, no, it can't send any sort of email (don't forget your password!) but it does work otherwise.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

cstine posted:

Also, figured I'd throw this out as well - I've got a nzedb install up at http://nzb.devilsaur.us/ that's open as well.

It's basically just TV (and a couple of movie groups) because, well, that what I'm using it for.

It goes back about ~10 days, but is going to be kept current going forward.

Yes, some links are broken, no, it can't send any sort of email (don't forget your password!) but it does work otherwise.

Your top links (My Queue, Advanced Search, New Releases, etc) all point to localhost. It's possible to navigate to those pages manually, though.

Registered and using! Thanks!

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Your top links (My Queue, Advanced Search, New Releases, etc) all point to localhost. It's possible to navigate to those pages manually, though.

Registered and using! Thanks!

Yeah, I need to figure out why in the world it's using 'localhost' instead of the site name. I assume I screwed something up somewhere.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I really wish TheTVdb didn't force shows that have 2 episodes per airing to be listed twice despite that not being how anyone in the world watches them.

I've never made anything in thexem before, could it be used to counter this? As sonarr uses that as a translation between files and entries.

TVDB is seriously the worst drat thing. :sigh: They've gotten their head so far up their rear end that nothing is going to change but people keep using it over TVRage or any other site that does the same thing but sane.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I am looking into couchpotato after a long break. How do I have it pull all releases from a movie I have in my library? For instance if I wanted to grab a higher quality.

I am on the latest version.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm looking at Couchpotato. I am not a movie collector, more of a movie 'watch on my iPad'er. I usually go with an SD quality that is about 1.5gb in size. I'm confused as to what I set CP's quality at to get this.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Why do you guys care about how CP looks? I generally open its page once a week for 30 seconds to type in a movie name that I came across that wasn't on IMDB (where I would use the extension to add the movie). It could be all ASCII art for all I care.

This sounds like a snarky question, but isn't. I'm just curious what usages I'm missing out on.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

porktree posted:

I'm looking at Couchpotato. I am not a movie collector, more of a movie 'watch on my iPad'er. I usually go with an SD quality that is about 1.5gb in size. I'm confused as to what I set CP's quality at to get this.

I don't use CP so I don't know specifically, but SD content is usually referred to as HDTV, while the HD content is 720p and 1080p.

edit: scratch that, that's obviously only for TV. You'd want either DVDrip or 480p.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 2, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

porktree posted:

Go into Quality and make a profile for DVDRip and BRRip. That should get everything you want.

Thermopyle posted:

Why do you guys care about how CP looks? I generally open its page once a week for 30 seconds to type in a movie name that I came across that wasn't on IMDB (where I would use the extension to add the movie). It could be all ASCII art for all I care.

This sounds like a snarky question, but isn't. I'm just curious what usages I'm missing out on.

I think the look is generally OK, but a functional UI is very important to every piece of software even if you're only using it sparsely.

If I open Couch Potato now, I see a movie listed with 1080p in a green box and a BR Rip in a blue box. I don't know what this means. If I mouse over to get a tooltip or something, it changes functionality and brings up a menu that's not related. This isn't good design.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

EL BROMANCE posted:

Go into Quality and make a profile for DVDRip and BRRip. That should get everything you want.

I think the look is generally OK, but a functional UI is very important to every piece of software even if you're only using it sparsely.

Yeah, I was asking what part of the UI you're using that is not functional.

I was just wondering what people were doing where they used/looked at anything other than the search box...which certainly seems functional to me. Like, what hidden use cases was I was missing out on.

I certainly wasn't saying that a functional UI wasn't important.

EL BROMANCE posted:

If I open Couch Potato now, I see a movie listed with 1080p in a green box and a BR Rip in a blue box.
Yeah, this is dumb and has been a problem with CP for a long time. Here's] a post from 2013 about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think that and the fact it doesn't look great at full width (which most sites don't) were the only criticisms brought up, unless I missed something? I think it looks fine and the search box works decently well, even though I prefer to sync through IMDB most of the time anyway. No major complaints from me anyway.

Does seem odd that they did a redesign and didn't fix something people obviously have an issue with, but it's not the end of the world.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think that and the fact it doesn't look great at full width (which most sites don't) were the only criticisms brought up, unless I missed something? I think it looks fine and the search box works decently well, even though I prefer to sync through IMDB most of the time anyway. No major complaints from me anyway.

Does seem odd that they did a redesign and didn't fix something people obviously have an issue with, but it's not the end of the world.

I was under the impression that those were just a couple of specific examples brought up of the design being bad.

Whatever, I was just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I hit it from my cellphone all the time so I don't use the imdb extension much. New UI is way better on mobile.