Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They probably hate running the indexer and decided to deal with it in the most passive-aggressive way they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Their admins seem to think that buttcoin is 'as easy as PayPal' and they can't imagine anyone not using it on the internet these days :rolleyes:

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Is Dog still everyones fav or what. I've more or less completely abandoned usenet save for a few block accounts that still ha GBs on them (and for all I know have magically expired or something). Last time I dipped my toe, I was getting incompletes up and down the board even with all my fills. I used to VIP accounts on both Dog and .su but those have both expired too.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

.su is still my go to, but these days you need to have as many indexers on the go as you can in case one just suddenly disappears

90% of my grabbing is via sonar so incompletes isn't a thing for me

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

Is Dog still everyones fav or what. I've more or less completely abandoned usenet save for a few block accounts that still ha GBs on them (and for all I know have magically expired or something). Last time I dipped my toe, I was getting incompletes up and down the board even with all my fills. I used to VIP accounts on both Dog and .su but those have both expired too.

I have found visiting the indexer themselves is actually pretty rare now for me, my automation is probably 98% of my usage or so. I prefer nzbs.org but I think thats locked down atm.

Expiration/DMCA'd posts are much more common now, I really don't see the need of paying full price for a provider now for myself. I just spend $5 a month for frugal or the newsgroup direct sale since automation means I get the post basically as soon as it gets posted.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 21, 2016

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
The thing is, and you can probably find me saying it in this thread sometime in the past, is that I'm a weirdo in that I like to actually browse indexers and grab stuff here and there. I'm rarely snatching up the latest thing. Nowadays 85% of the ISOs I download via other means are rare, hard to find ISOs from trackers that are essentially ISO preservation societies, stuff that is only available in those places and definitely not on usenet.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
What I have been running for a few years now is a local spotweb installation. I have an account with some free indexer but which I rarely visit, only when spotweb cannot find something recent enough. Last time I looked the mysql database was at around 2GB or so, and has been working really well for me so far.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Volguus posted:

What I have been running for a few years now is a local spotweb installation. I have an account with some free indexer but which I rarely visit, only when spotweb cannot find something recent enough. Last time I looked the mysql database was at around 2GB or so, and has been working really well for me so far.

I ran spotweb for several years, but one day I just gave up on it because all my other tools (sickbeard, etc) found stuff way faster on newznab sites so my spotweb installation was basically never used by anything.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

How do you get Sonarr to quit making folders inside of folders that already exist for TV seasons created before I started using Sonarr?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Smeep posted:

How do you get Sonarr to quit making folders inside of folders that already exist for TV seasons created before I started using Sonarr?

Rename the folders that existed before, ideally. Unless you change it, it should be Season 1, Season 9, Season 10 etc without a 0 before the number.

Maybe I'm not properly understanding the question but I haven't had Sonar make unwanted folders if my stuff is named properly "E:\TV\TVShow\Season 1" for example.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Godinster posted:

Rename the folders that existed before, ideally. Unless you change it, it should be Season 1, Season 9, Season 10 etc without a 0 before the number.

Maybe I'm not properly understanding the question but I haven't had Sonar make unwanted folders if my stuff is named properly "E:\TV\TVShow\Season 1" for example.

Yeah I have that now, but what's happening is like this:

> Videos > TV Show Name > Season 13

And then when I look after Sonarr's grabbed and processed I see:

> Videos > TV Show Name > Season 13 > TV Show Name > Season 13 > Episode Title

I'm sure I've got something set wrong but I don't know where.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Is there any way to tell Sonarr that only later seasons of a show are available in HD?

I'm trying to re-download a series that I lost in a disk crash, but the first X seasons were produced in SD and will never get any better than DVD quality. Newer episodes are broadcast at 720p and eventually get a Bluray release at 1080p

Unfortunately some idiots have for reasons that only make sense to them decided that they want to waste space by upconverting the older episodes to 720p, as if that actually made them higher quality. I obviously don't want the upscaled files, but I do want the later seasons to get the highest quality available.

Am I stuck filtering out the groups that are uploading this junk and hoping they never release something I actually want?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

wolrah posted:

Is there any way to tell Sonarr that only later seasons of a show are available in HD?

I'm trying to re-download a series that I lost in a disk crash, but the first X seasons were produced in SD and will never get any better than DVD quality. Newer episodes are broadcast at 720p and eventually get a Bluray release at 1080p

Unfortunately some idiots have for reasons that only make sense to them decided that they want to waste space by upconverting the older episodes to 720p, as if that actually made them higher quality. I obviously don't want the upscaled files, but I do want the later seasons to get the highest quality available.

Am I stuck filtering out the groups that are uploading this junk and hoping they never release something I actually want?

About the best you can do probably is set the show to SD. Then unmonitor the later HD seasons.

Once the SD seasons are downloaded unmonitor them and re-monitor the HD seasons. Set show quality to HD. Then it'll get them in HD.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Thermopyle posted:

About the best you can do probably is set the show to SD. Then unmonitor the later HD seasons.

Once the SD seasons are downloaded unmonitor them and re-monitor the HD seasons. Set show quality to HD. Then it'll get them in HD.

That's pretty much what I did to start, but I have a lot of gaps in the older seasons due to removed posts that I'd like it to fill in when the opportunity presents itself.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got an email about NZB.AG being back up and to register soon, etc.

Don't wanna seem dumb but has anyone else gotten this? Seems on the level but you can't be too careful I suppose...

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I really like http://www.nzbndx.com/ from what I've seen so far.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I use NZBGet to automatically download files from a BinSearch RSS feed. Does anybody know of any scripts that will not put the downloaded file into a folder that has the same name? I want the file placed directly in a specific folder by its self.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Not sure where to ask this, figured I would try here. Is anyone using a VPS to download their linux isos and then rclone them to their amazon drive account? Just wondering what is out there and what the cost would be. I wouldn't need much space (maybe 50gb) since I would just automatically move everything to ACD, but I would needs lots and lots of bandwidth.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Just a heads up that the Couch Potato Chrome extension looks like it's injecting text ads into web sites.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

tvgm2 posted:

Just a heads up that the Couch Potato Chrome extension looks like it's injecting text ads into web sites.
Yeah, I noticed the same issue a few weeks ago, but as it was only happening on SA and was gone again an hour later, I thought Lowtax & Co. were experimenting with a new add provider.
Then last night it went totally crazy, but for me still only on SA.

Just did a little digging and on the Couch Potato forums, it's also been noticed along with the extension being removed from the Chrome store:
https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50002

Reddit saw this some weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/53nkes/psa_couchpotato_chrome_extension_compromised/

Uninstall that poo poo now and run your malware/virus scanners.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

tvgm2 posted:

Thanks, saw this post then saw an ad disabled the extension reloaded and ad went away. Looks like it has been pulled from the chome store. Sucks chrome doesn't warn people who all ready have the extension installed when a dev pulls a bait and switch like this.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 10, 2016

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I've finally revitalized my 10 year old tower with a new mobo, a new (cheap) Celeron processor, 16 gigs of RAM, 4 x 3 TB NAS HDs and FreeNAS. I just got CouchPotato, Sonarr and SAB talking to each other and everything seems hunky dory. Next step I suppose is installing rtorrent and rutorrent.

Greatest Living Man fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 11, 2016

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Does anyone else have the problem of NZBGet failing downloads (often at precisely ~89% health check) that, when the download is then retried a few hours later, the download works fine?

This is happening for many of my NZBget download jobs now and it's getting to be a real pain.

It's almost as if NZBget is trying to download before the full collection is ready on the Usenet servers being used. I only use Giganews as my primaries, with Blocknews as block secondaries, so maybe it's backend specific...

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Jesse Iceberg posted:

Does anyone else have the problem of NZBGet failing downloads (often at precisely ~89% health check) that, when the download is then retried a few hours later, the download works fine?

This is happening for many of my NZBget download jobs now and it's getting to be a real pain.

It's almost as if NZBget is trying to download before the full collection is ready on the Usenet servers being used. I only use Giganews as my primaries, with Blocknews as block secondaries, so maybe it's backend specific...

I've just noticed this actually. Got a few that finished with Bad but looking at them the exact same nzb's been downloaded successfully later. The first one or two only has a small file size, like 50mb, compared to 700mb of the complete one.

Are you using Sonarr? Maybe it's that

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Jesse Iceberg posted:

Set a delay in your TV fetcher program if new posts propagate too slowly to your USPs for how fast it's trying to download them

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Keito posted:

Set a delay in your TV fetcher program if new posts propagate too slowly to your USPs for how fast it's trying to download them

Sounds promising, would you know if that's possible to do in Sonarr?

EDIT: Got it, it's a global "Minimum Age (Minutes)" in the Indexer settings. I'll try setting that to something like 10 minutes initially.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Upgrading to OSX 10.12 completely broke SABNZBD for me it seems. The program will open but it doesn't do anything (won't download, won't scan folders) and freezes when I try to restart or shut it down. I tried replacing it with the latest version from the website, which didn't work, and then tried wiping everything from my Library folder and completely starting from scratch but it froze upon trying to restart after initial config. Anyone else having this problem?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

GobiasIndustries posted:

Upgrading to OSX 10.12 completely broke SABNZBD for me it seems. The program will open but it doesn't do anything (won't download, won't scan folders) and freezes when I try to restart or shut it down. I tried replacing it with the latest version from the website, which didn't work, and then tried wiping everything from my Library folder and completely starting from scratch but it froze upon trying to restart after initial config. Anyone else having this problem?

As a workaround, you might want to try NZBGet instead. If you do, go into your server options and select RC4-MD5 as the SSL cipher for all of your backends; it'll download faster.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nzbget is as good as, if not better than, SAB so don't see this as a downgrade. Like, I wouldn't switch over for no reason - but if I was to star from scratch,
I'd probably go with nzbget to be honest.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

As a workaround, you might want to try NZBGet instead. If you do, go into your server options and select RC4-MD5 as the SSL cipher for all of your backends; it'll download faster.
If you want to maximize speed at the cost of security you might as well go unencrypted then. Both RC4 and MD5 are broken.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Nzbget is as good as, if not better than, SAB so don't see this as a downgrade.
I tried running NZBGet for a while and ended up dropping it. Performance is definitely magnitudes better since it's not written in Python, but the program would regularly fail on downloads, that completed without any problems on SABnzbd, for no apparent reason.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the replies all, it's not mission critical so I'll wait a little bit until they compile an official OSX 10.12 build. If its still not working then, I'll look into alternatives. I did a little searching on the official forums and couldn't find a thing about it and they said that the current build should run fine on 10.12 so its just a bit weird.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Doesn't really help you but I haven't had any issues using SAB on 10.12 running on a late 2014 Mac mini. Are you running the latest version (1.1.0)? They have a release candidate for 1.1.1 I believe, have you tried running that?

1.1.1 RC2 MacOS

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey the RC seems to work, thank you! Dunno why I completely spaced on trying it out. Weirdly enough every other application I've run since the 10.12 update has worked slightly better.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
For poo poo and giggles, I setup sonnar for the first time to snatch a certain western-themed linux iso using my left over bits from my block accounts. Curious to see it in action and see if its maybe worth getting back into usenet.

I signed up for nzbndx based on a post on this page, I hope the api hits on the free account last enough for at least tonight to work. nzb.su is slightly more expensive, any reason why I should stick with them over nzbndx? i used to a vip there but its run out long ago.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Not terribly impressed with the time its taking for this thing to pop up in the indexers.

On top of everything, it finally showed up on nzb su but not on nzbndx, and it has something in the list that came AFTER it, so its like as if it has skipped it or something. The thing I'm watching for is already on all the private trackers and even on the kodi addons.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Keep us updated!

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I can't tell if that was sarcastic but, yeah it eventually popped up on nzbndx some 45 minutes after air time and ~35 minutes after it appeared on trackers and file lockers and ~20 minute after it appeared on nzb su. But sonar i guess was still waiting for the "populate" time so i forced a search and it grabbed it incident free in less than a minute.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
fascinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Gozinbulx posted:

I can't tell if that was sarcastic but, yeah it eventually popped up on nzbndx some 45 minutes after air time and ~35 minutes after it appeared on trackers and file lockers and ~20 minute after it appeared on nzb su. But sonar i guess was still waiting for the "populate" time so i forced a search and it grabbed it incident free in less than a minute.

You can change the search frequency in Sonarr. I use 30 minutes because I don't care if it arrives 10 minutes later than another source but go crazy if its bugging you that much. The impressive thing with Sonarr is its failed download handling more than anything else. Otherwise it functions very similar to SABnzbd. Oh and it supports torrents if you can find things there that much faster.